|Billy Magnussen Quick Info
|5 ft 11 in
|Date of Birth
|April 20, 1985
Billy Magnussen is an American actor of stage, TV, and film who is mainly known for playing roles in several popular films such as Into the Woods (2014), Birth of the Dragon (2016), and Game Night (2018). Once he graduated from college, he entered the theatre world and became a part of many known and successful productions. His TV work includes playing several supporting roles in shows like The Divide and The People v. O. J. Simpson: American Crime Story. He also performs as a guitarist in a band in New York City named ‘Reserved for Rondee’.
William Gregory Magnussen
Woodhaven, Queens, New York, United States
New York, United States
Billy attended South Forsyth High School and graduated from there in 2003 and went to the North Carolina School of the Arts.
Actor, Musician, Singer
- Father – Greg Magnussen (Professional bodybuilder and Kickboxer)
- Mother – Daina (Aerobics instructor)
- Siblings – He has 2 younger brothers.
- Others – Ruth D (Paternal Grandmother), Algimantas Siemaška (Maternal Grandfather) Otilija Meškauskaitė/Meskauskas (Maternal Grandmother)
He is represented by Anonymous Content (Talent Management Company), Culver City, California, United States.
Stage & Screen
5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm
73 kg or 161 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Billy has dated –
- Meghann Fahy (2017-2022) – Billy started dating his The Lost Valentine co-star, Meghann Fahy in 2017. They were seen together in many of his Instagram posts. In 2022, they unfollowed each other on Instagram and Meghann also deleted all the posts of them together from her Instagram account.
Race / Ethnicity
He has Lithuanian ancestry on her mother’s side.
He often tends to dye his hair ‘Light Brown’ and ‘Dark Brown’.
Sparkling blue eyes
He has done endorsement work for these brands through his Instagram account –
- Sur La Table
Best Known For
Playing important roles in several popular films such as Into the Woods (2014), Birth of the Dragon (2016), and Game Night (2018)
As a Singer
He made his theatrical film debut as Eric in the horror film Blood Night: The Legend of Mary Hatchet in 2009.
First TV Show
Billy made his first TV show appearance as Casey Hughes on the romantic drama series As the World Turns in 2008.
Billy was highly inclined towards athletics while growing up. He used to do wrestling when he was in high school and also played hockey and putt-putt at a young age. Then, he started dancing during his college days. He still does cardio on a regular basis including running on the treadmill and doing an elliptical workout, especially in the morning.
The actor can also be seen doing yoga poses as well as handstand on his Instagram account. He also enjoys doing hiking, surfing, and skydiving. Billy can also be seen doing work out with his girlfriend every now and then.
Billy Magnussen Facts
- He relocated with his family to Cumming, Georgia at the age of 10.
- In 2007, Billy made his Broadway stage debut in the comedy farce The Ritz, starring Rosie Perez.
- He joined a band as a guitarist in the New York City called ‘Reserved for Yondee’.
- Billy used to be a songwriter and a bass player in the New York City-based rock band called ‘The Dash’.
- Meryl Streep once referred him to director Rob Marshall for the film adaptation of Into the Woods after seeing his performance in the stage show Vanya and Sonia and Masha and Spike (2013).
- Robin Williams inspired him to start acting and he credits Robin to be his idol.
- He played roles in 2 movies named Bridge of Spies and The Big Short, which were nominated for the 2015 Best Picture Oscars.
- Billy used to do wrestling during his senior year in high school, but he had to quit due to a hamstring injury. As a result, he had to drop out of gym class in the senior year of his college.
Featured Image by Alessandra Nölting / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0