|Liza Minnelli Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||March 12, 1946|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Liza Minnelli is an American actor, voice actor, singer, dancer, choreographer, director, producer, and philanthropist who is one of the few artists who have been awarded an Emmy, Grammy (Grammy Legend Award), Oscar, and Tony (EGOT). Her film credits include The Sterile Cuckoo, Cabaret, Lucky Lady, Rent-a-Cop, Arthur, Arthur 2: On the Rocks, and New York, New York. Also, she is a Knight of the French Legion of Honour.
Liza May Minnelli
The Queen of Hollywood, The Queen of Broadway
Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, Beverly Boulevard, Los Angeles, California, United States
Liza Minnelli studied at the High School of Performing Arts in New York City and then attended Chadwick School in California.
Actor, Voice Actor, Singer, Dancer, Choreographer, Director, Producer, Philanthropist
- Father – Vincente Minnelli (Theatre and Film Director)
- Mother – Judy Garland (Actor, Singer, Dancer, Vaudevillian, Radio Presenter)
- Siblings – Christiane Nina Minnelli (nicknamed Tina Nina) (Younger Paternal Half-Sister), Lorna Luft (Younger Maternal Half-Sister) (Actor, Singer, Author), Joey Luft (Younger Maternal Half-Brother)
- Others – Vincent/Vincente Charles Minnelli (Paternal Grandfather) (Musical conductor of Minnelli Brothers’ Tent Theater), Mina Mary/Marie-Émilie Odile Lalouette dit Lebeau (Paternal Grandmother) (Stage Artist), Francis Avent “Frank” Gumm (Maternal Grandfather) (Vaudevillian), Ethel Marion (née Milne) (Maternal Grandmother) (Vaudevillian), Mary Jane “Suzy/Suzanne” Gumm (Maternal Aunt) (Actor), Dorothy Virginia “Jimmie” Gumm (Maternal Aunt) (Actor)
Liza has been repped by Scott Gorenstein, Public Relations Agency, Jersey City, New Jersey, United States.
Traditional Pop, Musical Theatre, Vocal, Disco
Capitol, A&M Records, Columbia Records, Epic Records, Angel Records, Decca Records
According to CelebrityNetWorth.com, her net worth has been $50 Million.
5 ft 4 in or 162.5 cm
58 kg or 128 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Liza Minnelli has dated –
- M’hammed Soumayah – RUMOR
- Randy Fenoli – RUMOR
- Gene Simmons
- Christopher Walken (1963-1964)
- Peter Allen (1964-1974) – She started going out with Peter Allen in 1964 and they married on March 3, 1967. The duo divorced on July 24, 1974. Later, Liza told The Advocate editor-in-chief Judy Wieder in September 1996, “I married Peter, and he didn’t tell me he was gay. Everyone knew but me. And I found out … well, let me put it this way: I’ll never surprise anybody coming home as long as I live. I call first!”.
- Bob Fosse (1971) – RUMOR
- Desi Arnaz Jr. (1971-1973)
- Peter Sellers (1973)
- Jack Haley Jr. (1974-1979) – On September 15, 1974, she married director and producer Jack Haley Jr. and they divorced in April 1979.
- Martin Scorsese (1976-1977)
- Mikhail Baryshnikov (1977-1978)
- Mark Gero (1979-1992) – Liza married Mark Gero on December 4, 1979, but the marriage ended in divorce in January 1992.
- Pedro Aguinaga (1983)
- Billy Stritch (1991-1996)
- Scott Baio (1996)
- David Gest (2001-2003) – She began dating concert promoter David Gest in 2001 and they married on March 16, 2002. However, the duo separated in July 2003 and divorced in April 2007.
Note – She has no children.
Race / Ethnicity
Liza Minnelli is of French-Canadian, Italian/Sicilian, English, Irish, and Scottish descent.
- Slick, bobbed shagged hair
- The mole on her face
Liza has been cast in TV commercials for –
- Freixenet Wine (1977)
- Estee Lauder “Metropolis” cologne for men (1988)
- Institute for the Achievement of Human Potential (1999)
- Snickers (2010)
She has also been cast in commercials for M.A.C. Cosmetics.
Liza Minnelli Favorite Things
- Modern-Day Singers – Adele, Michael Bublé, Pink, Lady Gaga
- Movie Starring Her Mother – Meet Me in St. Louis (1944)
Source – IMDb
Liza Minnelli Facts
- Her godparents were musician and actor Kay Thompson and lyricist Ira Gershwin.
- She was named after Ira Gershwin’s song Liza (All the Clouds’ll Roll Away).
- Liza Minnelli co-starred as Sally Bowles in the 1972 musical drama film Cabaret and this role won her the Academy Award for “Best Actress”.
- Some of her friends include Mia Farrow, Diana Ross, and Freddie Mercury.
- She has struggled with alcoholism.
Featured Image by Creative Management Associates (CMA) / eBay / Public Domain