|Lorna Luft Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||November 21, 1952|
Lorna Luft is an American actress, singer, and author who is widely known for being the daughter of singer and actress Judy Garland and producer Sidney Luft. She has released several singles including Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas (1995) and albums like
Songs My Mother Taught Me (2007). She has appeared in numerous films such as Where the Boys Are ’84 (1984), starred in a number of TV shows like Trapper John, M.D. (1985–1986) and performed on the stage including playing Adelaide in the American and world tour productions of Guys and Dolls (1992-1994).
Santa Monica, California, United States
She went to University High School in Los Angeles during her senior year and used to be a member of the school choir. She attended HB Studio in New York City studying Theatre.
Actress, Singer, Author
- Father – Sidney Luft (Show business figure)
- Mother – Judy Garland (Actress, Singer, Dancer)
- Siblings – Joey Luft (Brother)
- Others – Liza Minnelli (Half-Sister) (Singer, Actress)
She is represented by Lizanne Crowther Management.
- First Night Records
- Epic Records
- Private Stock Records
- DJM Records
- Silver Blue Records
- Dessca Records
- Carlton Sounds
5 ft 4 in or 162.5 cm
62 kg or 136.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
She has dated –
- Barry Manilow (1972-1974)
- Burt Reynolds (1974-1975)
- Jake Hooker (1977-1993) – She tied the knot with Jake on February 14, 1977. They got divorced in 1993. They have a son named Jesse Richards (b. April 19, 1984) and a daughter named Vanessa Hooker (b. September 21, 1990).
- Colin Freeman (1996-Present) – She married Colin on September 14, 1996.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Ashkenazi Jewish, English, Irish, and Scottish descent.
She often tends to dye her hair in different shades.
- Thin lips
- Expressive eyes
Lorna Luft Favorite Things
- Fond Of – Her super comfortable cashmere sweater
Source – The Guardian
Lorna Luft Facts
- Her book Me and My Shadows: A Family Memoir was published in 1998 and later adapted as the TV show Life with Judy Garland: Me and My Shadows that won the Emmy award in 2001.
- She has disclosed that she had a chaotic childhood being raised amidst her mother’s addiction to prescription-drugs that would take her life in 1969. However, she has always rejected the popular concept of her mother as a tragic figure saying we all have tragedies in our lives but that hardly makes us tragic. She has added that her mother was funny, loving, and wonderfully gifted and had great moments in her career as well as in her personal life.
- She has recalled how she would watch TV shows where her mother was vacuuming the house or sitting down to dinner and she would find that to be very strange as her mother in real life used to do many stereotypical things done by mothers but she would never clean the house or cook as those tasks would be done by the staff in the house, her mother being away working. Also opposed to what she saw on the small screen that represented what was supposed to be the normal American family, her parents were actually going out to places like Carnegie Hall and having glamorous parties and being on the movie sets.
Featured Image by Lorna Luft / Instagram