|Scott Baio Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||September 22, 1960|
Scott Baio first became a mainstream star after he was cast in the role of Chachi Arcola on the popular sitcom, Happy Days. His immense popularity with the audiences led to him being cast in the lead role on the sitcom Charles in Charge. He was next cast in an important role in the medical drama series, Diagnosis: Murder. His popularity was also fuelled by his colorful love life. Before he decided to settle down with Renee, he had affairs with sex sirens such as Pamela Anderson and Brooke Shields.
Scott Vincent James Baio
Bensonhurst, Brooklyn, New York, United States
West Valley, California, United States
Scott Baio completed his high school education from Xaverian High School.
Actor and Television Producer
- Father – Mario Baio (Manager)
- Mother – Rose Baio (Homemaker)
- Siblings – Steven Baio (Brother) (Actor), Stephanie Baio (Sister)
- Others – Jimmy Baio (Paternal Cousin) (Actor), Joey Baio (Paternal Cousin) (Actor), Chris Baio (Paternal Cousin) (Musician and Vampire Weekend band member)
Scott Baio is represented by TalentWorks (Burbank based Talent Agency)
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
74 kg or 163 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Scott Baio has dated –
- Beverly D’Angelo – Scott Baio confirmed during his appearance on the Howard Stern show that he had a fling with actress and singer, Beverly D’Angelo in the past. He even went on to claim that she was amazing in the bed.
- Liza Minnelli – Baio made another revelation about his love life while talking to Howard Stern as he revealed that he had a short-lived affair with actress and singer, Liza Minnelli. He had ended their affair by telling her that he wasn’t looking for a long-term thing.
- Sheila Kennedy – Scott’s relationship with model and TV personality, Sheila Kennedy, came to light after she appeared in his reality TV show, Scott Baio is 45…and Single. While they were dating, Scott was working on the popular sitcom, Charles in Charge. She decided to end their relationship after she visited the sets of the show and saw Scott walking in with Pamela Anderson.
- Sue Carlson – Scott is rumored to have dated actress Sue Carlson in the past.
- Denise Richards – Baio had a fling with actress Denise Richards when she was starting her career. However, Scott hasn’t been too much of a fan of her ability in the bed as he gave her rating of 3 for her performance in the sack. He apparently claimed that she was too interested in asking how much money he had. However, Denise in her interviews has denied ever having any physical contact with Baio.
- Kristy McNichol (1978) – He has had a short affair with actress Kristy McNichol in 1978. They had started dating after having worked together in the episode of the TV show, The Love Boat, in which they even shared an onscreen kiss. However, some sources claim that they had been dating even before the episode was filmed.
- Brooke Shields (1978-1981) – In 1978, Baio officially started dating actress and model, Brooke Shields. Their relationship lasted for about 3 years as they decided to separate in 1981.
- Erin Moran (1980-1982) – As per reports, Baio started going out with actress Erin Moran in 1980. Their romance had blossomed while shooting for the popular TV series, Happy Days.
- Heather Locklear (1983) – Scott had a short-lived relationship with actress Heather Locklear in the 80s. This was a rare relationship that Scott later regretted. He claimed that she was the greatest woman and he ruined his chance to have a long relationship with her.
- Melissa Gilbert (1984) – Baio reportedly hooked up with actress and director, Melissa Gilbert in 1984. She later called him an a**hole in her appearance on Watch What Happens Live. However, she later apologized to Baio on Twitter and claimed that she was simply trying to make a joke at Scott’s expense.
- Kay Lenz (1986-1992) – Baio was first spotted with actress Kay Lenz in public in 1986. It has been widely assumed that they grew close after having worked together for an episode of Charles in Charge. They were spotted attending at least 5 public events between 1986 and 1992, which has led to claims that they dated on and off during that period.
- Julie McCullough (1986) – As per reports, Baio hooked up with the model, Julie McCullough in 1986. She had just been declared Playmate of the Month for February 1986 by Playboy magazine, when he took a liking to her.
- Nicollette Sheridan (1987-1988) – Scott started his relationship with English model and actress, Nicollette Sheridan in September 1987. They were pictured together at a couple of events. They decided to end their relationship by the end of the following year.
- Lesley Ann Warren (1989) – In 1989, Baio was reported to be going out with American actress, Lesley Ann Warren.
- Donya Fiorentino (1989) – Scott was linked with actress Donya Fiorentino in June 1989 after he took her as his date for the premiere of Do the Right Thing.
- Pamela Anderson (1990-1993) – Scott started his relationship with model Pamela Anderson in April 1990. In his appearance on Howard Stern’s show, he even took credit for her iconic role in Baywatch. He claimed that he had sent her picture to a prominent casting agency while they were going out. He also revealed that he once proposed to her while they were in the shower.
- Nicole Eggert (1990) – Scott had a sexual fling with actress Nicole Eggert in 1990. His sexual relationship with Eggert even opened him to her accusations of sexual harassment and inappropriate sexual conduct while she was just a teen. He countered all these claims that he slept with her after the production of their show, Charles in Charge was wrapped up and by then, she had turned 18, months ago.
- Erika Eleniak (1992) – In 1992, he dated actress and former Playmate, Erika Eleniak, for a brief period of time.
- Natalie Raitano (1999) – In his interview, Scott once revealed that he had a one night stand with American actress, Natalie Raitano.
- Jeanette Jonsson (2000-2005) – In 2000, Scott Baio started going out with Jeanette Jonsson. They got engaged in 2001. But they never made it to the aisle. They were discussing marriage even in 2005 and they separated shortly after.
- Renee Sloan (2005-Present) – Scott had first met the former model, Renee Sloan, in the 1990s at the Playboy Mansion. They started dating in October 2005. Renee was working as a stuntwoman at that time. In July 2007, he revealed that he was expecting a child with Renee. In November 2007, their daughter Hailey was born 5 weeks premature. Initially, Renee was pregnant with twins but lost one of the babies in the 11th week of gestation. They got married in December 2007 in a lavish ceremony held on the rooftop at a luxury high-rise Saturday in Los Angeles. Their religious wedding ceremony was even covered in an episode of his reality show, Scott Baio is 45… and Single.
Race / Ethnicity
He has Italian ancestry.
In 2016, Scott Baio was featured in a Super Bowl commercial for Avocados From Mexico.
He has also appeared in the TV commercials for the following brands –
- LASSO (alongside Mel Gibson)
- Nick at Nite’s
- Dr. Pepper
His religious views aren’t known.
Best Known For
- Being cast in the role of Chachi Arcola on the popular sitcom, Happy Days from 1977 to 1984
- Having played the lead role on the CBS sitcom, Charles in Charge
- Being a member of the main cast in the Nickelodeon sitcom, See Dad Run
In 1976, he made his theatrical film debut in the musical comedy movie, Bugsy Malone.
First TV Show
In 1976, Scott Baio made his first TV show appearance on Luke Was There episode of the family TV series, NBC Special Treat.
Scott Baio Favorite Things
- Acting Mentor – Tom Bosley
Source – IMDb
Scott Baio Facts
- In December 1997, a rumor started circulating that he was killed in a car accident. However, it later emerged that he wasn’t even involved in any car accident.
- In January 2005, the TV Guide placed him on the 16th spot in the list featuring TV’s 25 Greatest Teen Idols.
- He was once placed at the 18th spot by VH1 channel in their list featuring 100 Greatest Teen Stars.
- Scott Baio is one of the few vocal conservatives in the Hollywood. In his youth, he actively campaigned for Ronald Reagan. He was also one of the few brave souls to have openly endorsed Donald Trump for the 2016 US Presidential Election.
- In December 2016, he accused Nancy Mark, wife of Red Hot Chili Peppers drummer Chad Smith, of having physically assaulted him at their children’s elementary school function. He claimed that she first started berating him for supporting Donald Trump before grabbing him by the arms and shaking him.
- Nancy Mark claimed that she hadn’t been intentionally physically aggressive and was simply showing how Trump hugs women. However, Baio maintained that it was a case of Hollywood’s unhinged vitriol against Trump and his supporters.
- In January 2018, he was accused of sexual misconduct by actress Nicole Eggert. She had previously accused him of similar conduct in 2013. She revealed that he first made inappropriate relations when she was 14 years old and had sexual intercourse with her when she was 17.
- Scott Baio refuted all her sexual misconduct allegations and claimed that he only once had sexual contact with her and that was after she had turned 18. He also pointed out that she had modified her version of events between 2013 and 2018.
- Baio underwent multiple polygraph tests to prove that he was speaking the truth. In August 2018, he also filed a lawsuit against Eggert accusing her of mounting a harassment campaign against him and his family, which involved posting their personal information on the social media, which was obtained by hackers on her encouragement.
- He has previously courted controversy by describing then US President Barack Obama as a Muslim or Muslim sympathizer in his interview with Ashley Webster.
- Visit his official website @ scottbaio.com.
- Follow him on Twitter and Facebook.
Featured Image by Rob Hayes / Instagram