|Shania Twain Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||August 28, 1965|
Shania Twain is a Canadian singer, songwriter, and actor who has established herself as the best-selling female artist in country music history and one of the best-selling music artists of all time. Over the years, she has released albums like The Woman in Me, Shania Twain, Come On Over, Up!, and Now. Also, she has been a recipient of multiple accolades including at least 5 Grammy Awards, a World Music Award, 27 BMI Songwriter Awards, stars on Canada’s Walk of Fame and the Hollywood Walk of Fame, and an induction into the Canadian Music Hall of Fame. According to the RIAA, she became the first female artist in history to have 3 (consecutive) albums certified ‘Diamond’ by the RIAA.
Eilleen Regina Edwards
Eileen Twain, Eileen Lange, Eileen Thiebaud, Shania Edwards, Shania Lange, Shania Thiebaud, Eilleen Regina Edwards, Shania Twain, The Queen of Country Pop, The Country Pop Queen, Canada’s Cinderella
Windsor, Ontario, Canada
Timmins, Ontario, Canada
The singer went to Timmins High and Vocational School in Timmins (1983).
Singer, Songwriter, Actor
- Father – Clarence Edwards
- Mother – Sharon (née Morrison)
- Siblings – Mark Twain (Brother), Darryl Twain (Brother), Jill Edwards (Sister), Carrie-Ann Edwards (Sister)
- Others – Jerry Twain (Stepfather) (Owned a reforestation business in Ontario), Harold Edwards (Paternal Grandfather), Marie Régina Benson (Paternal Grandmother), George Bertram Morrison (Maternal Grandfather), Eileen Pearce (Maternal Grandmother)
She has been represented by these agencies –
- Sandbox Entertainment
- Headline Booking Group
- Maverick, Music Artist Management Company, Los Angeles, California, United States
Country, Country pop, Country rock, Pop
Her net worth had been $400 Million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 4 in or 163 cm
54 kg or 119 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Shania Twain has dated –
- Robert John Lange (1993-2008) – British singer-songwriter Robert John Lange and Shania started dating in 1993. After 7 months of courtship, the duo got married in the same year on 28th December. Together, they had a son, Eja D’Angelo on August 12, 2001. The couple separated in 2008 after Lange reportedly romanced Twain’s best friend, Marie-Anne Thiébaud.
- Frederic Thiébaud (2008-Present) – The couple got together in the year 2008, after dating for a year, they formally got into a relationship and got married in 2011. Frederic, an executive at Nestlé, is the former husband of Marie-Anne.
Race / Ethnicity
Shania Twain is of Irish, Northern Irish, English, French-Canadian, Wyandot First Nations, Portuguese, and Swiss-German descent.
- Deep Cleavage
- Hourglass body shape
36-24-35 in or 91.5-61-89 cm
6 (US) or 38 (EU)
6.5 (US) or 4 (UK) or 37 (EU)
She has appeared in the TV commercials for –
- Revlon (1999)
- Shania Starlight perfume (2007)
- Revlon’s EveryLash mascara (1999-2000) (Her music was used in the background)
- Caesar’s Palace
- Diet Coke
- Candie’s Clothing Brand
- Coty “Shania” by Stetson perfume
- Coty Shania Starlight perfume
She has been seen in print ads for
- Febreze Scentstories reusable scent discs (2005)
- Sanyo SCP-8100 cell phone
She follows Sant Mat, which is an Eastern spiritual philosophy.
Best Known For
Her songs like “From This Moment On”, “That Don’t Impress Me Much”, and “Man! I Feel Like a Woman!”
Shania released her debut studio album titled Shania Twain on April 20, 1993, via Mercury Nashville Records. It was certified as 2x Platinum in Canada.
In 2004, Shania was seen in the comedy film I Heart Huckabees where she performed a song.
First TV Show
In 1995, she appeared in an episode of the comedy talk show Late Show with David Letterman.
The Canadian singer loves to stay active and believes in eating clean. Like most of us, she also has her weak points like fries and other junk foods but she manages to limit those cravings only for her cheat days.
In an interview with “Hello” Magazine, Twain shared that she follows the discipline of keeping the carbs down in her diet plan. She prefers having greens every day along with nuts and other natural food items, thereby avoiding bread/rice/pasta and other processed food products.
Apart from having a strict no-carb diet, Shania plays tennis and does horse riding to stay active and healthy.
Shania Twain Favorite Things
- Food – French fries, dill pickle chips
- Place – Canada, Switzerland
- Color – Pink, Blue, Red
- Animal – Horse
Source – Hello Magazine
Shania Twain Facts
- In 2009, as per a study conducted by the University of Toronto and University of California, San Diego, which even got published in the journal called Vision Research, BBC reported that the singer has “The Perfect Face”, which is the condition wherein a woman’s facial features i.e., eyes, mouth, ears are in an ideal arrangement.
- Shania has been listed in the “Most Intriguing People” list issued by “People Weekly Magazine” in 1995.
- Her stepfather, an absolute Ojibway Native, raised the singer in a similar Ojibway Indian Culture.
- She was once voted as the sexiest vegetarian alive by PETA and even secured the 30th position in FHM magazine’s “100 Sexiest Women in the World 2006” issue.
- In her autobiography in 2011, she shared about the weakening of her singing voice as the reason for not being able to perform publicly due to which she had to opt for retirement in 2004.
- In 2012, Twain made a comeback with her critically acclaimed show “Still the One”.
- Having a history of a troubled and challenging childhood, the singer often did not carry lunch to school as the family couldn’t afford it. In order to support her family, Shania started singing at bars at the tender age of 8. Even though despising the environment of those places, Twain continued performing there because of her love for the art form.
- In 2010, as a part of the Winter Olympics torch relay, Twain carried the Olympic Torch in her hometown.
- On September 29, 2017, she released her 5th studio album Now through Mercury Nashville and it includes songs like Swingin’ with My Eyes Closed, Poor Me, More Fun, Who’s Gonna Be Your Girl, We Got Something They Don’t, Light of My Life, Life’s About to Get Good, and Roll Me on the River. The album peaked at number #1 on the US Billboard 200 chart, US Top Country Albums (Billboard) chart, and Canadian Albums (Billboard) chart.
- She brought to life the character of Becca in the 2019 American sports action drama film Trading Paint (also released as Burning Rubber).
- Alongside KJ Apa, Britt Robertson, Melissa Roxburgh, Nathan Parsons, and Gary Sinise, she co-starred as Teri Camp, Jeremy’s mother, in the 2020 American Christian romantic drama film I Still Believe.
- In January 2022, Shania showed her desire to do a duet with Harry Styles.
- During the 2022 Academy Of Country Music Honors, Shania was honored with the “Poet’s Award”.
- In September 2022, Shania released a new single titled Waking Up Dreaming.
- During the 2022 People’s Choice Awards, Shania was honored with “The Music Icon” award.
- She was diagnosed with Lyme disease in the past and later underwent 2 “open-throat” surgeries to repair her throat after it was damaged due to the disease.
- Shania had tested positive for COVID-19 in the past. In February 2023, during an interview, she revealed that she had developed COVID pneumonia during her battle with the virus and later underwent plasma therapy. Due to the plasma therapy, she recovered from the virus.
- In February 2023, she released a new album titled Queen of Me.
- In July 2023, Shania fell on stage while performing Don’t Be Stupid during a concert in Chicago. At that time, she was doing the Queen of Me Tour.
Featured Image by Katherine Brock / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0