|Apoorva Lakhia Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Hair Color||Salt and Pepper|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Apoorva Lakhia is an Indian film director, writer, and producer who has worked on a number of projects which include films and shows such as Mumbai Se Aaya Mera Dost, Lagaan, Shootout at Lokhandwala, Haseena Parkar, Ek Ajnabee, Toofan, Crackdown, Dus Kahaniyaan, Mission Istaanbul, Mum Bhai, Zanjeer, and Hide & Seek.
Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India
Apoorva Lakhia studied at The Lawrence School, Sanawar, the oldest private boarding school in the world in Himachal Pradesh. He then went out to pursue a filmmaking course at New York University but eventually dropped out in order to assist filmmaker Mira Nair on The Perez Family.
Film Director, Writer, Producer
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
80 kg or 176.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Salt and Pepper
- Sports a beard
- Wears glasses
Apoorva Lakhia Facts
- He grew up in Ahmedabad, Gujarat.
- He served as the second assistant director for the 1996 Indian historical erotic romance film Kama Sutra: A Tale of Love. The film’s lead cast included Naveen Andrews, Sarita Choudhury, Ramon Tikaram, Rekha, and Indira Varma.
- Apoorva Lakhia worked as an assistant director for Ashutosh Gowariker’s 2001 epic sports drama film Lagaan: Once Upon a Time in India, starring Aamir Khan, Gracy Singh, Rachel Shelley, and Paul Blackthorne. The film was nominated for the Academy Award for “Best Foreign Language Film”.
- He directed and co-wrote the 2007 Hindi-language action thriller film Shootout at Lokhandwala. The film is based on the 1991 Lokhandwala Complex shootout (a real-life gun battle between gangsters and the Bombay Police) and stars Sanjay Dutt, Suniel Shetty, Vivek Oberoi, Arbaaz Khan, Tusshar Kapoor, Rohit Roy, Aditya Lakhia, Shabbir Ahluwalia, and Amitabh Bachchan.
- Apoorva Lakhia directed the 2017 biographical crime film Haseena Parkar, based on the life of Dawood Ibrahim’s sister Haseena Parkar. The film stars Shraddha Kapoor in the titular role.
- He co-wrote the Hindi-language crime thriller web series Mum Bhai which was digitally released on both ZEE5 and ALT Balaji on November 12, 2020. Its lead cast consists of Angad Bedi, Sandeepa Dhar, Sikandar Kher, and Sunny Hinduja.
- Apoorva directed the spy thriller web series Crackdown and it stars Saqib Saleem in the lead role. The show premiered on Voot on September 23, 2020.
- He has also served as an assistant for American films such as The Ice Storm, A Perfect Murder, and Addicted to Love.
Featured Image by Bollywood Hungama / bollywoodhungama.com / CC BY 3.0