|Gurlej Akhtar Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 3 in|
|Date of Birth||May 11, 1987|
Gurlej Akhtar is an Indian playback singer who is best known for being a part of the family of singers. Gurlej who started her career alongside prominent Punjabi singer Sukhwinder Sukhi has now gone on to release a number of tracks such as Defaulter, 21va, Dabda Kithe aa, Don’t Worry, Jeeja Saali! With time, Gurlej has also amassed a huge fan base with more than 600k followers on Instagram.
Gurlej Akhtar (often spelled wrongly as Gurlez Akhtar)
Ludhiana, Punjab, India
According to sources, Gurlej studied at the Government Higher Secondary School in Silattur. After this, she completed her studies from the Punjabi University in Patiala.
- Mother – Rani Akhtar
- Siblings – Shehnaz Akhtar (Brother), Sahil Akhar (Brother), Dilshaad Akhtar (Brother), Jasmine Akhtar (Sister)
Punjabi, Devotional, Spiritual
Her music has been released by Speed Records, Bamb Beats, T-Series, and HSR Entertainment.
5 ft 3 in or 160 cm
68 kg or 150 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Gurlej’s name has been linked to –
- Kulwinder Kally – The couple has a son named Daanveer Singh.
Race / Ethnicity
- Dimpled cheeks
- Laughs out loudly
- Color – Black, White
- Food – Biryani, Fish
Source – PTC Punjabi
Gurlej Akhtar Facts
- She was brought up in Ludhiana, Punjab.
- Gurlej inherited her passion for singing from her father who was also a professional singer.
- Gurlej started her singing career as a duet singer with music artist Surinder Maan. She contributed her vocals to the release of his album Gulabi Lehnge Waliye on January 1, 2005.
- She has sung alongside many music artists such as Sukhwinder Sukhi, Sarabjeet, Harjit Sidhu, Iqbal Kaler, and Preet Brar.
- According to Apple Music, she released her own debut single titled Tu Milleya alongside her husband Kulwinder Kally. However, she had started singing with music artist Sukhwinder Sukhi in 2004 and contributed her vocals to various songs of his.
- In 2018, she contributed her vocals to the release of rising star Karan Aujla‘s track Don’t Worry.
- She was raised in a family of Islamic beliefs.
Featured Image By Gurlej Akhtar / Instagram