|Babyface Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||April 10, 1959|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Babyface is a multiple award-winning American singer, songwriter, record producer, record executive, and film producer who had won 11 Grammy Award until early 2020. Besides that, he also earned recognition for writing and producing music for many prominently known music artists including Ariana Grande, Bobby Brown, Paula Abdul, Eric Clapton, Whitney Houston, Bruno Mars, and Kelly Clarkson.
Kenneth Brian Edmonds
Babyface, Face, Y Corp
Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
Beverly Hills, California, United States
Babyface studied at North Central High School in Indianapolis. In 2018, Indiana University Bloomington presented him with an Honorary Doctorate degree.
Singer, Songwriter, Record Producer, Record Executive, Film Producer
- Father – Marvin Dallas Edmonds, Sr.
- Mother – Barbara Jean O’Bannon
- Siblings – Melvin Edmonds (Brother) (Singer), Kevon Edmonds (Older Brother) (Singer, Actor), He has 3 more siblings.
- Others – Ben Douglas Edwards (Paternal Grandfather), Getsy Lee Vance (Paternal Grandmother), Herbert O’Bannon (Maternal Grandfather), Lucille Hackley (Maternal Grandmother)
Babyface is represented by Full Stop Management, LLC.
R&B, New Jack Swing, Soul
Vocals, Guitar, Keyboards, Mandolin
Soda Pop Records
He has also released his music with various record labels including Chi-Sound Records, LaFace Records, Mercury Records, Motown Records, and Epic Records.
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
84 kg or 185 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Babyface’s name has been linked with –
- Lynelle Edmonds (1979-1991)
- Denise – They were married in the past.
- Tracey Edmonds (1990-2005) – Tracey Edmonds married Babyface on September 5, 1992. However, they legally parted ways in October 2005. The couple has 2 sons named Brandon Edmonds and Dylan Edmonds.
- Nicole Pantenburg – The couple got married on May 17, 2014. Also, they have a daughter named Peyton Nicole Pantenburg (b. 2008).
Race / Ethnicity
He is of African-American ancestry.
- Short afro-hairstyle
- Sports a clean shave
- His mother was a designated production manager at a pharmaceutical organization.
- He was the 5th of 6 children born to Barbara and Marvin Edmonds.
- Babyface was said to be a timid fellow during his younger days and in order to let out his emotions, he got into the habit of writing songs.
- Sadly, he lost his father Marvin who was diagnosed with lung cancer in the past. Babyface was in grade 8 at the time.
- His determination to build a career in music started after seeing his mother bringing up 6 children all by herself.
- It was a well-known singer, songwriter, and musician Bootsy Collins who gave him the name “Babyface”.
- In 2009, Babyface founded his label titled Soda Pop Records.
- On October 10, 2013, he was given the 2,508th star of the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
- His collaborative studio album titled Love, Marriage & Divorce with singer and songwriter Toni Braxton was released on February 4, 2014. In 2015, it won the Grammy Award for “Best R&B Album”.
Featured Image By Kenny Edmonds / Instagram