|Paula Abdul Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||June 19, 1962|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Paula Abdul is an American singer, songwriter, dancer, choreographer, actress, and television personality who came into prominence after choreographing music videos for Janet Jackson, becoming a much sought-after choreographer. She then went on to attain phenomenal success as a singer with a string of super hit singles that reached the number 1 position on the Billboard Hot 100 like Rush Rush (1991) as well as numerous albums including her debut Forever Your Girl (1988) that sold more than 7 million copies in the United States. Paula has also starred in several films such as Shot Through the Heart (1998) and appeared in a number of TV shows including American Idol (2002–2010, 2013/16) where she was one of the panelists. She has been conferred many awards and honors including the Grammy in 1991 for “Best Music Video – Short Form” for her song Opposites Attract (1989) and the Primetime Emmy Award in 1989 for “Outstanding Choreography” for The Tracey Ullman Show (1987).
Paula Julie Abdul
San Fernando, California, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
She went to Van Nuys High School, graduating in 1980. She studied broadcasting at the California State University in Northridge.
Singer, Songwriter, Dancer, Choreographer, Actress, Television Personality
- Father – Harry Abdul
- Mother – Lorraine M. Rykiss (Concert Pianist)
- Siblings – Wendy Abdul (Older Sister)
- Others – Janet Sheen (Ex-Mother-in-Law) (Actress, Producer)
She is represented by United Talent Agency.
R&B, Pop, Dance
- Virgin Records
- Mercury Records
- Concord Records
5 ft or 152.5 cm
49 kg or 108 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
She has dated –
- Jackie Jackson (1984, 1987-1989)
- Emilio Estevez (1991-1994) – In December 1991, she started dating actor and director Emilio. They got married on April 29, 1992. They settled for divorce on May 1, 1994.
- Brad Beckerman (1996-1997) – She tied the knot with Brad on October 24, 1996. They got divorced in 1997.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Syrian Jewish descent on her father’s side of the family and of Ukrainian Jewish and Russian Jewish descent on her mother’s side.
She often tends to dye her hair in different shades.
- Mole on her left cheek
- Thick eyebrows
- Sharp nose
She has endorsed or promoted several brands such as Forever Your Curl.
Paula Abdul Favorite Things
- Restaurant For Eating On The Go – Chipotle
- Dishes – Her mother’s latkes, Her sister’s beef brisket
- Addiction – Popcorn in any and every flavor
- Pastime – Traveling, Hiking Runyon Canyon at least once a week
- Concept Of A Perfect Day – Spending time with people face-to-face that she has considered being the most important and natural way of communication with no use of phones, computers, tablets, or video games
Paula Abdul Facts
- She has disclosed that she has always craved to live in Paris and it has been her dream to be a Parisian girl.
- She has enjoyed doing impersonations so much so that she has wondered if she was a voice-over artist in another life.
- Paula has revealed that her niece used to share her contact number with her closest friends at school that would lead her to get calls from young people she did not recognize and that when she would answer the phone, she would hear a squeal when the caller figured out it was her.
- She has not worn real fur.
- She has believed in UFOs and that there can be life beyond our universe.
Featured Image by Paula Abdul / Instagram