|Paula Abdul Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||June 19, 1962|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Paula Abdul is an American singer, songwriter, dancer, choreographer, actress, and television personality who came into prominence after choreographing music videos for Janet Jackson, becoming a much sought-after choreographer. She then went on to attain phenomenal success as a singer with a string of super hit singles that reached the number 1 position on the Billboard Hot 100 like Rush Rush (1991) as well as numerous albums including her debut Forever Your Girl (1988) that sold more than 7 million copies in the United States. Paula has also starred in several films such as Shot Through the Heart (1998) and appeared in a number of TV shows including American Idol (2002–2010, 2013/16) where she was one of the panelists. She has been conferred many awards and honors including the Grammy in 1991 for “Best Music Video – Short Form” for her song Opposites Attract (1989) and the Primetime Emmy Award in 1989 for “Outstanding Choreography” for The Tracey Ullman Show (1987).
Paula Julie Abdul
San Fernando, California, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
She went to Van Nuys High School, graduating in 1980. She studied broadcasting at the California State University in Northridge.
Singer, Songwriter, Dancer, Choreographer, Actress, Television Personality
- Father – Harry Abdul
- Mother – Lorraine M. Rykiss (Concert Pianist)
- Siblings – Wendy Abdul (Older Sister)
- Others – Janet Sheen (Ex-Mother-in-Law) (Actress, Producer)
She is represented by United Talent Agency.
R&B, Pop, Dance
- Virgin Records
- Mercury Records
- Concord Records
5 ft or 152.5 cm
49 kg or 108 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
She has dated –
- Jackie Jackson (1984, 1987-1989)
- Emilio Estevez (1991-1994) – In December 1991, she started dating actor and director Emilio. They got married on April 29, 1992. They settled for divorce on May 1, 1994.
- Brad Beckerman (1996-1997) – She tied the knot with Brad on October 24, 1996. They got divorced in 1997.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Syrian Jewish descent on her father’s side of the family and of Ukrainian Jewish and Russian Jewish descent on her mother’s side.
She often tends to dye her hair in different shades.
- Mole on her left cheek
- Thick eyebrows
- Sharp nose
She has endorsed or promoted several brands such as Forever Your Curl.
Paula Abdul’s Favorite Things
- Restaurant For Eating On The Go – Chipotle
- Dishes – Her mother’s latkes, Her sister’s beef brisket
- Addiction – Popcorn in any and every flavor
- Pastime – Traveling, Hiking Runyon Canyon at least once a week
- Concept Of A Perfect Day – Spending time with people face-to-face that she has considered the most important and natural way of communication with no use of phones, computers, tablets, or video games
Paula Abdul’s Facts
- She has disclosed that she has always craved to live in Paris and it has been her dream to be a Parisian girl.
- She has enjoyed doing impersonations so much that she has wondered if she was a voice-over artist in another life.
- Paula has revealed that her niece used to share her contact number with her closest friends at school which would lead her to get calls from young people she did not recognize and that when she would answer the phone, she would hear a squeal when the caller figured out it was her.
- She has not worn real fur.
- She has believed in UFOs and that there can be life beyond our universe.
- During the 2022 Pride Parade, Paula served as the “Icon Grand Marshall”.
- She aims for drinking at least 16 glasses of water daily.
- As a little kid, she played a musical instrument called the tuba.
- If she could she would have been watching movies daily.
- Paula is the inventor and patent filer for a jeweled microphone stand. It would help her in her choreography while performing live.
- She has more than 300 pairs of shoes.
- Swimming with dolphins is on Paula’s bucket list.
- She eats 10 to 16 ounces of raw, steamed, or juiced vegetables in her every meal.
- Paula is the one who discovered Cuba Gooding Jr when she cast him in the Bugle Boy Jeans commercial in 1988.
- Gene Kelly, choreographer Joe Tremaine, and Michael Jackson were her career mentors.
- In the past, she has struggled with an eating disorder and body dysmorphia.
- Once, she walked with two different high-top sneakers the entire day. Not even a single person noticed.
Featured Image by Paula Abdul / Instagram