|Tzi Ma Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||June 10, 1962|
Tzi Ma is a Hong Kong-American actor, producer, and voiceover artist who is known for his roles in shows and movies like The Man in the High Castle, City of Angels, Mulan, 24, Wu Assassins, Tigertail, Kung Fu, Satisfaction, Rush Hour, Rush Hour 3, Hell on Wheels, Dante’s Peak, City of Angels, The Farewell, NYPD Blue, Yellowthread Street, The Jade Pendant, Arrival, American Dad!, ER, Once Upon a Time, Star Wars Resistance, and Million Dollar Arm.
British Hong Kong
Los Angeles, California, United States
Hong Konger, American
Tzi Ma studied at JHS 49 (later known as Dreyfus Intermediate School) in Stapleton, Staten Island, New York. He then attended PS 14 in Stapleton, Staten Island, New York.
Actor, Producer, Voiceover Artist
- Siblings – He has 6 older siblings.
Tzi Ma has been signed with –
- Echelon Talent Management, Inc., Talent Agency, Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada
- Sovereign Talent Group, Talent Agency, Westwood, California, United States
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
74 kg or 163 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Tzi Ma has dated –
- Christina Ma (1994-Present) – In 1994, he got married to actress Christina Ma.
Race / Ethnicity
Salt and Pepper
Has frequently been cast in the role of an Asian father
Tzi Ma Facts
- His name is pronounced as “Tai Ma”.
- Following the Chinese Communist Revolution, Tzi Ma’s father shifted to Hong Kong in 1949 and later relocated to the United States when Ma was 5 years old following political turmoil in Hong Kong.
- He was raised in New York and his parents ran the American Chinese restaurant named Ho Wah in Staten Island.
- Tzi Ma was cast as Buffalo Bill in an elementary school production of the musical Annie Get Your Gun and that was the point when he got inclined towards acting.
- In 2016, he played the role of General Hidehisa Onoda, a leading member of the Japanese Army, in the American dystopian alternate history television series, The Man in the High Castle.
- Alongside Yifei Liu, Donnie Yen, Jason Scott Lee, Yoson An, Ron Yuan, Gong Li, and Jet Li, Tzi Ma co-starred as Hua Zhou, Mulan’s father and a famed war veteran, in the 2020 American fantasy adventure drama film, Mulan.
- He has shared a close bond with American playwright and screenwriter David Henry Hwang.
- As racism against Asian Americans was on a rise during the COVID-19 pandemic in 2020, he joined Representative Ted Lieu and Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti at the “Stand Against Racism in the Time of COVID” forum held by Asia Society.
- Tzi Ma has done voiceover work for video games like Sleeping Dogs and Sleeping Dogs: Nightmare in North Point.
Featured Image by Gordon Correll / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0