|Sidharth Malhotra Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11½ in|
|Date of Birth||January 16, 1985|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Sidharth Malhotra is an Indian actor and former model who has predominantly worked in the Hindi film industry. He started his career as a model and then made his Bollywood debut in 2012 with a leading role in Karan Johar’s coming-of-age romantic comedy-drama film, Student of the Year, in which Sidharth co-starred alongside Alia Bhatt and Varun Dhawan. For this role, he won Stardust Awards for “Most Promising Debut Male” and “Best Breakthrough Performance – Male” (shared with Varun Dhawan) and a South Africa India Film and Television Award for “Debut Actor of the Year — Male”. Since then, he has appeared in many other films including Hasee Toh Phasee, Kapoor & Sons, Jabariya Jodi, Baar Baar Dekho, A Gentleman, Ek Villain, Brothers, Ittefaq, Marjaavaan, and Aiyaary.
Sidharth attended Birla Vidya Niketan in Delhi. He attended Don Bosco School (all-boys school) until class XI. Subsequently, he moved to Naval Public School.
He graduated from Bhagat Singh College at Delhi University.
Actor, Former Model
- Father – Sunil Malhotra (Previously worked at Indian Merchant Navy; later a consultant)
- Mother – Rimma Malhotra (Homemaker)
- Siblings – He has an elder brother, who is a banker.
- Others – Punit Malhotra (Older Cousin) (Film Director), Akanksha Malhotra (Cousin)
5 ft 11½ in or 181.5 cm
81 kg or 178.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Sidharth Malhotra has dated –
- Sidharth first dated a girl when he was in XI standard. The relationship went on for three years. It came to an end when they moved apart. Sid had to go for his modeling work and she went on to a different institution for further studies. So, the distance relationship ended.
- Then, in 2011, during the filming of the movie Student of The Year, Sid dated briefly a South-African model. He was also being teased by SOTY’s lead cast Alia Bhatt and Varun Dhawan for his offshore relationship.
- Kiara Advani (2018-Present) – Sidharth first sparked dating rumors with actress Kiara Advani in 2018 when they were seen together at a party. However, Sidharth denied the rumors. Later, in January 2021, the duo was seen coming out of the Mumbai airport after their Maldives trip.
Race / Ethnicity
He is speculated to be wearing a shoe of size 10.
Sidharth appeared in commercials of Color Plus, NIIT, Pantaloons, while in college.
He has also posed for famous fashion designer Roberto Cavalli’s advertorial campaign.
Best Known For
Playing Abhimanyu Singh in the 2012 dramedy film Student of the Year
He debuted with Karan Johar‘s Student of the Year in 2012 where he played the role of Abhimanyu Singh. He was in a lead role alongside Alia Bhatt and Varun Dhawan.
All three leads debuted with this movie.
Like Varun Dhawan, he is also a fitness freak. He takes help from personal trainer Satish Narkar.
He also dances his way to fitness. But, when he does lots of dancing, Sid does not do other exercises, except 10 minutes of weight training. He keeps changing his workout schedule every four weeks.
He is a diehard non-vegetarian food fan, being a Punjabi boy. He also has a sweet tooth, so he just can’t resist eating sweets. Sid prefers home-cooked food. While on sets, he prefers to take with him homemade food.
When he craves sugar and other sweets, he tries to eat dark chocolate (which contains antioxidants), fruits (instead of fruit juices), jaggery (contains lots of iron), etc. According to Malhotra, fruits are a much better option than fruit juice as it contains more fiber and is full of nutrients, whereas juices contain more calories. He also eats steamed food. Sid keeps on changing his diet so as to avoid boredom and make his body adapt to all types of food.
During parties, he tries to avoid alcohol and does not smoke. But, in some cases, Sidharth holds a glass of wine and drinks it occasionally.
Sidharth Malhotra Favorite Things
Source – Filmfare.com
Sidharth Malhotra Facts
- As a model, Malhotra has graced the covers of magazines such as Gladrags, Men’s Health, and RedBook.
- He has also served as the assistant director to Karan Johar for the 2010 film My Name is Khan starring Shahrukh Khan.
- Student of the Year male lead Sidharth and Varun Dhawan, both served as the assistant director to Karan Johar for My Name is Khan.
- His parents are Punjabi. His mother hails from Amritsar in Punjab, while his father is from New Delhi, India.
- He is not related to Manish Malhotra, the famous Indian fashion designer.
- Sid describes himself as emotional, sensitive, introverted, and quiet. He takes the time to open up with other people.
- Malhotra is Gladrags Face Of The Year 2009.
- Sid is also the NDTV’s Model Of The Year 2010.
- He finds Katrina Kaif, Deepika Padukone, and Alia Bhatt really hot.
- When Sid first met Alia, she was 17 and he was 25. He was attracted towards her in the first meeting when she came to the Dharma Office in school uniform with her mom.
- He has a dog named Oscar.
- In 2014, he played the role of Nikhil Bharadwaj, a struggling businessman, in the Hindi-language romantic comedy-drama film, Hasee Toh Phasee, in which he co-starred alongside Parineeti Chopra. This performance won him a BIG Star Entertainment Award for “Most Entertaining Actor in a Romantic Film – Male”.
- He bagged the Filmfare Glamour And Style Award for “Emerging Face of Fashion – Male” in 2014.
- Alongside Shraddha Kapoor and Riteish Deshmukh, he co-starred as Guru Divaker, a former criminal and Aisha’s widower, in the Hindi-language romantic action thriller film, Ek Villain. His performance in the movie got him nominated for a Stardust Award for “Superstar of Tomorrow – Male”, BIG Star Entertainment Award for “Most Entertaining Actor in a Thriller Film – Male”, and Screen Award for “Best Actor – Popular Choice”.