|Riteish Deshmukh Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||December 17, 1978|
Riteish Deshmukh is an Indian actor, architect, producer, and entrepreneur who is best known for his work in Bollywood comedy films such as Masti (2004), Malamaal Weekly (2006), Heyy Babyy (2007), Dhamaal (2007), Housefull (2010), Housefull 2 (2012), Grand Masti (2013), and Total Dhamaal (2019). He had also earned wide acclaim for his work in the action-thriller film Ek Villain (2014). Other than his work in Hindi films, he has also been active in the Marathi film industry, producing the successful comedy-drama film Balak Palak (2013) and starring in the action-drama film Lai Bhaari (2014).
Riteish Vilasrao Deshmukh
Riteish D, Navra
Latur, Maharashtra, India
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Riteish had attended the G. D. Somani Memorial School in Mumbai. He had later joined the Kamla Raheja Vidyanidhi Institute for Architecture and Environmental Studies in Mumbai from where he had earned a degree in architecture. While he was working in a New York City-based architectural firm after his graduation, he had also attended the Lee Strasberg Theatre and Film Institute.
Actor, Architect, Producer, Entrepreneur
- Father – Vilasrao Deshmukh (Politician, Former Chief Minister of Maharashtra, Former Union Cabinet Minister of Science and Technology) (d. August 2012)
- Mother – Vaishali Deshmukh
- Siblings – Amit Deshmukh (Older Brother) (Politician, Member of the Maharashtra Legislative Assembly), Dhiraj Deshmukh (Younger Brother) (Politician)
- Others – Dagdoji Venkatrao Deshmukh (Paternal Grandfather), Sushila Devi (Paternal Grandmother), Nalini Deshmukh (Paternal Aunt), Vijaya Deshmukh (Paternal Aunt), Diliprao Deshmukh (Paternal Uncle), Aditi Pratap (Sister-in-Law) (Actress), Deepshika ‘Honey’ Bhagnani (Sister-in-Law) (Film Producer), Vansh Dheeraj Deshmukh (Nephew), Gauravi Deshmukh (Cousin), Jeanette D’Souza (Mother-in-Law) (Former Managing Director at a Multi-National Pharmaceutical Organization), Neil D’Souza (Father-in-Law) (Senior Business Consultant), Nigel D’Souza (Brother-in-Law) (Former Employee at the Bombay Stock Exchange, Business News TV Anchor)
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
75 kg or 165.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Riteish has dated –
- Genelia D’Souza (2003-Present) – Riteish had started dating actress and model Genelia D’Souza in 2003, the year that the romantic drama film Tujhe Meri Kasam was released. It was the debut feature film for both of them and they had played the lead roles opposite each other. They eventually got married on February 3, 2012, and have 2 sons together named Riaan Deshmukh (b. November 25, 2014) and Rahyl Deshmukh (b. June 1, 2016).
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Maharashtrian descent.
- Cheeky sense of humor
- Cheerful smile
Streax Shampoo Hair Color
Riteish Deshmukh Facts
- After he had graduated with a degree in architecture, Riteish had worked at a New York-based firm for about a year. Upon his return to India and before he had taken a plunge in the world of show business, he had continued working on architectural design.
- Despite his busy acting career, he has maintained a connection with his first passion and is a part-owner of Evolutions, an architectural and interior designing firm.
- In 2013, he and his younger brother Dhiraj had launched a cricket team called Veer Marathi to participate in the Celebrity Cricket League (CCL), a popular Indian amateur cricket tournament. Riteish had served as the mentor and captain of the team.
- The same year, he founded a production house called Mumbai Film Company.
- In December 2022, Riteish apologized after a journalist claimed that he was misbehaved by Riteish’s PR team and was thrown out of the hotel by his bouncer in Maharashtra’s Kolhapur. Riteish further clarified that he was there for a temple visit and was not looking to talk about his movies. At that time, his directorial-debut Ved (2022) was about to release.
Featured Image by Riteish Deshmukh / Instagram