|Brendan Cowell Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||August 16, 1976|
Brendan Cowell is an Australian actor, stage artist, voice actor, playwright, and director who has been cast in a variety of shows such as Game of Thrones, Press, Life Support, Black Comedy, Young Lions, White Collar Blue, Fat Cow Motel, Water Rats, Salem’s Lot, Love My Way, Howzat! Kerry Packer’s War, Broke, Rush, The End, The Borgias, The Slap, Wastelander Panda, Brock, The Letdown, and Soul Mates. Additionally, the actor has also been a part of movies like The Current War, Bored Olives, Kick, The Monkey’s Mask, Save Your Legs!, To End All Wars, Suburban Mayhem, Three Blind Mice, Noise, Deck Dogz, Beneath Hill 60, I Love You Too, Underbelly Files: The Man Who Got Away, Ten Empty, The Outlaw Michael Howe, and Last Cab to Darwin.
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Brendan Cowell enrolled at Charles Sturt University located in New South Wales and pursued a Bachelor of Arts degree in Theatre/Media.
Actor, Stage Artist, Voice Actor, Playwright, Director
- Father – Bruce
- Mother – Yvonne
- Siblings – He has older sisters.
Brendan Cowell has been signed with –
- Hamilton Hodell, Talent Agency, London, England, United Kingdom
- United Management, Talent Management Company, Surry Hills, New South Wales, Australia
6 ft or 183 cm
80 kg or 176.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Brendan Cowell has dated –
- Rose Byrne (2003-2010) – In the year 2003, he started going out with actor Rose Byrne and they dated for almost 7 years before calling it quits in 2010. It was reported that they amicably parted ways due to their’s being a long-distance relationship.
Race / Ethnicity
Salt and Pepper
Brendan Cowell Facts
- Brendan uses he/him pronouns.
- He spent his childhood years growing up in the beachside suburb of Cronulla.
- He has credited his mother and high school drama teacher with encouraging him to explore his creative passions.
- From 2004 to 2007, Brendan Cowell co-starred as Tom Jackson in the television drama series Love My Way and this role got him nominated for Logie Award in the “Silver Logie for Most Outstanding Actor” category in both 2005 and 2006.
- He was cast as Graham McGahan in the 2007 drama-thriller film Noise and this earned him an award for “Best Actor” from the Film Critics Circle of Australia.
- Brendan Cowell portrayed the character of Oliver Woodward (an Australian metallurgist, mine manager, and soldier noted for his tunneling activities at the Ypres Salient during the First World War) in the 2010 war film Beneath Hill 60. For this performance, he was nominated for an AFI Award for “Best Lead Actor”.
- His debut novel titled How it Feels was published in 2010.
- He portrayed Allan Moffat (a Canadian-Australian racing driver) in the 2-part drama miniseries Brock in 2016.
- In 2017, Brendan Cowell was cast as Confederate Soldier in the historical drama film The Current War. It stars Benedict Cumberbatch, Michael Shannon, Katherine Waterston, Tom Holland, Tuppence Middleton, Matthew Macfadyen, and Nicholas Hoult.
- As a theatre artist, Brendan Cowell has been a part of productions like The Shape of Things, Hamlet, Once in Royal David’s City, The Wild Duck, Life of Galileo, and Miss Julie.
- His writing credits include projects such as Running Down These Dreams, Wasted on the Young, The Outlaw Michael Howe, How It Feels, Ruben Guthrie, Baggage Claim, I Love U, Sweet Dreams, and The Doppelgangers.
Featured Image by Eva Rinaldi / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0