|Michael Shannon Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 3¼ in|
|Date of Birth||August 7, 1974|
Michael Shannon is an American actor, producer, director, theatre artist, and musician who has gained wide critical acclaim with his roles as John Givings, Jr. in Revolutionary Road and Det. Bobby Andes in Nocturnal Animals, both of which got him nominated for the Academy Award for “Best Supporting Actor”. He is also known for his roles in Take Shelter, 99 Homes, The Shape of Water, Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call New Orleans, Premium Rush, Bad Boys II, Pearl Harbor, Man of Steel, Before the Devil Knows You’re Dead, The Iceman, Boardwalk Empire, Knives Out, Bug, Mud, Loving, The Current War, Fahrenheit 451, The Little Drummer Girl, World Trade Center, and Vanilla Sky.
Michael Corbett Shannon
Lexington, Kentucky, United States
Red Hook, Brooklyn, New York City, New York, United States
He studied at New Trier Township High School in Winnetka, Illinois for 2 years. After that, he shifted back to Kentucky for his junior year and then back to Chicago for his senior year, attending Evanston Township High School for a semester and he later dropped out.
Actor, Producer, Director, Theatre Artist, Musician
- Father – Donald Sutherlin Shannon (Accounting professor at DePaul University)
- Mother – Geraldine Hine (Lawyer)
- Siblings – Dave Shannon (Brother), Rebecca Shannon (Sister)
- Others – Raymond Corbett Shannon (Paternal Grandfather) (Entomologist who specialized in Diptera and medical entomology.), Elnora M. “Nora” Pettit Sutherlin (Paternal Grandmother), George Henry Hine (Maternal Grandfather), Lillian K./Elizabeth Anna Gieswein (Maternal Grandmother)
Michael Shannon has been signed with Byron Wetzel Management, Talent Management Company, New York City, New York, United States.
6 ft 3¼ in or 191 cm
80 kg or 176.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Michael Shannon has dated –
- Kate Arrington (2018-Present) – He got married to actress Kate Arrington in the year 2018 and the duo has been blessed with 2 daughters, namely, Sylvia and Marion.
Race / Ethnicity
Michael Shannon is of German, English, Irish, and Scottish descent.
- Imposing physique
- Towering height
- Square jaw and bright eyes
- Often plays crazed characters
- Deep voice
Michael Shannon Favorite Things
- Films – Alphaville (1965), The King of Comedy (1982), Dekalog (1989), Crumb (1994), I Stand Alone (1998)
- One Of His Favorite Shows – Dr. Katz, Professional Therapist
Source – IMDb
Michael Shannon Facts
- His parents eventually divorced and he spent his childhood years growing up in both Lexington, Kentucky, and Chicago, Illinois.
- In 1993, Shannon made his first theatrical film appearance by playing the role of Fred in the fantasy comedy film, Groundhog Day, starring Bill Murray, Andie MacDowell, and Chris Elliott.
- He appeared as Curtis LaForche in the 2011 psychological thriller drama horror film, Take Shelter, and this performance won him a Saturn Award for “Best Actor”.
- He co-starred as Richard Strickland, a United States Colonel in charge of the project to study the “asset”, in the 2017 romantic fantasy film, The Shape of Water. This role got him nominated for a Satellite Award for “Best Supporting Actor”.
- Michael Shannon’s theatre credits include playing Mikhail Lvovich Astrov in Uncle Vanya, Johnny in Frankie and Johnny in the Clair de Lune, Chris Smith in Killer Joe, Danny in The Little Flower of East Orange, and James Tyrone Jr. in Long Day’s Journey into Night.
- He became the first non-British actor to play the role of General Zod.
Featured Image by Nicogenin / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0