|Michael Sheen Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||February 5, 1969|
Michael Sheen is a Welsh actor who is popularly known for his stage appearances in Romeo and Juliet, The Seagull, The Homecoming, and Henry V. He is multi-talented and versatile in the field of acting, producing, directing, and has also appeared in many feature films including The Deal, The Queen, The Twilight Saga: New Moon, and The Special Relationship. Apart from various nominations, he has also won numerous awards including Critics’ Circle Theatre Award for Best Actor (2003) and BAFTA Britannia Award for British Artist of the Year (2010). Michael is active on social media with more than 50k followers on Facebook and over 500k followers on Twitter.
Michael Christopher Sheen
Newport, Monmouthshire, Wales, United Kingdom
Los Angeles, California, United States
He studied at Blaenbaglan Primary School and then moved to Glan Afan Comprehensive School in Port Talbot, Wales. Later, he went to Neath Port Talbot College and studied Drama, English, and Sociology.
Michael later attended London’s Royal Academy of Dramatic Art (RADA) to hone his acting skills and graduated in 1991 with a BA in Acting.
Actor, Political Activist
- Father – Meyrick Sheen (British Steel Corporation Manager)
- Mother – Irene Sheen (Secretary)
- Siblings – Joanne (Younger Sister)
- Others – Charles Thomas Sheen (Paternal Grandfather), Jennett M. Davies (Paternal Grandmother)
Michael is represented by –
- Roxane Vacca Management
- Sanders Armstrong Caserta Management
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
72 kg or 158.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Michael has dated –
- Kate Beckinsale (1995–2003) – English actress Kate Beckinsale met Michael Sheen while they were cast in The Seagull touring production in early 1995. They started dating each other soon after and the couple welcomed their first child, a daughter named Lily Mo Beckinsale-Sheen in 1999 in London, England. Despite sharing a lot with Kate, Sheen never proposed to her which really “embarrassed” Kate. They separated in January 2003 on cordial terms and share a strong friendship.
- Lorraine Stewart (2004-2010) – Lorraine is a British ballet dancer who shared a long-term relationship with Sheen. They started going out in 2004 but eventually separated in 2010.
- Rachel McAdams (2010-2013) – Canadian actress Rachel McAdams and Michael Sheen met while filming for Woody Allen‘s Midnight in Paris and started dating in September 2010. But, they had to part ways for both were planning for 2 different futures which collided with each other.
- Caitlin FitzGerald (2013) – Caitlin FitzGerald dated her Master of Sex co-star Michael Sheen in 2013. They had a short-lived relationship and were also spotted sharing a kiss during one of their day outs.
- Carrie Keagan (2013-2014) – Sheen started dating American TV personality Carrie Keagan in 2013. But, they were together only for a short period of time and wrapped things up in the following year.
- Sarah Silverman (2014–2017) – The romance between Sheen and stand-up comedian Sarah Silverman was first reported in 2014. They were happily together for a couple of years until Sheen decided to move back to the United Kingdom. Sarah has said that their relationship felt like an on-again-off-again one because of the distance. So, they decided to call it quits during the latter part of 2017 around Christmas.
- Aisling Bea (2018-Present) – Aisling is an Irish actress and comedian who started dating Sheen in 2018. They have been spotted together on many occasions and were also seen attending the Olivier Awards (2018) together in London.
Race / Ethnicity
He has Welsh, along with some parts of English and Irish ancestry.
Dark Brown (Natural)
He has dyed his hair ‘blonde’ as well.
Blue with a hint of yellow
- Curly hair
- Wide smile
Michael Sheen has served as a brand ambassador for –
- TREAT Trust Wales
- Into Film
- Keep Wales Tidy (Environmental Charity)
- Dylan Thomas Prize
- UNICEF UK
Sheen has also served as a spokesperson for the UNICEF UK charity named “For Every Child in Danger”.
In his own words,
“If you can define what God is, I can tell you whether I believe in it.”
Best Known For
- Being cast as Tony Blair in the drama film The Deal, The Queen, and The Special Relationship
- His theatrical appearances in the plays like Romeo and Juliet (1992), The Seagull (1995), and Henry V (1997)
- Portraying the character of Aro in the Twilight film series
- His significant role in the Showtime drama Masters of Sex for which he was nominated for a Golden Globe award in 2013
In 1995, Michael made his theatrical film debut as Lodovico in the romantic drama film Othello.
First TV Show
He made his first TV show appearance as Joe in the mini-series Mystery!: Gallowglass in 1993.
Michael Sheen Favorite Things
- Movie – A Matter of Life and Death (1946)
- Celebrity – Jeff Bridges
- Sports – Football
Source – IMDb
Michael Sheen Facts
- His father is a Jack Nicholson lookalike.
- During his early years of financial struggling, Sheen worked in a Welsh fast food restaurant called Burger Master to live off the earnings.
- Michael began his professional career in 1991 after he got a part in When She Danced at the Globe Theatre.
- He is a social activist as well as the president of Wales Council for Voluntary Action. He also contributes to various British charities including Scene & Heard, NSPCC’s Child’s Voice Appeal, and Healing the Wounds.
- Michael got nominated for the first time in 1992 for M.E.N. Theatre Award for Best Actor for his role in Romeo and Juliet.
- Michael is also known for his significant radio play appearances including Strangers on a Train (1994), The Importance of Being Earnest (1995), Romeo and Juliet (1997), and The Ocean at the End of the Lane (2013).
- He is a fan of animation and animated movies.
- He loves to be around the dogs.
- For his services to drama, Michael was rewarded with the Officer of the Order of the British Empire (OBE) in 2009. However, in 2020, he revealed that he had returned this prestigious award.
- Michael is an Honorary Fellow of Aberystwyth University, Royal Welsh College of Music & Drama, Swansea University, University of Wales, Newport, and even others.
- Sheen has also been awarded the James Joyce Award by University College Dublin.
Featured Image by BIFA / Wikimedia / Public Domain