|Karl Glusman Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||January 3, 1988|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
Karl Glusman is an American actor who rose to fame as Murphy in the 2015 drama, romance film Love. Glusman has been a part of several popular TV series and short films. He is known to play Lou in the 2016 crime, drama film Nocturnal Animals and Dean in the 2016 horror thriller The Neon Demon. He has a huge social media fan base with more than 100k followers on Instagram.
The Bronx, New York City, New York, United States
Karl went to Lake Oswego High School before attending Portland State University. However, he dropped out of the university after a year. Glusman got enrolled at William Esper Studio in New York after dropping out of the university.
- Father – Steven Glusman
- Mother – Elaine
- Siblings – Liz Glusman (Younger Sister)
- Others – Murray Glusman (Paternal Grandfather), Louise J. Coleman (Paternal Grandmother), Harold W. Burke (Maternal Grandfather), Anna Marie Johnson (Maternal Grandmother)
Karl Glusman is represented by William Morris Endeavor Entertainment.
6 ft 2 in or 188 cm
82 kg or 181 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Karl Glusman has dated –
- Klara Kristin (2014-2015) – Karl and actress Klara met on the sets of the film Love in 2014. The relationship came to an end in the year 2015.
- Aomi Muyock (2015) – Karl had an encounter with Swiss actress Aomi Muyock in 2015.
- Zoë Kravitz (2016-2021) – Zoë and Glusman started dating in 2016 and in October 2018, the couple got engaged and announced their engagement in an interview. They later got married in Paris on June 29, 2019. However, on January 2, 2021, it was announced that the couple had separated and Zoë had filed for divorce from Glusman.
Race / Ethnicity
Karl has Ashkenazi Jewish, Irish, Swedish, and German ancestry.
Mole on the left cheek and neck
Karl has appeared in a TV commercial for Adidas.
Best Known For
- Playing the lead role of Murphy in the 2015 controversial drama Love
- Enacting Lou in the 2016 film Nocturnal Animals
Karl made his feature film debut in the movie The Iconographer in 2008.
First TV Show
Glusman made his TV show debut on the documentary series Le grand journal de Canal+ in 2015.
As a voice actor, he made his TV show debut by lending his voice to the character of Yoming in the English version of the animated mini-series No. 6 in 2011.
His workout routine and fitness training include cardio and strengthening exercises.
Karl Glusman Facts
- He relocated with his family to Oregon when he was 6 months old and was raised in Portland area.
- He planned to become a businessman but eventually stepped into acting.
- During his days in college, Glusman was a member of Portland Actors Conservatory and was the part of various acting courses.
- Karl went to Paris after a breakup and met Argentine-French film director Gaspar Noé who cast him in his 2015 controversial film Love which was a substantial turning point of Glusman’s career.
- Karl is inspired by Stella Adler and Sanford Meisner.
- Follow him on Instagram.
Featured Image by Karl Glusman / Instagram