|Divyenndu Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||June 19, 1983|
Divyenndu is an Indian actor and theatre artist who is known for many of his on-screen roles in shows and movies which include Nishant Agarwal aka Liquid in Pyar Ka Punchnama, Narayan Sharma in Toilet: Ek Prem Katha, Phoolchand “Munna” Tripathi in Mirzapur, Sundar Mohan Tripathi in Batti Gul Meter Chalu, Subhash Joshi in Ekkees Toppon Ki Salaami, Omkar “Omi” Sharma in Chashme Baddoor, and Vijay in Kanpuriye.
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Divyenndu got enrolled at Delhi University‘s Kirori Mal College and graduated with a degree in Political Science. He later attended the Film and Television Institute of India (FTII), Pune to pursue a 2-year diploma in Acting.
Actor, Theatre Artist
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
65 kg or 143.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Divyenndu has dated –
- Akanksha Sharma – He is married to Akanksha Sharma.
Race / Ethnicity
Divyenndu is of Indian descent.
- Often wears glasses
- Sports a stubble
Divyenndu has been a part of a number of advertisements for brands such as Virgin Mobile, Birla Sun Life, and Fidelity Mutual Funds.
- He started doing theatre in Delhi even before he attended the Film and Television Institute of India.
- Divyenndu had a minor role in the 2007 Hindi-language dance film, Aaja Nachle, starring Madhuri Dixit, Konkona Sen Sharma, and Akshaye Khanna.
- Alongside Kartik Aaryan, Raayo S. Bakhirta, and Nushrat Bharucha, he co-starred as Nishant “Liquid” Agarwal in the 2011 Hindi romantic comedy film, Pyaar Ka Punchnama. His performance in the movie won him the Screen Award for “Most Promising Newcomer – Male” as well as the Zee Cine Award for “Best Actor in a Comic Role”.
- He was cast as Omkar “Omi” Sharma, one of the 3 friends living in a rented apartment in Goa, in the 2013 Hindi language slapstick comedy film, Chashme Baddoor.
- In 2018, Divyenndu started appearing as Phoolchand “Munna” Tripathi, Kaleen Bhaiya’s son from his first wife and Satyanand’s one and only grandson, in the crime thriller web television series, Mirzapur, in which he has co-starred alongside Pankaj Tripathi, Ali Fazal, Vikrant Massey, Shweta Tripathi, Shriya Pilgaonkar, Rasika Dugal, Harshita Gaur, and Kulbhushan Kharbanda.
- It was in the year 2019 that he dropped his surname citing numerology as one of the reasons along with a belief that in a country like India, it’s important to remove the many caste divisions. However, Divyenndu uses his full name in his official documents.
Featured Image by Divyendu Sharma / Instagram