|Ali Fazal Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||October 15, 1986|
Ali Fazal is an Indian actor who has appeared in both, Bollywood and Hollywood films. He made his Bollywood (Hindi film) debut with the 2008 film The Other End of the Line. In 2015, he appeared in his first Hollywood (English language) film, Furious 7 in a special appearance. Ali is known to many people for his Fukrey film series.
Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh, India
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Ali completed his schooling from The Doon School in Dehradun and his college education from La Martiniere College in Lucknow. He initially took up engineering, however, decided to change his majors to economics. He graduated in economics from St. Xavier’s College after shifting to Mumbai.
- Father – worked in the Middle East with an oil company
- Mother – was a painter
- Siblings – None
Julian Belfrage Associates manages Ali Fazal.
5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm
73 kg or 161 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Ali has dated –
- Richa Chadda (2016-Present) – Ali met actress Richa Chadha during the filming of the 2013 comedy movie Fukrey. The two became friends, and their friendship slowly blossomed into love. The two decided to keep their relationship under wraps for over a year till Ali decided to reveal their relationship on his Instagram. The two are regularly seen attending events and are all over social media. The two revealed that they are taking their relationship slowly and will eventually think of marriage in the future.
Race / Ethnicity
- Chiseled face
- Usually sports a stubble
Ali Fazal has endorsed the following brands –
- Cancerthon organized by NDTV and Fortis
- RuPay Debit Card
- Tata Nano
- Cadbury Dairy Milk
Best Known For
His versatile acting skills and for being one of the few Indian actors to carve a name for himself in Hollywood and British cinema.
Ali made his theatrical film debut in the romantic comedy The Other End of the Line as Vij (Special appearance) in 2008.
First TV Show
Ali made his television show debut on the television miniseries Bollywood Hero in 2009 in the role of Monty Kapoor in 3 episodes.
Ali Fazal is well-known for maintaining his well-sculpted body but is always ready to transform his body if needed for a role in the movies.
For preparing himself to play a role in the web series Mirzapur, Ali trained under Rakesh Udiyar who has also helped Aamir Khan to achieve his fitness goals for Dangal. He underwent CrossFit training to ensure that his heart rate was constantly up along with a 5-kilometer run which helped him drop 12 kgs of weight and maintain a lean physique.
In general, Ali also CrossFit style training, Shiva fitness, and boxing.
Ali believes in balancing his diet and workout and is a follower of the Keto diet. He ensures that he follows a strict diet and has restricted eating junk food despite him being a food lover.
Ali Fazal Favorite Things
- Restaurant – Tunday Kebabi
- Food – Galawati kebab, Indian butter chicken and naan, Rajma
- Television Series – Friends (1994-2004)
- Bands – Backstreet Boys, Linkin Park
- Pizza Toppings – Basil, Mushrooms, and cheese
- Comedy Movie – Wag the Dog
- Curse Word – F***king idiot
- Emoji – Spikes with the teeth coming out, Mango
- Holiday Destination – Turkey
- Quote – Find what you love and let it kill you (By Charles Bukowski)
Source – Bon Appetit, BuzzFeed, Man’s World India
Ali Fazal Facts
- He was brought up in a middle-class family and comes from humble roots.
- He grew up with his maternal grandparents.
- His parents separated on his insistence when Ali was 18.
- When he was young, he wanted to become a basketball player and represent India. His dream was brought to an abrupt halt when Ali fractured his arm and hence had to discontinue playing.
- He is afraid of water and has hydrophobia.
- He revealed that he does not know swimming.
- Ali’s first online screen name was ‘teenagedirtbag’.
- He dislikes people who lie. Ali believes in being transparent and not keeping secrets.
- He scored 70% in his 12th standard board exams.
- Ali’s parents initially wanted him to become an engineer or a doctor.
- Follow Ali Fazal on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.
Featured Image by Bollywood Hungama / BollywoodHungama.com / CC BY 3.0