New Delhi, India
Richa completed her schooling from Sardar Patel Vidyalaya in New Delhi. Post that, she attended St. Stephen’s College, Delhi to get a bachelor’s degree in History. Finally, she enrolled herself into Sophia College, Mumbai to get a PG Diploma in Social Communication Media.
Former model, now film, and theater actress
- Father – is of Hindu-Punjabi descent. He owns a management firm.
- Mother – is from Bihar. She is a renowned professor at Delhi University. She has written two books and also works with Gandhi Smriti (a museum dedicated to Mahatma Gandhi situated in New Delhi).
- Siblings – Unknown
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
59 kg or 130 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Richa dated –
- Sushant Singh Rajput – Kai Po Che fame, Sushant Singh Rajput had RUMORED to be dated in the past. The duo started dating when they both were struggling in the film industry. They could be seen hanging out together. But, thing changed when Richa signed a film, Gangs of Wasseypur in 2012. The couple called it quits.
- Nikhil Dwivedi – Her 2013 film Tamanchey co-star, Nikhil Dwivedi was RUMORED to be dating her.
She says that currently she is single and not dating anyone. But, looking for one.
Race / Ethnicity
34-26-35 in or 87-66-89 cm
She may be wearing a shoe of size 7.
She has done advertisements and been endorsed for Tata Sky, Cadbury Dairy Milk Chocolate, Archies Gallery, Minute Maid.
Best Known For
Working in films like Gangs of Wasseypur (2012), Fukrey (2013). The movie won the National Award for ‘Popular Category Best Film’.
2008 Hindi film, Oye Lucky! Lucky Oye! She played the role as Dolly, who is a jealous sister of the lead heroine, Neetu Chandra.
First TV Show
She has done no television series as of yet.
She must be doing some workout in the form of gym exercises or others to attain fitness.
Richa Chadda Favorite Things
Richa Chadda Facts
- She was born in Amritsar and brought up in Delhi, India.
- Richa commenced her career as a model and later turned to theater. She performed in various plays in India as well as Pakistan. To polish her acting skills, she decided to do training under the guidance of Barry John (British born, Indian theatre director and teacher).
- Chadda has worked as a director and writer for a 2006 documentary movie, Rooted In Hope. The movie is a 20 minute, with an approximate budget of INR 10,000, released on June 15, 2006.
- She won the “Filmfare Critics Award for Best Actress” for her role in 2012 movie, Gangs of Wasseypur.
- According to an interview given to a Glamsham, she revealed that she used to work as a writer for some magazine before coming into movies. She herself took the interview of Abhay Deol. Then, she was in his movie – Oye Lucky! Lucky Oye!
- She says that she easily trusts anyone and so, gets cheated often.
- Her family didn’t support her decision of becoming an actress.
- Catch her updates on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook.