|Richa Chadha Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||December 28, 1988|
Richa Chadha is an Indian actress who is best known for portraying roles such as Bholi Punjaban in Fukrey, Nagma Khatoon in Gangs of Wasseypur – Part 1 and Part 2, and Paro in Daas Dev. She has also appeared in a variety of other films such as Oye Lucky! Lucky Oye!, Goliyon Ki Rasleela Ram-Leela, Masaan, Sarbjit, Love Sonia, Section 375:Marzi Ya Jabardasti, Ghoomketu, and Lahore Confidential. For her acting skills, Richa has been honored with several awards such as Filmfare Awards, Screen Awards, Stardust Awards, and many more. She has endorsed popular brands like Minute Maid, Tata Sky, Archies Gallery, Cadbury Dairy Milk Chocolate, and many more.
New Delhi, India
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Richa completed her schooling at Sardar Patel Vidyalaya in New Delhi. Post that, she attended St. Stephen’s College, Delhi to get a bachelor’s degree in History. Finally, she enrolled herself into Sophia College, Mumbai to get a PG Diploma in Social Communication Media.
Former model, now film, and theater actress
- Father – is of Hindu-Punjabi descent. He owns a management firm.
- Mother – Dr. Kusum Lata Chadda (She is from Bihar. She is a renowned professor at Delhi University. She has written two books and also works with Gandhi Smriti (a museum dedicated to Mahatma Gandhi situated in New Delhi).
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
59 kg or 130 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Richa dated –
- Sushant Singh Rajput – Kai Po Che fame, Sushant Singh Rajput and Richa were RUMORed to be dating in the past. The duo started dating when they both were struggling in the film industry. They could be seen hanging out together. But, things changed when Richa signed a film, Gangs of Wasseypur in 2012. The couple then called it quits.
- Nikhil Dwivedi – Her 2013 film Tamanchey co-star, Nikhil Dwivedi was RUMORED to be dating her.
- Ali Fazal (2015-Present) – In the latter half of 2017, the dating news of actors Ali Fazal and Richa were doing the rounds on tabloids. They started dating in early 2017 after meeting on the set of Fukrey 2. The couple made their relationship public via an Instagram post in April 2018. In September 2022, Ali and Richa sent wedding invitations (matchbox styled) to all the invitees according to which they were set to get married in October 2022. They tied the knot in October 2022. The couple later revealed that they had been legally married since 2020.
Race / Ethnicity
34-26-35 in or 87-66-89 cm
She may be wearing a shoe of size 7 (US).
She has done advertisements and endorsed Tata Sky, Cadbury Dairy Milk Chocolate, Archies Gallery, Minute Maid, Virgin Mobile, etc.
Best Known For
Working in films like Gangs of Wasseypur (2012), Fukrey (2013). The movie won the National Award for ‘Popular Category Best Film’.
2008 Hindi film, Oye Lucky! Lucky Oye! She played the role as Dolly, who is a jealous sister of the lead heroine, Neetu Chandra.
Richa Chadha Facts
- She was born in Amritsar and brought up in Delhi, India.
- Richa commenced her career as a model and later turned to theater. She performed in various plays in India as well as Pakistan. To polish her acting skills, she decided to do training under the guidance of Barry John (British-born, Indian theatre director and teacher).
- Chadha has worked as a director and writer for a 2006 documentary movie, Rooted In Hope. The movie is a 20 minute, with an approximate budget of INR 10,000, released on June 15, 2006.
- She won the “Filmfare Critics Award for Best Actress” for her role in the 2012 movie, Gangs of Wasseypur.
- According to an interview given to Glamsham, she revealed that she used to work as a writer for some magazine before coming into movies. She herself took the interview of Abhay Deol. Then, she was in his movie – Oye Lucky! Lucky Oye!
- She says that she easily trusts anyone and so, gets cheated often.
- Her family didn’t support her decision of becoming an actress.
- In February 2022, she revealed that she had lost 15 kg of body weight in 3 months.
- In 2021, along with Ali Fazal, she started her own production company titled Pushing Buttons Studios.
- B. R. Ambedkar is her icon.
- Richa was paid INR 2,00,000 for the Gangs of Wasseypur film as revealed by the film’s director Anurag Kashyap in August 2022.
- In November 2022, Richa had to face criticism after she tweeted about the Indian Army. She had tweeted “Galwan says hi”, to which she had to apologize later.