|Shweta Tripathi Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||July 6, 1985|
Shweta Tripathi is an Indian actress and a former production assistant and associate director whose career escalated as she started appearing in a variety of on-screen roles. Over the years, she has given a number of critically acclaimed performances in shows and movies such as Shaalu Gupta in Masaan, Gajgamini “Golu” Gupta in Mirzapur, Karuna Singh in Raat Akeli Hai, Sandhya in Haraamkhor, and Yuvishka Shekhar in Cargo.
New Delhi, India
Shweta Tripathi studied at Delhi Public School, RK Puram and then attended the National Institute of Fashion Technology from where she graduated with a degree in Fashion Communication.
Actress, Former Production Assistant, Former Associate Director
- Father – He has worked for the Indian Administrative Service.
- Mother – She has been a teacher.
- Sibling – Pooja (Older Sister)
5 ft or 152.5 cm
50 kg or 110 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Shweta Tripathi has dated –
- Chaitanya Sharma – After dating for around 5 years, she got married to actor and rapper Chaitanya Sharma on June 29, 2018.
Race / Ethnicity
Shweta Tripathi is of Indian descent.
- Short stature
- Bubbly personality
Through social media, Shweta Tripathi has either endorsed or promoted brands like Cadbury Dairy Milk Silk, Weikfield, Black Dog Scotch Whisky, mCaffeine, and OPPO India.
She has also done endorsement work for brands like Tata Sky, McDonald’s, Vodafone, Tanishq, and Tata Tea.
Shweta Tripathi Facts
- While growing up, her family moved a lot of places due to her father’s job and she was raised in places like Andaman and Nicobar Islands and Mumbai, Maharashtra.
- She has revealed that it was her time living in Andaman that she cherishes as one of the happiest phases of her life and has stated, “That’s when I discovered how much I like traveling and being outdoors. Every weekend used to be a picnic on a new island, and it was an enriching experience”.
- In 2011, Shweta Tripathi made her first film appearance as Shweta in the drama film, Trishna, starring Freida Pinto and Riz Ahmed.
- She co-starred alongside Richa Chadda, Vicky Kaushal, and Sanjay Mishra in the 2015 drama film, Masaan, which was screened in the Un Certain Regard section at the 2015 Cannes Film Festival. Shweta was cast as Shaalu Gupta, a high caste Hindu girl, and her performance won her the Zee Cine Awards for “Best Actress In A Supporting Role”.
- She shares a close bond with actress, comedienne, and writer, Mallika Dua.
Featured Image by Bollywood Hungama / bollywoodhungama.com / CC BY 3.0