|Darshan Thoogudeepa Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 3 in|
|Date of Birth||February 16, 1977|
Darshan Thoogudeepa is an Indian actor, film producer, and distributor who has predominantly worked in films made in the Kannada language. He is best known for his work in films such as Majestic (2002), Kariya (2003), Namma Preethiya Ramu (2003), Kalasipalya (2005), Anatharu (2007), Gaja (2008), Navagraha (2008), Saarathi (2011), Krantiveera Sangolli Rayanna (2012), Bulbul (2013), Yajamana (2019) and Roberrt (2021). He is one of the leading actors of his generation in Kannada cinema and has also dabbled in production, with the launch of Thoogudeepa Productions in 2006. The first film under this production house was Jothe Jotheyali (2006) and it was a big commercial hit, running for 150 days in theatres. In 2013, his family established a distribution company called Thoogudeepa Distributors.
Darshan Thoogudeepa, D Boss, Boss Of Sandalwood
Ponnampet, Kodagu, Karnataka, India
Bengaluru, Bayaluseemé, Karnataka, India
Darshan had completed his primary and secondary schooling in Mysuru, Karnataka.
Actor, Film Producer, Distributor
- Father – Thoogudeepa Srinivas (b. Mysore Srinivas) (Actor) (d. October 1995)
- Mother – Meena Thoogudeepa
- Siblings – Divya Thoogudeepa (Sister), Dinakar Thoogudeepa (Younger Brother) (Film Director)
- Others – Muniswami (Paternal Grandfather), Parvathamma (Paternal Grandmother). He has 7 paternal uncles/aunts.
Darshan Thoogudeepa’s net worth had been $12 million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
6 ft 3 in or 190.5 cm
82 kg or 181 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Darshan has dated –
- Vijayalakshmi Darshan (2003-Present) – Darshan got married to a distant relative named Vijayalakshmi in 2003 in a ceremony held at the Sri Kshetra Dharmasthala Manjunatha Swamy Temple in Dharmasthala, Belthangady, Dakshina Kannada, Karnataka. Vijayalakshmi was a chemical engineering student at the time of their marriage. They have a son together named Vineesh Thoogudeep.
Race / Ethnicity
- Toned physique
- Short-cropped, side-parted, hair
- Affable smile
- Sports a mustache
Darshan Thoogudeepa Facts
- The story of how Thoogudeepa got attached to his family name is quite interesting. His father, a reputed actor, was born Mysore Srinivas. Mysore had acted in a 1966 Kannada film titled Thoogudeepa. It became so popular that fans began referring to Mysore as Thoogudeepa. The name stuck and he even passed it on to all his children.
- Interestingly, Mysore was not very happy with the idea of his son following in his acting footsteps. However, against his wishes, Darshan got himself enrolled in Ninasam, a theatre training institute and a cultural organization in the village of Heggodu in Sagar Taluk of the Shivamogga district in Karnataka, just before his father’s death in October 1995.
- After passing out from Ninasam, he worked as a projectionist and later served as an assistant cameraman to veteran cinematographer B. C. Gowrishankar. In the late 1990s, he worked in a few TV shows and played supporting/cameo roles in some movies before his big breakthrough came in 2002 with a lead role in the action crime thriller film Majestic.
- For his portrayal of the 19th-century Indian revolutionary and military chief Sangolli Rayanna in the Kannada-language war film Krantiveera Sangolli Rayanna (2012), he won the Karnataka State Film Award in the category of ‘Best Actor’.
- He runs a mini zoo near Malavalli, a town in the Mandya district of Karnataka. Other than animals, cars and bikes can also be counted among his passions/interests.
Featured Image by Darshan Thoogudeepa / Instagram