|Amara La Negra Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||October 4, 1990|
Amara La Negra is an American singer, actress, and TV personality who rose to prominence after starring in the 2018 season of the VH1 reality TV show Love & Hip Hop: Miami. She came to further recognition after playing the role of Paige in the 2019 comedy film Fall Girls. Amara is well-known for her musical performances and songwriting that challenge racial and gender-based stereotypes in the music industry.
Diana Danelys De Los Santos
Amara La Negra
Miami, Florida, United States
Miami, Florida, United States
Amara is a high school graduate. She was studying mortuary science at college but later switched to business administration before eventually dropping out to pursue a career in music.
Singer, TV Personality, Actress
- Mother – Ana Maria Oleaga (Shop Owner)
She is represented by –
- Julian Andres Boothe, Fast Life Entertainment Worldwide, Miami, Florida, United States
- Alfredo Fournier, Booking Agent, MN2S Talent Agency, Miami, Florida, United States
- AER Management, Miami, Florida, United States
- United Talent Agency, Beverly Hills, California, Los Angeles, United States
Reggaeton, Urban Latin, Dancehall, Pop, Soca, Afro-beats
- Bleand Style Producers International
- BMG Rights Management (US) LLC
- Toxic Crow Hd / Los Teke Teke
- Infernö Records
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
74 kg or 163 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Amara has dated –
- Emjay Johnson (2019-Present)
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (Hispanic and Black)
She is of Dominican and African-American descent.
- Afro hairstyle
- Has a tattoo on her left palm
- Curvaceous figure
Amara has been featured in the TV commercials for brands such as –
- Hawaiian Punch
- Oscar Mayer
- Walt Disney World
Amara La Negra Favorite Things
- Role Model – Celia Cruz
- Interests/Hobbies – Listening to Music, Modeling
- Rappers – Drake, Cardi B
- Singers – Beyonce, Rihanna
- Dishes – Mangú, Jerk salmon
- Fast Food – French Fries
- Snacks – Waffles, Nachos
- Restaurant Chains – Papa John’s, The Cheesecake Factory, Chick-fil-A
- Restaurant – Negril Village, New York
Amara La Negra Facts
- Amara’s mother was an immigrant to the United States. She came to Miami from the Dominican Republic in search of better job prospects and raised Amara, her only child, as a single mother.
- Her mother had entered her in a baby beauty pageant at the age of just 1. Amara used to attend dance, acting, and modeling classes throughout her childhood and teenage years.
- In an interview, Amara has talked about dealing with racism since she was in pre-school. When she was 4 years old, she had won a competition through which she won an opportunity to participate in a popular Hispanic variety TV show called Sábado Gigante. She was a part of the show for 6 years and revealed that as she was the only dark-skinned child in the cast, she was always placed at the back of the stage or in the middle, where she would be least noticed.
- Amara would also often hear nasty comments about her curled, afro hair from the crew of her show who would often tell her mother that her hair needed to be permed. She tried for years to straighten her hair but gave up in disgust once she felt that she was unnecessarily policing her body.
- Her stage name Amara La Negra means ‘love the black woman’. The first part of her stage name was also kept as a shortened version of her mother’s name, Ana Maria.
- In December 2018, she launched her black doll collection and a line of bedazzled loafers. She runs her brand of a clothing line called ALN which sells bathing suits, hoodies, and hats.
- Amara was a finalist on the dance reality competition TV series Mira Quién Baila All Stars.
- She has more than 2 million followers on Instagram.
Featured Image by Amara La Negra / Instagram