|Famous Dex Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||September 6, 1993|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Famous Dex is an American rapper known for his popular singles like Pick It Up, Japan, and In the Bank. He has also released various albums and mixtapes like Dex Meets Dexter, Never Seen It Coming, and Read About It. He has a huge social media fan base with more than 3 million followers on Instagram, more than 1 million followers on Twitter, and more than 500k followers on Facebook.
Dexter Gore Jr.
Famous Dex, Black Migo Dex, Dex
Chicago, Illinois, United States
Famous Dex went to a Catholic School in Hyde Park in his hometown of Chicago. He later got enrolled at the Hernandez Middle School. He has also studied at the Paul Robeson High School.
Rapper, Singer, Songwriter
- Father – Dexter Gore, Sr. (US Army Lieutenant)
- Mother – Pamela Winters (Chef and IHOP Waitress)
Famous Dex handles his representation work on his own.
- Rich Forever Music
- 300 Entertainment
- Atlantic Records
5 ft 11 in or 180 cm
71 kg or 156.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Famous Dex has dated –
- For the last couple of years, Famous Dex has been in a relationship with an unidentified woman. It is the same woman he was seen hitting in a leaked footage. They eventually managed to work out their differences and got back together. In 2017, she gave birth to his son.
- He is also a father of 2 daughters. However, the identity of his daughters’ mother has been kept a secret. It is also not known whether a single woman gave birth to them or they were given birth by different women.
Race / Ethnicity
He has African-American, Jamaican, Moroccan, Indian, and Canadian ancestry.
He is fond of highlighting his dreadlocks with red, blue, and other bright colors.
- Colored dreadlocks
- Tattoos on his body
- Wiry body frame
Dex had an endorsement deal with Puma in the past and also appeared in a commercial for the brand in 2016. They decided to terminate the contract after a video of him hitting his girlfriend surfaced.
Best Known For
- The commercial success of his single Pick It Up (on which ASAP Rocky had collaborated). The single was certified ‘Gold’ by the RIAA.
- The popularity of his single Japan, which managed to grab the 29th position on the US Billboard Hot 100 charts.
- His booming popularity on various social media platforms. He has more than 3 million followers on Instagram.
In April 2018, he released his debut studio album, Dex Meets Dexter.
Famous Dex Favorite Things
- Rapper – Wiz Khalifa
Source – The Fader
Famous Dex Facts
- After his mother passed away because of breast cancer, he got her name tattooed on his neck as a tribute. On his left cheek, he has got a tattoo of pink ribbon, which has been used to raise awareness about the disease all over the world.
- He grew up in Englewood, which is one of the most dangerous neighborhoods in Chicago.
- For his stage name, he has taken inspiration from the popular Cartoon Network TV series, Dexter’s Laboratory. He believes that not only he has the same intelligence but they share the same hunger to experiment.
- He holds the distinction of being one of the first artists to be signed by Rich the Kid to his record label, Rich Forever Music.
- In September 2016, he was caught in a huge controversy when a video footage of him assaulting his girlfriend surfaced. He later alleged that his girlfriend had cheated on him.
- After his mother’s death in September 2014, he decided to focus full time on his music career.
- In 2014, he was seen in his music video wearing a gold chain that was claimed to be stolen from Chief Keef.
- Visit his official website @ dexterofficial.com.
- Follow him on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Featured Image by Famous Dex / Instagram