|Michael Ian Black Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||August 12, 1971|
Michael Ian Black is an American actor, comedian, director, and writer who gained prominence by appearing in numerous comedy series such as The State (1993-1995), Viva Variety (1997), Michael & Michael Have Issues (2009), Stella (2005), Robot Chicken (2006-2012), Insatiable (2018-2019), Wet Hot American Summer: First Day of Camp (2015), Another Period (2015-2018), etc.
Michael Ian Schwartz
Michael Ian Black
Chicago, Illinois, United States
Michael studied at the Hillsborough High School in New Jersey.
Furthermore, he got enrolled at New York University but dropped out before completing his degree.
Actor, Comedian, Writer, Director
- Father – Robert Schwartz (Executive)
- Mother – Jill Schwartz (Store Owner)
- Siblings – He has 1 older brother and 1 younger sister.
Michael has been represented by –
- United Talent Agency
- Schachter/Brown Entertainment
In 2023, Michael’s net worth was $3 million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
68 kg or 150 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Michael has dated –
- Martha Hagen (1997-Present) – He began dating Martha Hagen in 1997 and the couple tied the knot a year later on October 17, 1998. They became parents with the arrival of their son Elijah (b. 2001) and daughter Ruth (b. 2003).
Race / Ethnicity
He has Ashkenazi Jewish ancestry.
Michael has endorsed brands like –
- Pets.com (Puppeteer for the Pets.com sockpuppet dog) (2000)
- Sierra Mist Soda (2005, 2006)
- Klondike Bar Candy (2009)
- Expedia.com (2011)
Michael Ian Black Facts
- His birth name Schwartz is the Anglicized version of the German name ‘Schwarz’, which means ‘Black’ in English. Thus, he adopted Black as his stage name as it is the literal translation of his birth name.
- Michael’s parents got divorced when he was 3 years old. A few years later, his mother came out as a lesbian.
- He changed his stage name to include his middle name as there were already actors named Michael Schwartz and Michael Black.
- Actor Bradley Cooper named Michael as his best onscreen kiss during an appearance on Live with Regis & Kelly in 2010. The two had appeared together in a love scene in the 2001 comedy film, Wet Hot American Summer.
- He is an exceptional poker player and has appeared in more than 5 episodes of Celebrity Poker Showdown. His skills have been admired by the likes of poker experts Phil Hellmuth, Phil Gordon as well as the host of Celebrity Poker Showdown, Dave Foley.
- Michael has released numerous children’s and adult books such as Chicken Cheeks: The Beginning of the Ends in 2009, America, You Sexy B**ch: A Love Letter to Freedom (with Meghan McCain) in 2012, My Custom Van: And 50 Other Mind-blowing Essays That Will Blow Your Mind All Over Your Face in 2008, You’re Not Doing It Right: Tales of Marriage, S*x, Death and Other Humiliations in 2012.
- In 2004, he was in serious contention to host The Late Late Show on CBS before Craig Ferguson was finalized for the job.
Featured Image by Montclair Film Festival / Wikimedia / CC BY 2.0 DEED