|Meghan McCain Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 0½ in|
|Date of Birth||October 23, 1984|
Meghan Marguerite McCain is a political columnist, author, and television host. She is popular as the daughter of the late U.S. Senator John McCain. She first got the media attention in 2007 for her blog, McCain Blogette. Two years later, she started serving as a contributing writer for The Daily Beast. In July 2015, McCain became a contributor to Fox News. She then became a regular co-host of the afternoon talk show Outnumbered. Meghan started co-hosting The View in 2017. She has also been a contributor and political analyst with ABC News by appearing on their popular shows like Good Morning America and This Week.
Meghan Marguerite McCain
Phoenix, Arizona, U.S.
New York City, New York, U.S.
Meghan went to Phoenix Country Day School and Xavier College Preparatory.
Finally, she was enrolled at Columbia University so as to get a bachelor’s degree in art history.
Columnist, Television Host, Author
- Father – John Sidney McCain III (Politician, Military Officer)
- Mother – Cindy Lou Hensley McCain (Businesswoman, Philanthropist, Humanitarian)
- Siblings – Bridget McCain (Younger Sister), John Sidney (Younger Brother) (Navy Lieutenant and Helicopter Pilot), Douglas McCain (Older Brother), James McCain (Younger Brother), Sidney McCain (Older Sister), Andrew McCain (Older Brother), Jack McCain (Brother)
- Others – Roberta McCain (Paternal Grandmother)
5 ft 0½ in or 154 cm
60 kg or 132 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Meghan McCain has dated –
- Ben Domenech (2017-Present) – Conservative writer and commentator, Ben Domenech got engaged to Meghan in July 2017. They had met on Twitter. On November 21, 2017, the couple tied the knot in Sedona, Arizona. In 2019, she suffered a miscarriage. In September 2020, she had her first child, daughter Liberty Sage McCain Domenech, with Ben.
Race / Ethnicity
Dark Brown (Natural)
She prefers to dye her hair blonde.
Bright blonde hair
Best Known For
- Her work on House of Lies in 2015, Saturday Night Live in 2004 and The View
- Being the daughter of Cindy McCain and John McCain
Meghan McCain Favorite Things
- Accessory – Loves tattoos, especially in the design of stars
- All-Time Favorite Musician – Johnny Cash
- Movie Genre – Horror
Meghan McCain Facts
- She had initially decided to become a music journalist and for that purpose, she interned at Saturday Night Live and Newsweek.
- She first became popular on social media in 2007 when she wrote about life on the campaign trail along with the views on fashion and pop culture in her blog, McCain Blogette. She reinvented the political blog when in 2008, she started blogging about the campaign of her father, 2008 presidential candidate and U.S. senator, John McCain.
- Meghan was in the April 2012 issue of the Playboy magazine (with clothes). She landed into trouble with her father for an overtly candid interview with the magazine.
- She is a Pro-Life advocate.
- In October 2017, she became the 21st co-host of The View, exactly at the time the show had turned 21.
- Actress Barret Swatek and conservative political commentator S. E. Cupp are among her closest friends.
- Meghan had interned for Pulitzer Prize-winning writer Jon Meacham when he was serving as Newsweek‘s editor-in-chief.
- She is famous for her writings, My Dad, John McCain (2008) and Dirty Sexy Politics (2010).
- She belonged to the Independent political party before 2008. In 2008, she joined the Republican party.
- In July 2021, it was revealed that Meghan was leaving The View due to the constant fights with her co-hosts.
Featured Image by Carol M. Highsmith / Library of Congress / Public Domain