|Jamie Lee Curtis Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||November 22, 1958|
Jamie Lee Curtis is an American actress, author, and activist who is best known for her work in films such as Halloween (1978), The Fog (1980), Trading Places (1983), Blue Steel (1990), A Fish Called Wanda (1988), True Lies (1994), The Tailor of Panama (2001), Veronica Mars (2014), and Knives Out (2019). She won a BAFTA award in the category of ‘Best Supporting Actress’ for her work in Trading Places (1983); and won a Golden Globe, an American Comedy Award, and a Saturn Award for portraying Helen Tasker in True Lies (1994). Jamie has also acted in several TV series including portraying the lead roles of Lt. Barbara Duran in Operation Petticoat (1977–1978), Hannah Miller in Anything but Love (1989–1992), and Cathy Munsch in Scream Queens (2015-2016). She won a Golden Globe and a People’s Choice Award for her work in Anything But Love (1989–1992). Jamie has written numerous children’s books and has also contributed frequently as a blogger for The Huffington Post. She was honored with a star on the ‘Hollywood Walk of Fame’ in 1998.
Jamie Lee Curtis
The Queen of Screams, The Body
Santa Monica, California, United States
Santa Monica, California, United States
Jamie had attended the Westlake School in Los Angeles and the Beverly Hills High School, before eventually graduating in 1976 from Choate Rosemary Hall, a boarding school in Connecticut. She then joined the University of the Pacific in Stockton, California, to study law but dropped out after the first semester to pursue a career in acting.
Actress, Author, Activist
- Father – Anthony “Tony” Curtis (aka Bernard Schwartz) (Actor) (d. 2010)
- Mother – Janet Leigh (Actress, Singer, Dancer, Author) (d. 2004)
- Siblings – Kelly Curtis (Older Sister) (Actress)
- Others – Nicholas Curtis (Younger Half-Brother) (Actor) (d. 1994), Ben Curtis (Younger Half-Brother), Leslie Allen (Ex-Step-Mother) (Actress), Alexandra Curtis (Younger Half-Sister) (Actress), Allegra Curtis (Younger Half-Sister) (Actress, Businesswoman), Christine Kaufmann (Ex-Step-Mother) (Actress, Author, Businesswoman) (d. 2017), Andrea Savio (Ex-Step-Mother) (Actress), Lisa Deutsch (Ex-Step-Mother), Jill Vandenberg (Step-Mother), Robert Brandt (Step-Father), Helen Schwartz (née Klein) (Paternal Grandmother), Emanuel “Manuel” Schwartz (Paternal Grandfather), Julius Schwartz (Paternal Uncle) (d. 1938), Robert Schwartz (Paternal Uncle), Helen Lita Westergard (Maternal Grandmother) (Maid), Frederick Robert Morrison (Maternal Grandfather), Peter Haden-Guest (Father-in-Law) (Diplomat) (d. 1996), Jean Pauline Hindes (Mother-in-Law), Raphael Curtis (Half-Nephew), Scott Morfee (Brother-in-Law) (Theatrical Producer), Anthony Haden-Guest (Brother-in-Law) (Writer, Reporter, Cartoonist, Art Critic, Poet), Elissa Guest (Sister-in-Law) (Screenwriter), Nicholas Guest (Brother-in-Law) (Actor), Stephen Haden-Guest (Uncle-in-Law) (d. 1974), David Guest (Uncle-in-Law) (Mathematician) (d. 1938), Angela Guest (Aunt-in-Law), Richard Guest (Uncle-in-Law), Pamela Guest (Sister-in-Law) (Actress)
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
62 kg or 136.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Girlfriend / Spouse
Jamie has dated –
- Kevin Pollak – Rumor
- Jodie Foster – Rumor
- Shaun Cassidy
- Johnny Lee Schell (1977-1979)
- J. Michael Riva (1980-1983)
- Adam Ant (1983)
- Christopher Guest (1983–Present) – Jamie began dating English-American screenwriter, composer, musician, director, actor, and comedian Christopher Guest in 1983, and the couple got married on December 18, 1984. They have 2 adopted children – a daughter named Annie Guest (b. December 1986) and a son named Thomas Guest (b. March 1996). In July 2021, Jamie revealed that Thomas was transgender and was going by the name Ruby Guest.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Hungarian-Jewish descent on her father’s side and Danish, English, Scots-Irish/Northern Irish, German, Swiss-German, and distant French descent on her mother’s side.
- Toned physique
- Deep, sultry voice
- Side-parted, neck-length hair
- Affable smile
Jamie has been featured in the TV commercials for brands such as –
- Hitachi televisions (1995)
- Equal brand sweetener (1996)
- Airtouch Cellular (1999)
- Voice Stream Wireless (2000)
- Milton Bradley board games (2005)
- Danone Activia yogurt (2008, 2009, 2013)
- Sheer Cover cosmetics (2008)
- Tropicana (Voice-over)
Jamie Lee Curtis Facts
- In 1987, Jamie had successfully filed a US patent application for a diaper with a moisture-proof pocket containing wipes that could be used with one hand.
- Her 1998 children’s book titled Today I Feel Silly, and Other Moods That Make My Day, was listed on ‘The New York Times Best-Seller’ list for 10 weeks.
- She is actor Jake Gyllenhaal‘s godmother.
- Jamie had fought a long battle with drug addiction after becoming dependent on painkillers that she had started using after routine cosmetic surgery. She became sober from opiates in 1999 and often mentions her recovery as the biggest achievement of her life.
- Jamie is a massive fan of the World of Warcraft online game and had once helped her son Thomas create a cosplay of the blood-elf character Kael’thas Sunstrider.
- In December 2020, she received the “Scream Queen” award at the 2020 MTV Movie & TV Awards: Greatest of All Time.
- During the 2021 Venice International Film Festival, Jamie was honored with the “Golden Lion Honorary” award.
- In October 2022, Jamie was honored with a hand and footprint ceremony at TCL Chinese Theatre in Hollywood, California.
- In January 2023, it was revealed that Jamie had tested positive for COVID-19.
- In February 2023, Jamie was honored with the “Maltin Modern Master Award” at the Santa Barbara Film Festival.
- During the 2023 Screen Actors Guild Awards, Jamie won the award for “Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Supporting Role” for her work in Everything Everywhere All at Once.
- During the 2023 Academy Awards, Jamie won the award for “Best Supporting Actress” for her work in Everything Everywhere All At Once.
Featured Image by Jamie Lee Curtis / Instagram