|Tony Curtis Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||June 3, 1925|
Tony Curtis was an American actor, producer, and voiceover artist who acted in more than 100 films throughout his career and was nominated for the 1959 Academy Award for “Best Actor” for his role in John “Joker” Jackson in The Defiant Ones.
Tony Curtis, Boinie
He was born on June 3, 1925.
On September 29, 2010, he died of cardiac arrest at the age of 85 in Henderson, Nevada, United States.
Palm Memorial Park (Green Valley), Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
Flower Fifth Avenue Hospital on 105th Street, Manhattan, New York, United States
He studied at Seward Park High School and later attended City College of New York on the G.I. Bill. He also received training at The New School in Greenwich Village.
Actor, Producer, Voiceover Artist
- Father – Emanuel Schwartz
- Mother – Helen (née Klein)
- Siblings – Julius Schwartz (Younger Brother), Robert Schwartz (Younger Brother)
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
75 kg or 165.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Tony Curtis had dated –
- Danyel Cheeks
- Jeanne Carmen
- Mamie Van Doren
- Suzan Ball
- Yvonne De Carlo
- Nina Hartley
- Sharon Farrell
- Kitten Natividad
- Anita Ekberg
- Marilyn Monroe (1950-1960)
- Grace Kelly (1950) – RUMOR
- Eileen Howe (1950)
- Janet Leigh (1951-1962) – He was married to actress, singer, and dancer Janet Leigh from 1951 to 1962 and they parented 2 children – actress Kelly Curtis (b. June 17, 1956) and actress, author, and activist Jamie Lee Curtis.
- Wanda Hendrix (1950)
- Gloria DeHaven (1954)
- Terry Moore (1954)
- Natalie Wood (1960-1961)
- Christine Kaufmann (1963-1968) – In 1963, he married German-Austrian actress Christine Kaufmann with whom he had 2 daughters, namely, Alexandra (b. July 19, 1964) and Allegra (b. July 11, 1966). The duo divorced in 1968.
- Leslie Curtis (1968-1982) – He married Leslie Allen on April 20, 1968, and they were blessed with 2 sons – Nicholas Bernard (December 31, 1970-July 2, 1994) and Benjamin Curtis (b. May 2, 1973), before getting divorced in 1982.
- Andrea Savio (1984-1992) – He was married to Andrea Savio from 1984 to 1992.
- Debee Ashby (1984)
- Lisa Deutsch (1993-1994) – On February 28, 1993, he married Lisa Deutsch and they divorced the following year.
- Jill Vandenberg Curtis (1993-2010) – After meeting in a restaurant in 1993, he married Jill Vandenberg Curtis, 45 years his junior, on November 6, 1998, and the duo remained together until his death in 2010.
Race / Ethnicity
Tony Curtis was of Ashkenazi Jewish descent.
- Bronx accent
- Thick hair with curly forelock
He appeared in a TV commercial for Chevrolet Camaro in 1986.
Tony Curtis Favorite Things
- Possessions – A Stetson hat, An Armani scarf, Driving gloves, An iPhone, A copy of Anthony Adverse
- Novel – Anthony Adverse
- Movie Star – Cary Grant
- Film – Gunga Din (1939)
Source – IMDb
Tony Curtis Facts
- He enjoyed painting.
- After the attack on Pearl Harbor, he enlisted in the United States Navy.
- He was inducted into the University of Nevada, Las Vegas Hall of Fame in 2004.
- Tony struggled with alcoholism and drug abuse and went through the treatment center of the Betty Ford Clinic in the mid-1980s.
- He was discovered by Joyce Selznick.
Featured Image by United Pictures Corporation / eBay / Public Domain