|Anita Ekberg Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6½ in|
|Date of Birth||September 29, 1931|
|Date of Death||January 11, 2015|
Anita Ekberg was a Swedish actress and model who is known for her role as Sylvia in the comedy-drama film, La Dolce Vita. She also appeared in a number of other films such as Abbott and Costello Go to Mars, Artists and Models, War and Peace, Man in the Vault, The Man Inside, Sheba and the Gladiator, Northeast of Seoul, The Dam on the Yellow River, and How I Learned to Love Women.
Kerstin Anita Marianne Ekberg
She was born on September 29, 1931.
Anita Ekberg passed away at the age of 83 on January 11, 2015, in Rocca di Papa, Italy from complications of enduring illnesses.
Anita Ekberg attended Malmö Borgarskola located in Malmö, Sweden.
- Father – Gustav Fredrik Ekberg
- Mother – Alva Maria Larsson
5 ft 6½ in or 169 cm
65 kg or 143.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Anita Ekberg had dated –
- Jorge Guinle
- Robert Mitchum
- Dino Risi
- Rod Taylor
- Errol Flynn
- Alain Delon
- Peter O’Toole
- Robert Wagner
- Oleg Cassini
- Tony Curtis
- Scott Brady (1951)
- Gary Cooper (1952)
- Fred Otash (1952)
- Yul Brynner (1952)
- Tyrone Power (1952)
- Ted Briskin (1952)
- Jeff Richards (1955-1956)
- Anthony Steel (1956-1959) – Anita Ekberg married English actor and singer, Anthony Steel, on May 22, 1956, and the duo eventually got divorced on May 14, 1959.
- Walter Chiari (1958)
- Baby Pignatari (1958)
- Fred Buscaglione (1959)
- Gianni Agnelli (1959)
- Frank Sinatra (1963)
- Rik Van Nutter (1963-1975) – On April 9, 1963, she tied the knot with American actor Rik Van Nutter and they remained married for a couple of years before calling it quits in 1975.
Race / Ethnicity
- Curvy physique
- Arched eyebrows
- Deep seductive voice
Anita Ekberg did endorsement work for –
- Lustre-Creme shampoo (TV Commercial) (the 1950s)
- KappAhl (TV Commercial) (1996)
Anita Ekberg Facts
- It was her mother who pushed her to participate in the Miss Malmö competition in 1950. Eventually, she emerged as the winner of the Miss Sweden contest.
- In the year 1951, Anita Ekberg competed for the Miss Universe title and wrapped up her journey as one of the 6 finalists. This led her to earn a starlet’s contract with Universal Studios and helped her get lessons in drama, elocution, dancing, horseback riding, and fencing which further refined her as an artist.
- During her career span, she was greatly featured in gossip magazines for her romantic associations with several of Hollywood’s leading men.
- Anita Ekberg never mothered a child but once revealed her wish of having one in an interview but later stated the contrary in another interview.
- She was also involved in a personal feud with fellow actress Cleo Moore.
- She had a very bold and outspoken personality and never shied away from stating her actual feelings about others.
- Anita Ekberg was robbed twice the same year i.e. in 1977.
- During the course of her career, she also appeared in shows like Casablanca, The Eamonn Andrews Show, Quando ancora non c’erano i Beatles, Beauty Centre, Àngel Casas Show, The Steve Allen Plymouth Show, and The Colgate Comedy Hour.
- Anita Ekberg once said, “I was lonely, but I have no regrets. I have loved, cried, been mad with happiness. I have won and I have lost.”
Featured Image by Bud Frakes / eBay / Public Domain