|Eartha Kitt Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||January 17, 1927|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Eartha Kitt was an American singer, actress, voiceover artist, dancer, comedian, activist, author, and songwriter who gained fame with her tracks like the Christmas novelty song Santa Baby and by releasing albums like That Bad Eartha, Thursday’s Child, and Down to Eartha. Moreover, she also branched out as an actress and appeared in projects like I Spy, Batman, Wonder Pets!, Caribbean Rhapsody, Timbuktu!, The Wild Party, and The Emperor’s New Groove.
Eartha Mae Keith
Miss Kitt, Mother Eartha, Kitty, Kitty Charles, Catwoman
She was born on January 17, 1927.
Eartha Kitt died from colon cancer on December 25, 2008, at the age of 81 in Weston, Connecticut, United States.
North or St. Matthews, South Carolina, United States
Eartha Kitt studied at Metropolitan Vocational High School (Later: High School of Performing Arts).
Singer, Actress, Dancer, Activist, Comedian, Author, Songwriter, Voiceover Artist
- Father – Daniel Richard Sturkie (Reportedly)
- Mother – Annie Mae Keith
- Others – Jason Shapiro (Grandson), Rachel Shapiro (Granddaughter), William Keitt (Maternal Grandfather), Fanny Riley (Maternal Grandmother)
Vocal Jazz, Cabaret, Dance, Torch
RCA Victor, Kapp, MGM, EMI, GNP Crescendo, Decca, Spark, Can’t Stop, Ariola, ITM, DRG, Strike Force
5 ft 2 in or 157.5 cm
58 kg or 128 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Eartha Kitt had dated –
- Michel Auclair
- Marion Meadows
- Charles Revson
- John Barry Ryan III
- Orson Welles (1950-1952)
- Dane Clark (1953)
- Pedro Armendáriz (1953)
- Sammy Davis Jr. (1954)
- Porfirio Rubirosa (1954)
- Arthur M. Loew Jr. (1954)
- Bill McDonald (1960-1965) – On June 6, 1960, she married Bill McDonald who served as an associate of a real estate investment company and they were blessed with their daughter Kitt McDonald on November 26, 1961. However, the duo divorced in 1965.
- Marlon Brando (1962)
Race / Ethnicity
Mixed (Black and White)
Eartha Kitt was of African-American descent on her mother’s side and had European roots on her father’s side.
- High-pitched vocals
- Often sported short hair
Eartha Kitt did voiceover work for a FLoor Buster television commercial in 2000.
Eartha Kitt Facts
- She was born on a cotton plantation and was conceived by rape. Her biological father was white.
- She received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame at 6656 Hollywood Boulevard in Hollywood, California on February 8, 1960.
- VH1 has placed Eartha Kitt on the 89th spot on its “100 Greatest Women of Rock N Roll” list.
- She received criticism and backlash when she made anti-war statements saying, “You send the best of this country off to be shot and maimed. No wonder the kids rebel and take pot.”
- She was one of the several artists whose material was reportedly destroyed in the 2008 Universal Studios fire.
- Eartha Kitt was friends with Freda Payne and Dick Gregory.
- She was fluent in French.
- She supported LGBT rights and considered same-s*x marriages a civil right.
Featured Image by Allan Warren / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 3.0