|Mariah Idrissi Quick Info
|5 ft 4 in
|Date of Birth
|August 16, 1992
Mariah Idrissi is a British model, social media star, actress, and public speaker, best known for her fashion campaign Close The Loop done for the fashion brand H&M in 2015. The campaign made her the 1st Muslim hijab-wearing model and quickly went viral, also making her the leading authority on topics regarding modest fashion. In May 2016, she was invited to appear at the 1st ever Istanbul Modest Fashion Week in Turkey, where she was announced as a “modest influencer.”
Lalla Maria Derissy
London, England, United Kingdom
London, England, United Kingdom
Mariah attended a local Islamic school for 10 years in London, England, United Kingdom.
Mariah later studied history and earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in English literature from a college in London, England, United Kingdom.
Social Media Star, Model, Actress, Public Speaker
- Siblings – Moulay Ahmed Derissy (Brother), Sidi Yasin Derissy (Brother)
Mariah Idrissi is represented by Insanity Group (Manager) in London, England, United Kingdom.
5 ft 4 in or 162.5 cm
53 kg or 117 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Mixed (Asian and White)
She is of Pakistani descent on her maternal side and of Moroccan descent on her paternal side.
Mariah Idrissi has endorsed brands such as –
- FENTY by Rihanna
- Links of London
- Miu Miu
- LOVE COCO LASHES
- Soap N Skin
- Cave London
- WATCHES & JEWELS
- SEEK REFUGE
- Ralph Lauren
- Urban Decay
- Sazz Jewellery
- M·A·C Cosmetics
- Craft And Dolls
- Florian London
- Fresh Ego Kid
- Nasty Gal
- Vivienne Westwood
- MY WARDROBE HQ
- Clinique UK
- Playful Promises Lingerie
- The Body Shop
She has shown support for organizations and charities such as –
- Human Care Syria and their Women’s Hygiene and Sanitation Project
- Action for Children
- British NHS (National Health Service) to promote donating blood
- Islamic Relief UK
- The Al-Ansari Foundation
- Help Yateem
Mariah Idrissi Facts
- She was scouted walking at the London’s shopping center named Shepherd’s Bus by an actress and casting director, Coralie Rose.
- Mariah never aspired to become a model before she was scouted and wanted to work in the film industry, most likely for Disney.
- Mariah was a public speaker at the TEDxTeen conference held at The O2 Arena in London, England in 2016.
- In 2016, she was nominated in the “Cultural Icon of the Year” category at The BEAM Awards. Even though she didn’t win, the organization appointed her as an official ambassador of the ceremony.
- She avoids modeling on a runway because she feels like hijab and dressing modestly would draw unnecessary attention and she wants the focus to be on her as a person.
- Mariah has been featured in magazines such as Marie Claire, Teen Vogue, Elle, and Grazia.
- She made her film acting debut in 2019 with the role of Teresa in The Strangers.
- Mariah doesn’t use sunscreen.
- She has a “weakness” for online shopping.
- She wanted to meet Lupita Nyong’o for a long time and did so in March 2019.
- Mariah believes in acupuncture treatments to keep her face looking young.
- The best cup of coffee she has tasted was on a trip to Sarajevo, the capital of Bosnia and Herzegovina, in September 2019.
- In her opinion, the priority to aiding nature should be in planting trees and slowing down the process of building concrete buildings for people to “live like rats.” Additionally, she believes that switching her petrol car for an electric one or walking/riding a bicycle will not make enough of an impact unless it is done on a large scale.
Featured Image by Mariah Idrissi / Instagram