Lupita Amondi Nyong’o
Mexico City, Mexico
New York City, USA
Kenyan and Mexican
Nyong’o knows Spanish also, which she learned from Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico‘s Learning Center for Foreigners in Taxco, Mexico.
She graduated from Yale School of Drama.
- Father – Peter Anyang’ Nyong’o (Kenyan politician and also served as a professor at the University of Nairobi in the past)
- Mother – Dorothy (Managing Director at Africa Cancer Foundation)
- Siblings – She has five siblings
- Others – Isis Nyong’o Madison (Older Cousin) (Media and technology leader in Africa), Tavia Nyong’o (Cousin) (Professor at New York University)
She is second out of six children.
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
51 kg or 112.5 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Lupita dated –
- Chiwetel Ejiofor (2012) – The on-screen romance between English actor Chiwetel and Lupita Nyong’o was RUMORed to went off-screen in 2012 when they were working for the film director Steve McQueen.
- Jared Leto (2014) – She had a fling with American musician and actor, Jared Leto in February 2014.
- K’Naan (2014) – She is RUMORed to be secretly dating Somali-born rapper K’Naan. It is believed that they both are dating since September 2013. It is confirmed by Yahoo.
Race / Ethnicity
- Born in Mexico, raised in Kenya, and worked in U.S.
- Short boy cut hairstyle
34-24-37 in or 86-61-94 cm
6 (US) or 36 (EU)
8.5 (US) or 39 (EU)
Lupita has advertised for Miu Miu Spring / Summer 2014 collection.
She endorsed Lancôme in April 2014.
Her religious beliefs are not known.
Best Known For
Playing a supporting role as Patsey in the Oscar Winning 2013 historical drama film 12 Years a Slave. She also got to work with Brad Pitt in this film.
In 2008, Lupita appeared in a short film titled East River for her role as “F”.
First TV Show
In 2009, Lupita appeared in MTV’s soap opera Shuga for her role as Ayira. It was a Kenyan television miniseries.
She has a celebrity crush on Leonardo DiCaprio since the 1996 movie “Romeo + Juliet”.
Lupita has really toned arms. She might have done some arms workout, lately. You can also get her look by going through a series of exercises such as triceps press down, dumbbell lateral raise, alternating dumbbell biceps curl.
Lupita Nyong’o Favorite Things
Lupita Nyong’o Facts
- She was born in Mexico and raised in Kenya.
- She started her film career from behind the camera when she was signed as a production assistant for the 2005 film “The Constant Gardener” for a week (Know more from the video below).
- For her performance in 12 Years a Slave, she won the Oscar in the category of “best-supporting actress” in 2014.
- Lupita is the first Mexican-born actress to win an Oscar.
- She once received an advice from actor Ralph Fiennes to choose acting as a career, only if she cannot live without it; if possible, she should go into some other profession.
- She wanted to be an actress since the age of 5.
- She is also good at Spanish. She took Spanish classes in Mexico for about seven months.
- Lupita’s dad was a former Kenyan Minister for Medical Services.
- Her older cousin, Isis Nyong’o has also worked with InMobi, MTV, and Google in Africa and have been included in the list of Africa’s one of the most powerful women in 2012.
- If you are not already connected to Lupita, you may want to do so now on Twitter and Facebook.
Lupita shares her story about her early days –