|Joshua Jackson Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||June 11, 1978|
Joshua Browning Jackson Carter
Jax, J.J, Josh
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
- Vancouver, Canada
- Los Angeles, California, USA
- New York City, New York, USA
- Purchased his childhood home in Topanga, California from a baseball player
- Also co-owned a property with ex-girlfriend Diane Kruger in Paris, France next door to the fashion magnate, Karl Lagerfeld’s home
Canadian, American, and Irish
Joshua’s education began at Topanga Elementary School in California.
Not happy there, he told his mother he wanted to study in a tougher educational environment so she enrolled him in Lycee Francais School in Los Angeles.
After 2 years of studying there, Joshua’s parents got divorced so his mother decided to leave LA for good.
Before permanently relocating to Vancouver, Canada with both her children, Fiona Jackson stayed for a while in San Francisco, California where Joshua participated in the San Francisco Boys Chorus.
Another brief stay in Seattle, Washington helped Joshua land the lead role of Charlie in the production of Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory by Seattle Children’s Theatre.
While staying at Richmond Beach, he studied in Albert Einstein Middle School in Shoreline for some time.
Upon arriving in Vancouver, Joshua first enrolled in Ideal Mini Public School and later switched to Kitsilano Public Secondary School.
He got expelled from both the schools for poor attendance and difficult behavior. Since Joshua’s acting career was in full swing, he did not pursue his education seriously.
After taking his GED test, he did not study any further.
- Father – John Carter (Advertising Executive)
- Mother – Fiona Jackson (Former Casting Director for TV & Films, Life & Career Coach)
- Siblings – Aisleagh Jackson (5 Years’ Younger Sister)
- Others – Jonathan (Older Half Brother from father’s previous relationship), Lyman (Older Half Brother)
Joshua is signed with –
- Creative Artists Agency (CAA), Los Angeles, California
- Anonymous Content, Culver City, California
- Ken McReddie Associates re-launched as The Artists Partnership, London, UK
- Steve Warren at Hansen Jacobson (Lawyer)
6 ft 2 in or 188 cm
80 kg or 176 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Joshua Jackson has dated –
- Katie Holmes (1998–1999) – Josh and Katie met on the sets of Dawson’s Creek (1998–2003) and publicly admitted to being each other’s first love. Josh describes his break-up with Katie as the healthiest break-up he ever had because they were obligated to stay civil and friendly on the sets of their TV show for 5 years after they parted ways. They became good friends and Katie even paid Josh a visit to London to see him perform in a play there. However, the actress abruptly cut ties with Josh and many of her other friends in 2005 as a precursor to marry Tom Cruise.
- Ali Larter (1999) – Ali and Josh were frequently spotted by the paparazzi in public which set off dating rumors about them. They managed to remain good friends ever since and Josh even attended Ali’s wedding.
- Brittany Daniel (1999–2000) – While still a relative newcomer in the television industry, Brittany caught Josh’s fancy on the sets of Dawson’s Creek as well when she got to guest star in the show for 4 episodes. The couple dated for a few months but broke-up soon after.
- Julia Stiles (2000) – Josh was speculated to date actress Julia Stiles, albeit very briefly in 2000. Their relationship was never confirmed officially.
- Rosario Dawson (2002) – Joshua met the fellow actress, Rosario Dawson at the Sundance Film Festival in January 2002. He went there to promote his film, The Laramie Project. They dated till fall 2002 and parted ways thereafter due to undisclosed reasons.
- Hannah Sandling (2005) – Joshua and celebrity stylist turned TV presenter, Hannah Sandling arrived as a couple to quite a few red carpet events in the UK in 2005. However, their relationship did not last long since Joshua’s home base was far away in LA and Vancouver. Hannah who had a history of dating high-profile British men moved on to date British actor Leo Gregory in 2006.
- Diane Kruger (2006–2016) – Joshua met actress Diane Kruger when she was going through an identity crisis soon after her divorce from French actor Guillaume Canet. She told Conan O’Brien during his talk show that they had a terrible first date where Joshua incessantly talked about himself for an hour and a half while Diane suffered an allergic reaction caused by the flower arrangements around their dinner table. The actress eventually found herself attracted to Joshua’s spontaneous approach to leading life which was a far cry from the privileged comfort zone she was used to living in. She developed a fondness for Joshua’s inclination towards frequent travel. Joshua often expressed interest in the possibility of having children with Diane. The two never got married because both of them are children of divorced parents and deemed themselves non-religious. They co-owned properties in Vancouver, Paris, and LA. They announced their separation in 2016 but Diane revealed they were already separated months prior to their official statement. The media speculated the cause of break up being Diane’s growing closeness with Norman Reedus whom she met on the sets of the French-German film, Sky (2015) even though it also had Joshua Jackson as one of the cast members.
- Ruth Wilson (2016) – RUMOR
- Shafia West (2017) – In August 2017, the paparazzi spotted Joshua with a bikini and sportswear model, Shafia West. However, she is not the only woman he has dated ever since he split from Diane Kruger. He dated a string of women of unknown identities. He told Ellen DeGeneres on her show that he is not interested in exclusively dating an actress and after 10 years, he is struggling to cope with the new dating culture.
- Jodie Turner-Smith (2018-Present) – In 2018, Joshua had started dating Jamaican model and actress Jodie Turner-Smith. They had first met at a party and had a one-night stand before they had started dating. The two were publicly spotted for the first time in November 2018. They got married in December 2019. In April 2020, during the pandemic year, the couple welcomed their daughter, Janie Jackson.
Race / Ethnicity
He has an Irish mother and an American father who was raised in Texas and possibly has English ancestry.
- Tall and lean frame
- Usually sports a scruffy beard
- A small scar on the right cheek
- Resembles fellow actor Topher Grace
He has appeared in the TV Commercials for British Columbia Tourism (1987) and Keebler’s Potato chips sold in Canada (1989).
Brought up with Catholic Christian values but claims to be non-religious.
Best Known For
- At the age of 13, he became a teen sensation and gained widespread recognition for playing Charlie Conway in The Mighty Ducks Trilogy (1992, 1994, 1996), a sports-comedy film distributed by Walt Disney Pictures.
- Frequently remembered for his breakout role of Pacey Witter in Dawson’s Creek (1998-2003).
- Became famous for the lead role of Peter Bishop in 96 episodes of science fiction TV series Fringe (2008–2013) aired on Fox Network.
- Garnered recognition for playing Cole Lockhart in The Affair.
At the age of 11, Joshua was cast as Tom in an American drama film Crooked Hearts (1991) starring Vincent D’Onofrio in the lead.
First TV Show
He was cast as Matt Mazzilli for two episodes in an American sitcom called Champs (1996).
- Particularly when in Los Angeles, Joshua Jackson is frequently clicked by the paparazzi after long workout sessions at the gym. He is known to spend up to 2 hours per session.
- While dating Diane Kruger, Joshua confessed he primarily consumed a vegetarian diet because his then-girlfriend of 10 years favored organic, vegetarian food.
- However, he is not strict about limiting any kind of food. Particularly, during his stay in Paris, he can gain up to 15 pounds consuming bread, white chocolate, risotto, and pâté.
- Joshua is very fond of drinking wine.
- He has a medical history of being asthmatic and is allergic to all kinds of nuts except peanuts.
Joshua Jackson Favorite Things
- Memorable Possession – Silver Pocket Watch
- Actress – Uma Thurman
- Actors – Sean Connery, Al Pacino, Samuel L. Jackson, Robert De Niro
- TV Shows – The Simpsons, Law and Order
- Movies – Good Will Hunting, Pulp Fiction, Braveheart
- Music Genre – Old-style jazz, Acid Jazz, Rap, anything but country
- Bands/Artists – Nirvana, Gangstarr, Ben Harper, Common Sense, Clap Your Hands Say Yeah, Sleater-Kinney, Gnarls Barkley, Kanye West
- Cuisine – Mexican, Italian
- Book – Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien
- Vacation Spot – Ireland
- Sports Team – Vancouver Canucks ice-hockey team
Source – Josh-Jackson.net, pjls.tripod.com, Wikipedia
Joshua Jackson Facts
- His very first screen appearance was as an infant, barely a few months old in the horror movie The Changeling (1980) because his mother was working as a second-unit director in that film.
- His acting career started at the age of 9 which convinced him that professionally, it was all he wanted to pursue for the rest of his life.
- Joshua’s mother let him audition for the commercials when he was 9 & 11 to let him know of the brutal competition and rejection in the industry. However, he ended up bagging a role in the advertisements both the time.
- In the early 90s, Joshua would stay up till 1:30 am at night to watch The Jon Stewart Show and hence, would skip the first half of the school because getting up early was inconvenient for him.
- By the time Joshua turned 19, he had already starred in 10 movies.
- After a year of unemployment, battling the pressure to maintain the successful acting run of his teens and early childhood, Joshua landed a part in Dawson’s Creek. He defines working on the TV series as the college education that otherwise, he never formally pursued.
- During his brief period of unemployment, Joshua was unable to get even a waiter’s job because he was too young to serve alcohol.
- He usually likes to sport a beard because he thinks it makes him look contemplative.
- Joshua admires women who are headstrong and are intelligent enough to argue and defend their opinions rationally.
- Being an actor, he developed the sensitivity to never judge a woman by her weight, hair color or age.
- Joshua likes to play the harmonica sometimes.
- He once stated that being a slob is his worst quality.
- Josh’s maternal grandparents were opera singers in Dublin, Ireland.
- He auditioned for the role of Bruce Wayne in Batman Begins (2005) that went to Christian Bale and James T. Kirk in Star Trek (2009) that went to Chris Pine.
- He is left-handed.
- In 2002, under the influence of alcohol, Joshua got into a scuffle with a security guard at the Carolina Hurricanes Ice Hockey game in North Carolina and got arrested. Charges were dropped after he agreed to perform community service and attend an alcohol education program.
- In 2008 during the filming of Fringe, he had to be rushed to the hospital when a stunt performance went wrong that caused a copper wire to shove up his nose and hit a vein.
- E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial (1982) was the first movie he watched and the first concert he attended was that of The Bee Gees.
- He is a close friend of Sikh designer and actor, Waris Ahluwalia. In 2017, he traveled with him to India and even supports his cause to save the elephants.
- He is the face and voice of Oceana’s campaign to save the oceans.
Featured Image by Gage Skidmore / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 3.0