|Stephen Moyer Quick Info
|5 ft 10 in
|Date of Birth
|October 11, 1969
Stephen Moyer is an English actor and director who is best known for portraying roles such as Bill Compton in True Blood, Reed Strucker in The Gifted, and Mr Brazendale in Lilies. He has also appeared in a variety of other TV shows and films such as Prince Valiant, Trinity, 88 Minutes, Priest, Open House, The Caller, Devil’s Knot, The Hatton Garden Job, Godzilla: King of the Monsters, The Parting Glass, After We Fell, Conjugal Rites, Ultraviolet, Midsomer Murders, Peak Practice, Princess of Thieves, Waking the Dead, NY-LON, Killing Jesus, The Bastard Executioner, Fortunate Son, and many more. For his acting skills, Stephen has been honored with numerous awards such as the Satellite Award and Saturn Award.
Stephen John Emery
Brentwood, Essex, England, UK
Stephen Moyer received his secondary education at the St Martin’s School in Brentwood, Essex.
He learned acting and drama skills from the London Academy of Music and Dramatic Art (LAMDA) and graduated in 1988 at the age of 19.
Actor, TV director
- Siblings – Amanda Emery (Sister) (via Twitter)
Stephen Moyer is represented by –
- Luber Roklin Entertainment
- United Agents Ltd.
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
80 kg or 176 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Stephen Moyer has dated –
- Lorien Haynes (2001-2007) – Stephen Moyer started dating British journalist Lorien Haynes in 2001 after meeting her at a public event. They dated for around 7 years before going separate ways in 2007 after Stephen got smitten by his True Blood co-star. Lorien gave birth to a daughter, Lilac in 2002.
- Anna Paquin (2007-Present) – Stephen used to hang out with actress Anna Paquin during the shooting of the pilot for True Blood. When they returned to their respective cities after the end of the shoot, Stephen missed her and soon after, started making four hour Skype calls to Anna. When they got back to the shooting of the show, they had already become an item. After dating for almost 3 years, they got married in August 2010 in a small ceremony held in Malibu. Anna gave birth to fraternal twins, a son Charlie, and a daughter Poppy in September 2012. Such is their level of comfort that when Anna came out as a bisexual in a 2012 interview, Stephen released a public statement to support his wife.
Note – Stephen Moyer also has a son, Billy, who was born in 2000. However, the name of Billy’s mother, who worked as a school teacher isn’t known.
Race / Ethnicity
Stephen Moyer’s natural hair color is ‘Blond.’
But, he dyes his hair ‘Brown.’
- Blue Eyes
- Prominent nose
- Pale complexion
In 1993, Stephen Moyer starred in a TV commercial for the Swedish coffee company Gevalia. The TV advert was only circulated in the Scandinavian countries.
In 2013, he starred alongside Anna Paquin in a TV commercial for Time Warner Cable.
Best Known For
Starring in the role of Bill Compton in the dark fantasy horror series True Blood from 2008 to 2014.
Stephen made his film debut in a 1997 sword and sorcery film Prince Valiant in the title role as Prince Valiant.
First TV Show
Stephen made his first TV show appearance in Conjugal Rites as Philip Masefield from 1993 to 1994.
Stephen Moyer worked with trainer Scot Guthrie in a bid to get his body in perfect shape to play the hunky vampire. His workout routine included doing lots of cardio as the trainer wanted to trim his beer gut. The weight-lifting exercises were done in circuits to further enhance his body’s fat-torching ability. In addition to sweating out in the gym, Stephen enjoyed boxing, which rolled the benefits of above two routines in a single activity.
Stephen Moyer Favorite Things
- Sport – Boxing
Source – IMDb
Stephen Moyer Facts
- In his debut movie, Prince Valiant, he was cast in the lead role opposite actress Katherine Heigl.
- Stephen turned director to shoot the sex scene between his wife Anna Paquin and her co-star Joe Manganiello for one episode of the TV series True Blood.
- Moyer made his stage debut at the age of 4 by entering a talent competition, where he sang Nellie the Elephant.
- While growing up, he was part of the church choir and even managed to rise to the second-highest level before he had to leave due to a voice problem.
- He bought a houseboat from the money earned from doing an advert for a Swedish coffee company and lived in that houseboat in London for 7 years.
- Stephen Moyer is a keen photographer and carries his camera wherever he goes.
- Moyer got his first taste in acting after the school headmaster cast him in the role of Tom Sawyer after hearing him at the church choir.
- He saw an advertisement for LAMDA in the periodical Stage and Television Today. He immediately sent the application and was selected after the audition.
- After completing his acting course at LAMDA, he did theater work for five years with the Royal Shakespeare Company, the National Theatre Wales, and the Oxford Stage Company.
- While growing up, he believed that their house was haunted.
- At 10, he broke his front tooth in half after he fell into a haunted house.
- He enjoys collecting letter openers and is a big lover of bacon.
- Stephen struggled with alcoholism in the past. In 2015, he revealed that he had been sober for almost 14 years.
- In October 2020, it was announced that he would play the role of Christian Vance in the films After We Fell and After Ever After which was previously played by Charlie Weber in After We Collided (2020).
- Vocalist and trumpeter Louis Armstrong was his hero.
- Once he attempted a Welsh accent in an audition. He considers that as his worst audition because he sounded like a Welshman who has spent most part of his life in India.
- Until the age of 12, he didn’t have his haircut over the ears.
- Stephen can juggle while unicycling at the same time.
- At 12 years of age, he had participated in a baked-bean eating contest while camping with his friend.
- While in college, he used to play pool to earn some money for his expenses.
- Stephen was initially named James and was nicknamed ‘Jimmy’. But, it was not liked by his mother. So, she changed his name to Stephen when he was 6 months old.
- Just after playing soccer, he would go to church in his soccer cleats where he used to sing in the choir.
- At 13, he had stolen his dad’s car and drove it at a speed of 90 mph without getting caught.
- Every car he has owned until now has definitely crashed.
- Once he had wrecked his friend Nigel’s new Audi convertible car.
- Stephen once had jumped 25 feet from a pile of pallets onto the tower of mattresses which remains his happiest memory.
- Growing up, he was called by the nickname ‘Dick’.
- He had a dog named Flash. Stephen changed his name to Splash since he used to fell in the canal very often.
- Until the age of 9, he was only eating either the eggs, bacon, or bread or combination of these.
- In his kitchen, he has around 35 jars of chutney. One of the jars is from 1998.