Anna Helene Paquin
Anna Moyer, Sookie
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Anna attended Raphael House Rudolf Steiner School in Belmont, New Zealand till 1990 or 1991. From 1994 to 1995, she also attended Hutt Intermediate School.
Paquin enrolled herself into Wellington Girls’ College to complete her secondary education. But, due to her parents’ divorce in 1995, she relocated to the USA with her mother and then graduated from Windward School in Los Angeles in June 2000.
After all this, she also went to Columbia University for one year. But, left it to focus on her acting career.
Film, TV, and Theater actress
- Father – Brian Paquin (Canadian High school physical education teacher)
- Mother – Mary Paquin (née Brophy) (English teacher and native of Wellington, New Zealand)
- Siblings – Andrew (Older Brother) (Director), Katya (Older Sister)
- Others – Billy Moyer (Step-Son), Lilac Moyer (Step-Daughter)
Brillstein Entertainment Partners
She knows how to play viola, cello, and piano. These were Anna’s childhood musical hobbies.
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
58 kg or 128 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Anna dated –
- Joaquin Phoenix (2001) – She appeared in the 2001 film, Buffalo Soldiers with this American actor and it was RUMORED that the 2 are dating. Neither of them confirmed that.
- Logan Marshall-Green (2004-2005) – The two dated for about a year. Logan, who is 5 years older than Anna has starred on ‘The O.C.’ so he knows a thing about acting like a kid.
- Kieran Culkin (2005-2006) – Kieran and Anna were featured in the off-Broadway production of ‘After Ashley’ in 2005 and it was RUMORED that two are dating each other. This time also none of the parties confirmed that.
- Stephen Moyer (2007-Present) – Anna commenced dating Stephen in 2007 when they started filming for the TV series, True Blood. The duo engaged on August 5, 2009. The couple married on August 21, 2010, at a private residence in Malibu, California. The couple shares 2 biological children – son Charlie, and a daughter Poppy. These are twins born in September 2012. She also has a stepson Billy (b. 2000), and a stepdaughter Lilac (b. 2002).
Race / Ethnicity
Her natural hair color is ‘Brown.’
- Gapped tooth
- Husky voice
- Pale skin
- Petite figure
36-28-35 in or 91.5-71-89 cm
8 (US) or 40 (EU)
6 (US) or 36.5 (EU)
Anna had appeared in a television commercial on “Manitoba Telecom Services” in 1997.
Best Known For
Playing the role of Flora on The Piano, Rogue on The X-Men Series and Sookie Stackhouse on TV series True Blood.
1993 New Zealand romantic drama film about a mute pianist and her daughter, The Piano for her role as Flora McGrath.
First TV Show
American television drama series True Blood for her role as Sookie Stackhouse. She is in lead role in the TV series and is appearing on the show since 2008 with Alexander Skarsgard.
She has also worked in 2 TV films before that in 1997 and 2007.
Anna takes help from the personal trainer, Clay Burwell. Anna does not focus on just a single exercise; she combines swimming, weight training, Pilates, running, resistance training, and cardio of course. She is also a good boxer and athlete.
To look like Anna, one can perform some exercises listed below, shared by Clay to Self magazine.
- The Kicker
- Waist Clincher
- De-jiggle jumper
- Shoulder Sculptor
- Look lean lunge
Anna Paquin Facts
- Her family moved to New Zealand when she was 4.
- Since childhood, Anna has taken a great interest in playing the viola, piano, and cello. While in school, she also participated in activities like gymnastics, ballet, skiing, and swimming. But, she did not ever have any interest or bobby in regards to acting.
- She has 1 pet cat and 2 dogs in her house.
- Anna Paquin is connected with Children’s Hospital Los Angeles and the Make-A-Wish Foundation.
- She can speak French.
- She likes photography and enjoys doing it.
- Anna was classmates with Julia Stiles when she was at Columbia University.
- She dyed her hair blonde when she started playing Sookie on True Blood.
- She has also made it to the list of FHM Australia’s “Top 100 Sexiest Women in the World” in the year 2011 at no. 51.
- Connect with Anna on Twitter and Facebook.