Kathryn Lee Epstein
Kathie, Kathie Me
Kathie lives in a classy and elegant house in Greenwich, Connecticut. She has lived in that house for about 23 years.
Kathie Lee Gifford went to the Bowie High School. After graduating from high school, she got enrolled at the Oral Roberts University in Tulsa, Oklahoma. She studied music and drama at the university.
TV Presenter, Talk show host, Actress, Singer, Songwriter
- Father – Aaron Epstein (Former US Navy Officer and musician)
- Mother – Joan Epstein (Singer)
- Siblings – David Paul Epstein (Brother) (Pastor of Calvary Baptist Church in Manhattan), Michie Mader (Sister)
- Others – Meyer S. Epstein (Paternal Grandfather), Evelyn Marie Rogers (Paternal Grandmother), Alfred Thomas Cuttell (Maternal Grandfather), Florence M. Edlich (Maternal Grandmother)
Kathie Lee Gifford is represented by New York City-based Artist Brand Alliance.
Christian & Gospel, Pop, Holiday
- Valley Entertainment
- Maranatha Music
- Warner Bros. Records
- Universal Motown Records
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
53 kg or 117 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Kathie Lee Gifford has dated –
- Paul Johnson (1976-1982) – Kathie Lee Gifford got married to music composer and producer, Paul Johnson in 1976. However, their marriage was a rough ride right from the onset. In 1981, he decided to move out of their house and they officially got divorced in 1982.
- Carl Weathers (1984-1985) – According to reports, Kathie hooked up with actor and former football star Carl Weathers in 1984. Their alleged affair lasted for just about a year.
- Frank Gifford (1986-2015) – Kathie got married for the second time in 1986 to the former football player and sports commentator Frank Gifford. After her marriage, she also became stepmother to his three children from his marriage to Maxine Avis Ewart. In March 1990, she gave birth to their first child, Cody Newton Gifford. In November 1992, it was revealed that she had suffered a miscarriage. They welcomed their daughter Cassidy Erin Gifford into their family in August 1993. Their happy marriage came to a sad end in 2015 as he passed away at the age of 85. In 2017, she released a single, He Saw Jesus dedicated to her deceased husband.
Race / Ethnicity
On her father’s side, she has Russian Jewish and Native American ancestry, while on her mother’s side, she has German, English, and French-Canadian ancestry.
Broad sparkling smile
Kathie Lee Gifford has appeared in commercials for the following brands –
- Carnival Cruise Lines
- Lisette L
- Almay Time-Off Age Smoothing moisture lotion and makeup (Print Ad)
- She has served as a celebrity ambassador for Childhelp, which is a non-profit organization that works to prevent child abuse and provides treatment to victims of such abuse.
She is a devout Christian and often spends a major part of her early mornings, praying and indulging in devotions. She also reads Bible regularly and in fact, tends to re-read Bible multiple times in a year.
However, she was raised in a Jewish faith but after watching the movie, The Restless Ones, she became a born-again Christian at the age of 12.
Best Known For
- Having served as the co-host of the popular talk show, Live! with Regis and Kathie Lee for 15 years.
- Having worked in the popular American game show, Name That Tune for 4 years.
- Having released more than a dozen gospel and holiday music albums.
In 1992, she released her debut studio album, Sentimental Journey.
First TV Show
In 1974, she made her first TV show appearance in The $100,000 Name That Tune.
Kathie Lee Gifford prefers to have Quaker Oats oatmeal with a spoon of honey for her breakfast, which gives her an excellent and healthy start to the day.
Kathie Lee Gifford Favorite Things
Her favorite things aren’t known.
Kathie Lee Gifford Facts
- In 2000, she partnered with Wal-Mart to launch her exclusive clothing line. She later expanded her clothing line to include children’s wear and home furnishings.
- She has created her skin-care range, which is sold under the label of Natural Advantage and is available through QVC.
- Kathie has launched her exclusive range of wine, Gifft. She was censored by NBC in April 2014 for promoting her new wine collection during the news channel show.
- Her mother is a distant relative of the Nobel Prize-winning British writer Rudyard Kipling.
- While studying in high school, she was a member of the folk group, Pennsylvania Next Right. They often used to perform in school assemblies.
- Kathie and her late husband Frank Gifford had raised money to build two shelters in New York City, that support children born with congenital crack cocaine addiction or HIV.
- In 1996, she was caught in a scandal after it was revealed that workforce tasked with manufacturing products for her clothing line was made to work in socially unacceptable conditions.
- She later got in touch with Federal Authorities to investigate workforce environment violation. She eventually worked with relevant authorities to protect children working in such conditions.
- In June 1993, Kathie and her then-husband Frank slapped a lawsuit against National Enquirer after they ran an article alleging that they had used the controversial medical procedure to improve the chances of her getting pregnant.
- Visit her official website @ kathieleegifford.com.
- Follow her on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Featured Image by Greg Hernandez / Flickr / CC BY-2.0