Goldie Jeanne Hawn
Washington, D.C., United States
Goldie Hawn went to the Montgomery Blair High School. The acting stalwarts such as Ben Stein and Sylvester Stallone were her classmates.
After graduating from high school, she got enrolled at the American University. She had aimed to major in drama but dropped out of the university before graduation.
Actress, Producer, Director, Singer
- Father – Edward Rutledge Hawn (Played in Washington based music band)
- Mother – Laura Hawn (Owned a dance school and jewelry shop)
- Siblings – Edward Hawn (Older Brother) (Passed away in his childhood), Patti Hawn (Sister) (Publicist)
- Others – Otto Delphia Hawn (Paternal Grandfather), Claire Estelle Johnson (Paternal Grandmother), Michael B. Steinhoff (Maternal Grandfather), Frances Weiss (Maternal Grandmother)
Goldie Hawn can be reached through The Hawn Foundation.
She has released her music through Reprise Records and Columbia Records.
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
57 kg or 126 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Goldie Hawn has dated –
- Richard Harfield – Goldie Hawn reportedly dated a man named Richard Harfield in the past.
- Spiro Venduras (1964-1965) – Hawn started going out with Spiro Venduras in 1964. They dated for about a year before ending their relationship in 1965.
- Mark Goddard (1965) – Goldie had a short-lived affair with actor Mark Goddard in 1965.
- Gus Trikonis (1966-1976) – Goldie started going out with dancer and occasional actor Gus Trikonis in 1966. They eventually got married in May 1969 in a low-key ceremony held in Honolulu. In April 1973, they decided to end their relationship. However, she didn’t apply for a divorce until New Year’s Eve 1975. The divorce was finalized in June 1976.
- Warren Beatty (1971) – According to reports, Hawn had an affair with actor Warren Beatty in the early months of 1971. They had reportedly grown close while shooting for the movie, $. In May 2017, during her appearance on Watch What Happens, she confirmed that she had gone out with Warren Beatty in the past.
- Ted Grossman (1973) – Goldie started going out with actor and stuntman Ted Grossman in 1973. They had grown close during the shooting of the crime drama movie, The Sugarland Express.
- Bruno Wintzell (1973-1975) – In 1973, Hawn started going out with Swedish opera singer and actor Bruno Wintzell. They had become affectionate of each other on the sets of the movie, The Girl from Petrovka. They dated for about 2 years before ending their relationship in 1975.
- Franco Nero (1975) – Hawn was rumored to be dating Italian actor Franco Nero for a few months in 1975.
- Bill Hudson (1975-1980) – Goldie Hawn had first met singer and musician Bill Hudson in the summer of 1974 on a flight from New York City to Los Angeles. It was reported that their engagement had prompted her to file for divorce from Gus Trikonis. A month after her divorce from Trikonis, she got married to Hudson in July 1976. In September 1976, she gave birth to a son, Oliver Hudson, who works as an actor. In April 1979, she gave birth to a daughter, Kate Hudson. Kate is also an actress. In August 1980, he filed for divorce. The divorce was eventually finalized in March 1982.
- Yves Renier (1980-1982) – Goldie’s relationship with French actor Yves Renier was scandalous from the very start. First of all, their affair started when she was married to Hudson. It also led to Hudson filing for divorce. Soon after the start of their affair, she left her home and children behind. Oliver was 3 years old and Kate was mere 4 months old. However, her scandalous affair with Renier didn’t last long as they headed in separate directions in 1982.
- Victor Drai (1981) – Towards the end of 1981, the leading American tabloids were linking Goldie with entrepreneur and film producer Victor Drai.
- Kurt Russell (1983-Present) – Goldie Hawn first met Kurt Russell while working on the movie, The One and Only, Genuine, Original Family Band, which was released in 1968. They officially started dating in the early months of 1983. In July 1986, she gave birth to their son, Wyatt. She also became a stepmother to his son, Boston. Despite being together for more than 3 decades, they have refused to get married.
Race / Ethnicity
On her father’s side, she has German and English ancestry, while, on her mother’s side, she has Hungarian and Jewish ancestry.
Dark Brown (Natural)
She often tends to dye her hair ‘blonde’.
- Blue eyes
- Broad smile
In 2007, Goldie Hawn was featured in a TV commercial for Kappahl, a Swedish women’s clothing store company.
She had a very Jewish upbringing.
However, as an adult, she identifies herself as Jewish Buddhist. And, as if her religious views weren’t already too eclectic, she has described herself as a Jesus freak as well.
Best Known For
- Having acted in several commercial hit movies of the 70s and 80s such as There’s a Girl in My Soup, Butterflies Are Free, and The Sugarland Express.
- Having worked on the popular sketch comedy TV show, Rowan & Martin’s Laugh-In. Her performance in the show helped her win an Academy Award.
- Being cast in the role of Toni Simmons in the comedy movie, Cactus Flower. She won a Golden Globe in the supporting actress category for her work in the movie.
In 1972, she released her debut studio album, Goldie, which didn’t achieve any noteworthy success.
In 1968, she made her theatrical film debut in the music drama movie, The One and Only, Genuine, Original Family Band, which was produced by Walt Disney.
First TV Show
In 1967, Goldie Hawn made her first TV show appearance on the CBS sitcom, Good Morning, World as Sandy Kramer.
Goldie Hawn has a very disciplined workout regime that helps to maintain her age-defying figure and looks. She goes for a walk every day. She also likes to go out for a run. In case, she is too busy for her regular workout, she squeezes in a 15-minute interval training session.
When it comes to diet, she prefers to keep it simple and light. She is not a fan of mixing her food too much. In case, she feels like having lentils, she will go for a bowl of lentils. She also loves her green juice (made with kale, celery, parsley, and green peppers), which she has been having every single day for a very long time.
In fact, she loves to have all kinds of juices with the green juice being her preferred choice for breakfast as well as snacks. Her other preferred snack options are kale chips and almond butter crackers. And, to keep herself hydrated throughout the day, she likes to have coconut water.
Goldie Hawn Favorite Things
- Go-To Snack – Truffle Fries
Source – Good House Keeping
Goldie Hawn Facts
- In 1995, the Empire magazine included her on the 71st spot in the list featuring 100 Sexiest Stars in Film History.
- She was invited by her alma mater American University to deliver the commencement speech at the graduation ceremony of the Class of 2002.
- At the age of 3, she started taking tap dance and ballet lessons. By the age of 11, she was selected as corps de ballet of the production of Nutcracker in 1995. She was paid $1.50 for her performance.
- After dropping out of the American University, she started running her own ballet school.
- Early in her career, she also worked as a go-go dancer at the Peppermint Box in New Jersey and at other establishments in New York City.
- She was director Richard Donner’s first choice for the role of Eve Teschmacher in 1978 action movie, Superman. However, she demanded $2 million for the role, which the studio executives felt was too steep.
- Goldie holds the distinction of being the first female actor to be honored by the American Museum of the Moving Image.
- She is a staunch supporter of the LGBT rights and has often slammed countries that have anti-gay laws in her speeches.
- In 2003, she established the Hawn Foundation, which is a non-profit organization that runs various youth education programs aimed to improve academic performance.
- Follow her on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
Featured Image by Erik Charlton / Flickr / CC BY-2.0