|Annie Laurie Gaylor Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||November 2, 1955|
Annie Laurie Gaylor is an American atheist, secular, and women’s rights activist and a co-founder of the Freedom From Religion Foundation. On the other hand, she is recognized for being the daughter of Anne Nicol Gaylor.
Annie Laurie Gaylor
Tomah, Wisconsin, United States
Madison, Wisconsin, United States
Annie Laurie Gaylor graduated from the University of Wisconsin–Madison‘s School of Journalism in 1980.
Women’s Rights Activist
- Father – Paul Joseph Gaylor
- Mother – Anne Nicol Gaylor (Reproductive Rights Advocate)
- Others – Lucy Edna (née Sowle) Nicol (Maternal Grandmother), Jason Theodore (Maternal Grandfather)
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
59 kg or 130 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Annie has dated –
- Dan Barker (1984-Present) – Annie met American atheist activist, author, and musician Dan Barker when both were guests on AM Chicago, a show hosted by Oprah Winfrey, in 1984. They began dating about 6 months later and eventually got married in 1987. They have a daughter together named Sabrina Delata Gaylor (b. 1989).
Race / Ethnicity
Annie Laurie Gaylor Facts
- She and her mother co-founded the Freedom From Religion Foundation (FFRF) group over dinner in 1978.
- Annie is on the Board of Directors of the Women’s Medical Fund, Inc.
- Over the years, Annie has released various books including Woe to the Women: The Bible Tells Me So and Betrayal of Trust: Clergy Abuse of Children to name a few.
- She was presented with the Humanitarian Heroine Award from the American Humanist Association in 2010.
- Annie was invited to speak at the 2012 Global Atheist Convention in Melbourne, Australia. She is also a speaker of the Secular Student Alliance.
Featured Image By Barrylb / Wikimedia / CC0 1.0