|Hoda Kotb Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||August 9, 1964|
Hoda, Hodie (People in her inner circle calls her so)
Norman, Oklahoma, USA
In 1982, Hoda completed her graduation from Fort Hunt High School. Further on, she went to Virginia Tech to pursue a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Broadcast Journalism.
- Father – K. Kotb
- Mother – Sameha Kotb (Employee at Library of Congress)
- Siblings – Adel (Brother), Hala (Sister)
Creative Artists Agency
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
72 kg or 159 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Hoda has dated –
- Burzis Kanga (2005-2007) – Hoda and Burzis Kanga started dating in 2005. Kanga, a former tennis coach at the University of New Orleans and Kotb, a TV journo dated for a very brief time and decided to get married the very same year. Their alliance went on for two years after which the couple got divorced in 2007.
- Joel Schiffman (2013-2022) – The famous TV personality shared about her being in a relationship with Joel Schiffman, a New York-based financier. The duo started dating in June 2013. Together, they adopted a baby girl in February 2017 and named her Haley Joy Kotb. In April 2019, Hoda confirmed that they had adopted a 2nd baby girl named Hope Catherine Kotb. The couple got engaged in November 2019. In January 2022, it was revealed that they had ended their engagement and had separated after almost 8 years together.
Race / Ethnicity
She has Egyptian American ancestry.
- Strong Built
- Toned Arms
38-30-38 in or 96.5-76-96.5 cm
10 (US) or 42 (EU) or 14 (UK)
9.5 (US) or 40 (EU)
Hoda has been seen in many PSAs from The More You Know and American Cancer Society.
Best Known For
Co-Hosting Today Show at NBC
First TV Show
In 1986, Hoda served as a news assistant for CBS News in Cairo, Egypt.
Hoda’s personal trainer Chris Finn shared in an interview that the secret behind her toned body is her regular workout regime. Kotb’s workout is a combination of lunges, weight training, bicep curls, and step-ups, thereby placing a major focus on body toning and maintaining healthy standards of living.
The combination designed by Finn ensures that Hoda gets well-worked out abs, legs, and waistline. Being an early riser, she starts her day with exercises. Apart from gym-based workouts, she prefers running.
Hoda has been a cancer survivor, hence opting for a healthy lifestyle and fulfilling diet plan has been even more important for her. The celeb follows a Mediterranean cuisine-based diet plan, placing extra emphasis on revving up the metabolism, ensuring strong healthy bones, reducing belly fat, and enhancing energy levels.
Her diet structure is designed in a pattern wherein butter has been replaced with olive oil. Further, proteins and veggies are consumed more than red meat options.
Hoda Kotb’s Favorite Things
- Food – Dairy-free Ben and Jerry’s flavors
- Footwear – Vans toddler shoes
- Makeup – Confidence in Your Glow bronzer, Burt’s Bees lip gloss
- Accessory – Pink triple-ball pierced earrings by Jennifer Miller and Kenneth Jay Lane
- Personality – Mary Tyler Moore
- Movie – Hidden Figures
- TV Show – This is Us, Nashville
- Book – Without Warning: A J.B. Collins Novel, Class Mom: A Novel by Laurie Gelman, The Invisible Partners: How the Male and Female in Each of Us Affects Our Relationships by John Sandford, Hallelujah Anyway: Rediscovering Mercy by Anne Lamott, Hello Family, I’m Home
- Musicial Event – Jazz Fest in New Orleans
Hoda Kotb Facts
- Kotb was diagnosed with breast cancer for which she underwent a mastectomy in March 2007. Her complete journey of undergoing surgery and coming out victorious was captured and documented by “Today Show”. Post the whole life-transforming journey, she became an active speaker for Breast Cancer awareness.
- As a part of the Today Show, the celebrity Journo even received Daytime Emmy Award in 2010.
- In 2010, Kotb even released her first book – “Hoda: How I Survived War Zones, Bad Hair, Cancer, and Kathie Lee” which became New York’s Best Seller.
- In 2013 Hoda released her second book – “Ten Years Later: Six People Who Faced Adversity and Transformed Their Lives” wherein she talked about six people who had life-changing experiences and 10 years post the same, how they are winning in their life each day.
- In 2016, Kotb released her third book, which was again based on inspiring and encouraging people all across the globe, the same was named as – “Where They Belong: The Best Decisions People Almost Never Made”.
- In January 2022, it was revealed that Hoda had been tested positive for COVID-19.
- According to Hoda, her purse is a landfill.
- She is a spiritual person.
- Hoda knows how to play the guitar. Overall, she has taken guitar lessons on and off for 5 years. She can play Landslide by Fleetwood Mac on guitar.
- Because of her 2 daughters, she is able to cook several dinner items.
- Before she got her first job, she was rejected 27 times.
- She sleeps early by 8 pm and wakes at 3:30 am.
- Hoda likes the smell of Lever 2000 soaps.
- Kotb is a beach person rather than preferring mountains.
- She has a habit of counting the number of stairs as she walks.
- She journals daily.
- She once received the entire summer earnings of her brother Adel so that she could buy her first car.
- For her gifts hold less value than receiving handwritten notes.
- She can good acting of Count von Count from Sesame Street.
- Hoda usually keeps a box of Coffee mate in her purse for emergency.
- Journalist Karen Swensen is her best friend.
- She does not like orchids.
- Her mom makes very good baklava.
- Hoda has lost her wallet, keys, and even her credit card numerous times. However, she always finds herself lucky as she is able to find each one of these back.
Featured Image by Virginia Tech University Relations / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 4.0