|Mary Tyler Moore Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||December 29, 1936|
Mary Tyler Moore was an American actress who became immensely popular for her portrayal of Laura Petrie in The Dick Van Dyke Show (1961-1966) and Mary Richards in The Mary Tyler Moore Show (1970-1977).
Mary Tyler Moore
MTM, Queen of Brooklyn
Mary was born on December 29, 1936.
She died from cardiopulmonary arrest on January 25, 2017, in Greenwich at the age of 80.
Brooklyn, New York, United States
- Father – George Tyler Moore
- Mother – Marjorie Hackett
- Siblings – Elizabeth Moore (Younger Sister) (Died in 1978), John Moore (Younger Brother) (Died in 1991)
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
62 kg or 136.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Mary had dated –
- Paul Stanley
- Richard Meeker (1955-1962) – Moore married Richard Meeker on August 25, 1955. Their son Richard Meeker Jr. was born on July 3, 1956. But, they went their separate ways in 1962.
- Grant Tinker (1961-1981) – She was married to Grant Tinker from June 1, 1962, until June 1981.
- Warren Beatty (1980-1981)
- Steve Martin (1982)
- Robert Levine (1982-2017) – Her 3rd marriage took place on November 23, 1983, to doctor Robert Levine. The couple stayed together till Moore’s death in 2017.
Race / Ethnicity
She had English, German, and Irish ancestry.
She often dyed her hair “Light Brown”.
Wide and bright smile
Mary Tyler Moore Facts
- Her only son Richard died on October 14, 1980, after accidentally shooting himself in the head with a .410 shotgun.
- Her amusing nickname for her co-star Dick Van Dyke was P**is Von Lesbian.
- Contrary to her onscreen persona of an independent feminist, Mary actually believed that a woman’s place is in the kitchen.
- Her iconic hat-tossing pose from The Mary Tyler Moore Show was recreated into a bronze statue in 2002.
- The sculptor of her bronze statue Gwendolyn Gillen died just 2 days after Moore on January 27, 2017.
Featured Image by Ben Merk / Anefo / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 3.0
Wow, everyone said Mary was skinny, wow she outweighed me! She had me beat by 32.5 pounds and 2 inches in height.