|Darren Criss Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||February 5, 1987|
Darren Criss is an American actor, voice actor, singer, and songwriter who rose to fame with his role as Blaine Anderson in the musical comedy-drama television series Glee, a role that won him several accolades including the Teen Choice Award for “Choice TV: Breakout Star”. He has also been a part of projects like American Horror Story: Hotel, The Assassination of Gianni Versace: American Crime Story, Royalties, The Tale of the Princess Kaguya, Wrestling Isn’t Wrestling, Superman: Man of Tomorrow, Batman vs. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, American Horror Story: Hotel, Whose Line Is It Anyway?, Hollywood, and The Flash.
Darren Everett Criss
Dare, Dcriss, Daisy, Dare-Bear
San Francisco, California, United States
Criss completed his primary education at Stuart Hall for Boys and finished the schooling at Saint Ignatius College Preparatory in 2005. He attended the University of Michigan by majoring in theater performance and as well as minoring in musicology and Italian. In 2009, he received a Bachelor of Fine Arts.
Actor, Singer-songwriter, multi-instrumentalist, composer
He has been signed with –
- Schumacher Management (Former)
- Hyphenate Creative Management, Talent Management Company, West Hollywood, California, United States
- Father – Charles William Criss (Banker and former director of the San Francisco Opera, the Philharmonia Baroque Orchestra, the Stern Grove Festival, and San Francisco Performances)
- Mother – Cerina Criss
- Siblings – Charles “Chuck” Criss (Older Brother) (Musician and member of the indie rock band Freelance Whales)
- Others – Charles William Criss (Paternal Grandfather), Charlotte Elizabeth Bartlett (Paternal Grandmother)
Pop / Rock
Violin, guitar, piano, cello, mandolin, harmonica, and drums
Sony, Columbia Records
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
69 kg or 152 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Darren Criss has dated –
- Mia Swier (2010-Present) – American film and TV producer Mia started dating Darren in 2010. However, they had met in 2008. After dating for 7 and a half years, the couple revealed their engagement in January 2018. On February 16, 2019, the couple got married in New Orleans.
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (White, Hispanic, and Asian)
His mother, who is a native of Cebu, Philippines, is actually of Chinese, Spanish, and Filipino descent while his father who is a native of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, is of English, German, Northern Irish, and Scottish descent.
Darren Criss’ trademark includes –
- Triangle shaped thick eyebrows
- Naturally curly hair
- Pink sunglasses
- Unique singing voice
He is believed to be Roman Catholic.
Best Known For
American musical comedy-drama television series, Glee for his role as Blaine Anderson. He is appearing since season 2 from 2010.
First Extended Play (EP)
Darren Criss’s debut EP was Human, which was released in July 2010. It reached the status of no. 17 in Billboard’s Top Heatseekers. It consisted of 5 songs, all were composed and written by Darren himself. The EP has a running length of 19:53 minutes.
Criss’s debut movie was a short movie released in 2005 titled I Adora You. He portrayed the role of Josh, which was a minor role.
First TV Show
In 2009, he appeared in a recurring role in 5 episodes for his role as Josh Burton in the television series Eastwick, which is based on John Updike’s novel “The Witches of Eastwick”.
Darren Criss Favorite Things
- Favorite Color – Purple
- Favorite Accessory – Sunglasses
- Favorite Band – Freelance Whales
Darren Criss Facts
- Darren’s friends are actors Chris Colfer, Lea Michele, Ashley Benson, Mia Swier, Chord Overstreet, Joey Richter, Brian Holden, Joe Walker, Lauren Lopez, Jaime Lyn Beatty, Bonnie Gruesen, Mark Salling, Joe Moses.
- He is the co-owner of the theater company, StarKid Productions.
- He can speak the Italian language fluently.
- He was claimed to fame after playing Harry Potter in the fan-made hit musical A Very Potter Musical and A Very Potter Sequel and also A Very Potter 3D: A Very Potter Senior Year.
- In January 2012, he made his Broadway debut by replacing Daniel Radcliffe.
- He has taken Violin lessons when he was 5 years old.
- Criss started composing songs when he reached the age of 15.
- Darren has studied theater at the Accademia dell’Arte in Arezzo, Italy. He spent full 6 months semester there.
- Over the years, he has performed at many charity benefits such as American Conservatory Theater, AIDS Project Los Angeles, New Conservatory Theatre Center, Toys for Tots, City of Hope National Medical Center, Motion Picture & Television Fund, Public School Arts, MusiCares Foundation, The Old Vic, UCLA’s Jonsson Comprehensive Cancer Center, Big Brothers Big Sisters of America, Young Storytellers Foundation, and the Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation.
- Criss’ first song on Glee, “Teenage Dream”, hit No. 1 on the Billboard Digital Songs chart, selling 214,000 singles in its first week.
- He has also been cast in numerous productions such as Babes in Arms, Do I Hear a Waltz?, How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying, Hedwig and the Angry Inch, and Fanny.