|Daniel Radcliffe Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5¼ in|
|Date of Birth||July 23, 1989|
Daniel Radcliffe is an English actor, voiceover artist, and producer who has gained worldwide acclaim by playing the role of Harry Potter in the Harry Potter film series and the role has also won him several accolades including the Teen Choice Award for “Choice Breakout Movie Actor”, Scream Award for “Best Fantasy Actor”, and MTV Movie Award for “Best Hero”. In addition to that, he has also been a part of movies and shows like Miracle Workers, The Tailor of Panama, Trainwreck, Playmobil: The Movie, Victor Frankenstein, Lost in London, Jungle, Escape from Pretoria, Kill Your Darlings, The Woman in Black, Now You See Me 2, David Copperfield, A Young Doctor’s Notebook, The Gamechangers, BoJack Horseman, and Robot Chicken.
Daniel Jacob Radcliffe
Dan, Jacob Gershon
Queen Charlotte’s and Chelsea Hospital, Hammersmith, London, England, United Kingdom
Daniel Radcliffe was educated at two independent schools for boys – at Sussex House School, a day school in Cadogan Square in Chelsea in London, followed by the City of London School, a day school on the North Bank of the River Thames in London’s financial district, known as the City of London.
Actor, Producer, Voiceover Artist
- Father – Alan George Radcliffe (Literary Agent)
- Mother – Marcia Jeannine Gresham (née Marcia Gresham Jacobson) (Casting Agent)
- Siblings – He is an only child.
- Others – Edward “Teddy” Radcliffe (Paternal Grandfather), Elsie May Crowther (Paternal Grandmother), Wilfred Jacobson (Maternal Grandfather), Muriel Jean Patricia Gresham (Maternal Grandmother)
He has been signed with –
- ARG, Talent Agency, London, England, United Kingdom
- United Talent Agency, Talent Agency, Beverly Hills, California, United States
5 ft 5¼ in or 166 cm
60 kg or 132 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Daniel Radcliffe has dated –
- Laura O’Toole (2007-2008) – Daniel met Laura in 2007 when he was acting in the play “Equus”. At that time, Laura was an understudy and the two started dating soon.
- Alana Dawes (2008) – From February to May 2008, he had a short-termed romance with Alana Dawes.
- Emma Watson (2008-2009) – Daniel and Watson were rumored to be dating. These Harry Potter co-stars were seen together in 2008 and 2009. They were thought to be dating each other but there was no confirmation from either side.
- Olive Uniacke (August 2010) – During August 2010, Daniel’s relationship with Olive floated after the 2 met at a birthday party. Olive is the stepdaughter of one of the producers of the Harry Potter series. They were friends for a long time and now they took their relationship to the next level. It was just a rumor.
- Rosanne Coker (2010-October 2012) – Rosanne, who served as a Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince production assistant, first met Daniel, in 2007. She has also worked in other films and is a painter and decorator’s daughter. They started dating in 2010. But, now they have separated.
- Erin Maya Darke (2012-Present) – Erin, who works in the casting department in movies and is also an actress, started dating Radcliffe in late 2012. They first met during the filming of Kill Your Darlings. There were rumors of their engagement in mid-2014, but Ian Darke, Erin Darke’s dad denied any such rumors.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Northern Irish descent on his father’s side and has Ashkenazi Jewish ancestry on his mother’s side.
- Short stature
- Blue Eyes
In February 2012, Daniel appeared in a commercial for Trevor Project.
Best Known For
Portraying title character in the Harry Potter series. He did a total of 8 films in this series starting from 2001 with Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone (released as Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone in the USA) till 2011 with Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 2.
2001 American-Irish comedy-drama thriller film, The Tailor of Panama was his debut film for his role as Mark Pendel.
After that, he did 8 films like Harry Potter and soon rose to prominence.
First TV Show
Daniel appeared in a TV film. In 1999, David Copperfield, a film adaptation of Charles Dickens’ novel, was released in which Daniel did the role of Young David Copperfield. This movie was shown in 2 parts on 25 and December 26, 1999, on BBC.
Daniel Radcliffe has not hired any trainer. He himself does his exercises and want to get a body like Cristiano Ronaldo, the Portuguese soccer player. So, he regularly visits the gym, does circuit training, many crunches, and sit-ups.
He also focuses on his diet. He eats a GI (Glycemic Index) diet and avoids junk food like pizza, chocolates, which includes his favorite food as well. But, he knows that he has to look lean and fit. As he is not very tall, so a little bit of fat would reflect more from his body. For, this purpose, he has also left drinking beer, to avoid the intake of as many calories as possible.
Daniel Radcliffe Favorite Things
- Favorite Food – Fish, Sushi, Pizza, Chocolate, Diet Coke
- Favorite TV Programs – The Simpsons (1989-), Family Guy (1999-), Dad’s Army (1968-1977)
- Favorite Books – 1984 (By George Orwell), Three Man in a Boat (By Jerome K. Jerome), Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (By J. K. Rowling)
- Favorite Color – Yellow, Blue
- Favorite Bands – Jane’s Addiction, The Rage Against The Machine, Brendan Benson, Zwan, Muse, Blur, The Red Hot Chili Peppers, Stratovarius, The Beatles, Huey Lewis, The News, Tom Robinson, Sex Pistols, The Zutons, Razorlight, The Libertines, Kaiser Chiefs, Hopes Of The States, Bloc Party, The Futureheads, The Killers, The Strokes, The Clash, The Pixies
- Favorite Movies – Mystic River (2003), Goodbye Lenin! (2003), The Edukators (2004), 12 Angry Men (1957)
- Favorite Author – Iain Banks
Daniel Radcliffe Facts
- Daniel has 2 pets, both are Border Terriers – Nugget and Binka.
- Daniel’s parents originally turned down the offer for Harry Potter films, as they were told that Daniel would require to shoot 6 films in Los Angeles.
- He was once called gay because he has a gay face and/or voice.
- 12 Angry Men (1957) is his favorite film and also the first Black and White film, he ever watched.
- In 2008, Daniel suffered from a mild form of neurological disorder dyspraxia (Problem with movement and coordination).
- He is afraid of clowns.
- In 2007, he was at no. 6 in “The 20 Top-Earning Young Superstars” list by Forbes, with his estimated earnings being $15 million.
- There was a little delay in between the 2nd and 3rd parts of the Harry Potter films. This is because Radcliffe’s parents wanted him to go to school normally for a while.
- He never reads any reviews about his movie or himself.
- He is the only child of his parents.
- His portrait was displayed in London’s prestigious National Portrait Gallery and thus became the first youngest non-royal to have his portrait displayed there. He was 14 at that time and it was made by the artist Stuart Pearson Wright.
- While filming the Harry Potter film series, he used to break the wands every 3 to 4 weeks.
- He portrayed the character of Tim Jenkin, a South African writer, former anti-apartheid activist, and political prisoner, in the 2020 thriller film, Escape from Pretoria, in which he co-starred alongside Daniel Webber, Ian Hart, and Mark Leonard Winter.
- Along with Elijah Wood, he graced the cover of Empire Magazine’s April 2021 issue which was Empire’s Harry Potter And Lord Of The Rings 20th Anniversary Issue.
- He is not on social media, not because he is a private person. Instead, he doesn’t want to get into any fight. Hence, he avoided joining social media.