|Drew Barrymore Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||February 22, 1975|
Drew Barrymore is an American actress, voice artist, producer, director, talk show host, screenwriter, model, and entrepreneur who comes from the Barrymore family of actors and has won various awards including a Golden Globe and a Screen Actors Guild Award.
Drew Blythe Barrymore
Culver City, California, United States
She dropped out of high school.
Actress, Screenwriter, Author, Model, Film Producer, Director, Talk Show Host, Entrepreneur, Voice Artist
- Father – John Drew Barrymore (Actor)
- Mother – Jaid Barrymore (born Ildikó Jaid Makó) (Aspiring Actress)
- Siblings – John Blyth Barrymore (Older Half-Brother) (Former actor), Blyth Dolores Barrymore (Half-Sister), Jessica Blyth Barrymore (Brahma) (Half-Sister)
- Others – Diana Barrymore (Aunt), John Barrymore (Paternal Grandfather) (Actor), Dolores Costello (Paternal Grandmother) (Actress), Maurice Costello (Great-grandfather), Mae Costello (Great-grandmother), Ethel Barrymore (Great-aunt), Lionel Barrymore (Great-uncle), Antal/Anthony A. Mako (Maternal Grandfather)
Drew is one of the five children.
She has been signed with –
- Flowers Films, Inc., Production Company, West Hollywood, California, United States
- Hansen, Jacobson, Teller, Hoberman, Newman, Warren, Richman, Rush, Law Firm, Beverly Hills, California, United States
5 ft 4 in or 163 cm
57 kg or 126 lbs
Girlfriend / Boyfriend / Spouse
Drew Barrymore has dated –
- Christian Bale (1987) – She had a fling with English actor Christian Bale in April 1987.
- Corey Feldman (1989-1990) – Between July 1989 to April 1990, she dated actor, voice actor, singer, and activist Corey Feldman.
- Balthazar Getty (1990) – She had a short-termed romance with actor and musician Balthazar Getty from April to September 1990.
- Rick Salomon (1990)
- Leland Hayward (1990-1991) – In December 1990, she began dating Leland Hayward, namesake and grandson of Hollywood producer Leland Hayward. The following year, they got engaged when she was just 16 years old but the engagement was soon called off.
- David Arquette (1991) – Barrymore and actor and filmmaker David Arquette were an item between September and December 1991.
- Corin Nemec (1992) – Actor and producer Corin Nemec dated Barrymore from January to March 1992.
- Jamie Walters (1992-1993) – She got engaged to musician and actor Jamie Walters in 1992 but the couple separated in 1993.
- Jeremy Thomas (1994-1995) – In February 1994, Drew started dating British bartender turned Los Angeles bar owner Jeremy Thomas. They married soon on March 20, 1994. She was 19 at that time and Jeremy was 32. The marriage lasted only 6 weeks and the couple separated in May 1994. She filed for divorce, which was finalized on February 18, 1995.
- Billy Idol (1994) – In 1994, Drew was rumored to be dating singer Billy Idol after they were spotted together.
- Eric Erlandson (1995-1996) – From March 1995 to April 1996, she was romantically linked to guitarist Eric Erlandson.
- Edward Norton (1996) – Edward and Drew were RUMORed to be dating together, when they were filming the “Everyone Says I Love You” together.
- Jane Pratt (1996-1997) – Talk show host and editor of Sassy and Jane, Jane Pratt and Drew had a fling together in 1996 end.
- Luke Wilson (1997-1999) – The actors did two films together “Best Men” and “Home Fries” and started an off-screen relationship. They dated from October 1997 to January 1999.
- Henry Thomas (1999) – She dated actor Henry Thomas in 1999 for a couple of months. Though, they had met much earlier in 1982 during the filming of E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial. At that time, Henry was 10 and she was 7.
- Tom Green (1998-2002) – This time, Barrymore started dating Canadian talk show host and actor, Tom Green in 1998. He had a cameo role in the film Charlie’s Angels (2000) in which Drew co-starred along with Cameron Diaz and others. The duo engaged on July 8, 2000, and married on July 7, 2001. This marriage didn’t go far and the couple separated in December 2001. Their divorce was finalized in October 2002.
- Sam Rockwell (2002) – For the complete year 2002, she dated her Charlie’s Angels co-star Sam Rockwell.
- Brandon Davis (2002) – She had an encounter with actor Brandon Davis in 2002.
- Fabrizio Moretti (2002-2007) – A Brazilian, who plays drums for the band The Strokes met Drew during Coachella. They dated for a long time from April 2002 to January 2007.
- Hugh Grant (2007) – She met British actor Hugh Grant on the set of Music and Lyrics (2007) and they were RUMORed to have had a fling.
- Spike Jonze (2007) – She dated director, actor, screenwriter, Spike for a couple of months in 2007.
- Justin Long (2007-2010) – They met on the set of He’s Just Not That Into You (2007) in which Justin co-starred and Drew was the executive producer. They dated ON and OFF from August 2007 until 2010.
- Ed Westwick (2008) – English actor Ed Westwick and Drew were RUMORed to have had a fling with each other when the two were spotted at Kings of Leon after-party.
- Jason Segel (2008) – Barrymore was again RUMORed to be dating actor Jason Segel in November – December 2008.
- Nick Dash (2009) – Actor Nick Dash and Barrymore had a fling in 2009 and they have also worked together in Whip It, a 2009 sports comedy-drama film that marked her directorial debut.
- Will Kopelman (2011-2016) – Barrymore, then started dating writer Will Kopelman in February 2011. They engaged on January 5, 2012, and married on June 2, 2012. The couple has two daughters together – Olive Barrymore Kopelman (born – September 2012), and Frankie Barrymore Kopelman (born – April 2014). They split in 2016, which was revealed by them on April 2, 2016. She filed for divorce on July 15, 2016, and it was finalized on August 3, 2016.
- David Hutchinson (2017)
Race / Ethnicity
She has English, Irish, and German ancestry on her dad’s side and is of Hungarian descent on her mother’s side.
- Charismatic smile
- Lisp sweet voice
37-27-35 in or 94-68.5-89 cm
6 (US) or 38 (EU)
7 (US) or 4.5 (UK) or 37.5 (EU)
Cover Girl, Gucci, United Nations World Food Programme, and others
She has appeared in several TV commercials and print ads. The list is as follows –
- Puppy Choice dog food (1975)
- Rice Krispies (1981)
- Guess? jeans (1993-1994)
- Lancôme perfume
- Missoni (2006)
- Covergirl TruBlend clean makeup (2008)
- Northern Paper Towels
- Knudsen Yogurt
- Miu Miu (1995)
- Gucci Fine Jewelry (2007)
- Covergirl’s Outlast Lipstain”(2010)
She has shown her interest to convert to Judaism.
Best Known For
Appearing in Never Been Kissed (1990), Charlie’s Angels (2000), 50 First Dates (2004), and Fever Pitch (2005).
She appeared in the 1980 science fiction-horror film Altered States for her role as Margaret Jessup.
First TV Show
Drew has played the role of Con Sawyer in the ABC Weekend Specials in 1985 in an episode titled “The Adventures of Con Sawyer and Hucklemary Finn”.
She does yoga and resistance training, whenever she can.
Drew Barrymore Favorite Things
- Musicians – The Beatles, Daft Punk, Lauryn Hill, Coldplay, Ratt, Beck Hansen, The Beach Boys
- Poet – E.E. Cummings
- TV Show – The Colbert Report
- Liquor – Barrymore Wines, Budweiser
Source – IMDb, MarieClaire.com
Drew Barrymore Facts
- Her parents divorced when she was nine years old (in 1984).
- Drew’s mom was born in Germany to Hungarian World War II refugees.
- Drew was the maiden name of her paternal great-grandmother. The actress’s middle name “Blyth” was originally the last name of the dynasty, founded by her great-grandfather, Maurice Barrymore.
- She has co-authored two books – Little Girl Lost (1990), and Find It in Everything (2014).
- She went to high school but didn’t finish it. She dropped out.
- Drew appeared in the 1996 film Scream to play the role of Casey Becker. But, she was not offered that role. Drew got the chance to play the lead role. She instead chose to play Casey as she thought it would be more fun.
- Sophia Loren and Anna Strasberg are her godmothers.
- She was born at 11:51 AM.
- She does not watch the movie in which she stars. She revealed that during an episode of The Rosie O’Donnell Show (1996).
- Photography is one of her hobbies.
- In December 2020, Drew and Adam Sandler received the “GOAT Dynamic Duo” award at the 2020 MTV Movie & TV Awards: Greatest of All Time.
- As of February 2021, she has never undergone plastic surgery.
- In February 2021, while talking to Hugh Grant for the SAG-AFTRA Foundation, Drew revealed that her 2 daughters (aged 6 and 8 at that time) call Drew’s movies ‘Mom Movies’ and are not the biggest fans of her movies.
- When she was in grade school, Drew used to date actor Breckin Meyer. Her first kiss was with Breckin.
- She released her autobiography Little Girl Lost in 1991.
- On May 6, 2021’s episode of her talk show, she got a tattoo on her arm which read, “Home is where we are”.
- In May 2021, Drew expressed her regret to Dylan Farrow for working with Woody Allen (Dylan’s foster father) on the film Everyone Says I Love You (1996).