|David Arquette Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||September 8, 1971|
Bentonville, Virginia, United States
David Arquette attended the Mid-City Alternative School in Los Angeles.
Actor, film director, film producer, screenwriter, fashion designer
- Father – Lewis Arquette (Actor, producer, and writer)
- Mother – Brenda Olivia “Mardi” Nowak (Actress, theater operator, poet, acting teacher, activist, and therapist)
- Siblings – Rosanna Arquette (Older Sister) (Actress, producer, and director), Alexis Arquette (Older Sister) (Actress, cabaret performer, underground cartoonist, and activist), Richmond Arquette (Older Brother) (Actor), Patricia Arquette (Older Sister) (Actress)
- Others – Clifford Charles Arquette (Paternal Grandfather) (Actor, comedian, and civil war expert), Mildred Nesbitt LeMay (Paternal Grandmother), Yusseff Nowak (Maternal Grandfather), Claire Nowak (Maternal Grandmother)
David Arquette is represented by Agency for the Performing Arts L.A.
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
80 kg or 176.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
David Arquette has dated
- Christa Denton (1989-1990) – David started going out with actress Christa Denton by the start of 1989. They dated for about a year and a half before deciding to go their separate ways in October 1990.
- Alyssa Milano (1991) – Towards the end of the summer of 1991, David was rumored to be going out with actress and singer Alyssa Milano. In July, they were pictured together at the Bill & Ted’s Bogus Journey Party. Then in September, they were spotted getting cozy at the premiere of The Indian Runner in Los Angeles.
- Drew Barrymore (1991) – Towards the end of 1991, David was romantically linked with actress Drew Barrymore. They were spotted walking hand-in-hand on a number of occasions.
- Erin Everly (1993-1994) – Arquette started dating model Erin Everly in 1993. Their relationship didn’t go well as she was still reeling from the adverse effects of being assaulted by her former husband Axl Rose. He even encouraged her to speak up about her ordeal. David would later reveal that she used to flinch every time he would move.
- Ellen Barkin (1994-1995) – David went on a couple of dates with actress and producer Ellen Barkin between 1994 and 1995. Their age difference, with David being in his mid-twenties and her having started her forties, was widely discussed by the American tabloids.
- Courteney Cox (1997-2010) – David Arquette first met actress Courteney Cox on the set of the movie, Scream. He fell for her right there and then, however, she was not keen on him and he even joked in his later interviews that she hated him. However, by the time shooting for Scream 2 began, they had officially started dating. In June 1999, they got married in a lavish and romantic wedding ceremony in San Francisco. In 2004, she gave birth to their daughter, Coco Arquette. Actress Jennifer Aniston became Coco’s godmother. However, their decade-long marriage met a sudden end in October 2010 as they released a joint statement announcing that they had decided to separate by mutual consent but would continue to raise their daughter together. In June 2012, they officially filed for divorce and it was granted in May 2013.
- Jasmine Waltz (2010) – Shortly after his separation from Courteney, David had a fling with actress and TV personality Jasmine Waltz in July 2010. Some sources were even alleging that his fling with Waltz had led to the collapse of his marriage. However, he claimed in a radio interview that his marriage had ended by the time he hooked up with Jasmine. He termed his fling with Jasmine as ‘one conquest.’
- Christina McLarty (2011-Present) – In 2011, he started going out with TV correspondent Christina McLarty. They had first met on a boat party and their relationship in the early stages was slightly on and off in nature. In November 2013, it was reported that she was pregnant with their first child and gave birth to a son in 2014 named Charlie West Arquette. David and Christina got engaged in July 2014 and got married in April 2015. In 2017, it was revealed that they have welcomed their second son named Augustus Alexis Arquette.
Race / Ethnicity
On his father’s side, he has French-Canadian, Swiss-German, English, German, Scottish, Welsh, and Irish ancestry. While on his mother’s side, he is of Ashkenazi Jewish, Ukrainian, and Polish descent.
- Prominent nose
- Often has a beard
David Arquette has appeared in TV commercials for the following brands –
- 1-800-CALL-ATT (1998)
- The GAP (1997)
- Coca-Cola (2003) with Courteney Cox
- VChic Electronic Cigarette Starter Kit (2014)
Best Known For
- Having appeared in the lead role of Jason Ventress in the ABC sitcom, In Case of Emergency.
- Appearing in one of the leading roles in the horror movie franchise, Scream.
- Being cast in a series of successful movies such as Wild Bill, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, and See Spot Run.
In 1991, he made his theatrical film debut in the drama movie, Where the Day Takes You.
First TV Show
In 1990, David Arquette made his first TV show appearance in the drama TV series, The Outsiders, which was based on the S. E. Hinton novel of the same name.
David Arquette Favorite Things
- Musician – Ben Harper
- NBA Team – Los Angeles Lakers
Source – US Magazine
David Arquette Facts
- David had collaborated with musician Ben Harper and fashion designer David Bedwell on an exclusive clothing line called Propr.
- Along with his former wife Courteney Cox, he has co-founded a production company called Coquette.
- During his stint with World Championship Wrestling (WCW), he managed to become the WCW World Heavyweight Champion. After Vince Russo, he was the second non-wrestler to have won the title.
- He was under consideration for the role of Detective Shane Vendrell in the TV series, The Shield. However, the role went to Walton Goggins.
- In 2011, he had to check into rehab to take care of his alcohol abuse and other unspecified issues.
- In August 2011, David traveled to Africa for the first time as a part of the Malaria No More campaign. During his visit, he witnessed the havoc wrecked by malaria in Senegal.
- David was a member of the music band Ear2000. The group focused on producing hip-hop and rock music and contributed to the soundtracks of Scream 2 and Scream 3.
- He holds part ownership stakes in the nightclub, Bootsy Bellows in Los Angeles. The name of the nightclub was inspired by the name “Bootsy Bellows” used by his mother for her Burlesque performances.
- He has done a lot of activism work for Feeding America, which is a non-profit organization that feeds more than 46 million people in the US through a network of more than 200 food banks and countless food pantries, soup kitchens, and shelters.
- He has even served as the Entertainment Council chairman for Feeding America.
- He and wife Christina had invested in the nonfiction film studio XTR.
- David is a certified Bob Ross Instructor.
- He is also a graffiti artist named “Someone” and his graffiti crew is called “Kids Gone Bad.”
- As an executive producer, he has produced Cougar Town, Celebrity Name Game, and others.
- In 2021, he purchased the rights to ‘Bozo the Clown’ (sometimes credited as the world’s most famous clown). This deal took him a huge 15 years to close.
- As a director, he has directed episodes of Medium and CSI: Miami.
- Apart from Feeding America, David also supports other charities including Violence Intervention Program.
- David once won the Spirit of Elysium award from the charity, Art of Elysium.
- He has worked with veteran actor Marlon Brando in the 1998 movie Free Money.
- In 2022, he gave his voice to the character of Chris Hackett in the drama horror video game, The Quarry.
- In 2019, he was seen in the music video of Red Bull and Hennessy by Jenny Lewis.
Featured Image by Frank Eng / Flickr / CC BY 2.0