|Alexis Arquette Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7¾ in|
|Date of Birth||July 28, 1969|
Alexis Arquette was an American actress, cabaret performer, singer, musician, cartoonist, and activist who was cast in a number of films and shows such as Jack Be Nimble, Never Met Picasso, Xena: Warrior Princess, Friends, Beggars and Choosers, Californication, The Trip, Wasabi Tuna, Goodbye America, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Pulp Fiction, and Things I Never Told You.
Alexis Arquette, Eva Destruction, Lex
She was born on July 28, 1969.
On September 11, 2016, she passed away due to cardiac arrest caused by myocarditis stemming from HIV at the age of 47 in Los Angeles, California, United States.
Los Angeles, California, United States
Actress, Musician, Singer, Cartoonist, Cabaret Performer, Activist
- Father – Lewis Arquette (Film Actor, Writer, Producer)
- Mother – Brenda Olivia “Mardi” (née Nowak) (Actress, Poet, Theater Operator, Activist, Acting Teacher, Therapist)
- Siblings – Rosanna Arquette (Older Sister) (Actress, Film Director, Film Producer), Richmond Arquette (Older Brother) (Actor), Patricia Arquette (Older Sister) (Actress, Voiceover Artist), David Arquette (Younger Brother) (Actor, Professional Wrestler, Film Director, Producer, Screenwriter, Fashion Designer)
- Others – Clifford Charles “Cliff” Arquette (Paternal Grandfather) (Known by the stage name “Charley Weaver”) (Comedian, Actor), Mildred Nesbitt LeMay (Paternal Grandmother), Yusseff “Joseph” Nowack/Nowak (Maternal Grandfather), Claire Hibel/Hibbel (Maternal Grandmother), Meriwether Lewis (Distant Relative) (Explorer, Soldier, Politician, Public Administrator), Courteney Cox (Former Sister-In-Law) (Actress, Producer, Director), Coco Arquette (Niece) (Actress), Zoë Bleu Sidel (Niece) (Model, Actress), Nicolas Cage (Former Brother-In-Law) (Actor, Filmmaker)
5 ft 7¾ in or 172 cm
68 kg or 150 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Alexis Arquette was of English, French-Canadian, Swiss-German, German, Scottish, Irish, and Welsh descent on her father’s side and had Ashkenazi Jewish ancestry on her mother’s side.
- Pouty lips
- Arched eyebrows
Alexis Arquette Facts
- Originally, her family’s surname was “Arcouet”.
- Alexis Arquette made her first theatrical film appearance by playing the role of Georgette in the 1989 German-British drama film, Last Exit to Brooklyn, starring Stephen Lang, Jennifer Jason Leigh, and others.
- Alongside Sarah Smuts-Kennedy and Bruno Lawrence, she co-starred as Jack in the 1993 New Zealand gothic horror movie, Jack Be Nimble, and this role got her nominated for the 1994 Fangoria Chainsaw Award for “Best Actor”.
- In 1996, Alexis Arquette brought to life the character of Andrew Magnus in the comedy-drama film, Never Met Picasso. For this performance, she received the L.A. Outfest Award for “Outstanding Actor in a Feature Film” in 1997.
- Between 2000 and 2001, she appeared in 2 episodes, The One with Rachel’s Sister and The One with Chandler’s Dad, of the television sitcom, Friends.
- She was a vocal supporter of the transgender community.
Featured Image by Glenn Francis / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 3.0