|Catherine Bell Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||August 14, 1968|
|Eye Color||Light Brown|
Catherine Bell is an American actress, model, and producer best known for her portrayal of the role of Sarah MacKenzie in the television series JAG and playing Denise Sherwood in the TV series Army Wives. She has a huge social media fan base with more than 100k followers on Instagram.
Catherine Lisa Bell
London, England, United Kingdom
Catherine attended The University of California, Los Angeles but dropped out in her sophomore year. She later studied acting at the Beverly Hills Playhouse.
Model, Actress, Producer
- Father – Peter Bell
- Mother – Mina Ezzati
- Siblings – None
Catherine is represented by Brillstein Entertainment Partners.
In 2018, her net worth was estimated at $15 Million.
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
60 kg or 132 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Catherine has dated –
- Adam Beason (1992-2011) – Catherine married screenwriter Adam Beason on May 8, 1994. They met on the set of Death Becomes Her in 1992. They have a daughter named Gemma (b. 2003) and a son named Ronan (b. 2010). The couple separated in 2011.
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (White and Middle Eastern)
She is of Scottish descent on her father’s side and has Iranian ancestry on her mother’s side.
Catherine has done endorsement work for brands like Boon Supply and Hallmark Channel through her Instagram.
Catherine grew up in a varied religious environment. While her maternal grandparents were Muslims, she was also raised in as a Catholic. She also went to a Baptist summer camp.
Best Known For
Portraying the role of Sarah MacKenzie in the television series JAG from 1996 to 2005 and playing Denise Sherwood in the TV series Army Wives from 2007 to 2013
Catherine made her theatrical film debut in Death Becomes Her as Lisle’s Body Double in 1992.
First TV Show
Her first TV show appearance was in True Colors as Donna in 1991.
As per her blog in 2014, she prefers to do Pilates in order to stay fit. She also tries to eat a healthy diet. Her diet normally consists of fresh fruits, veggies, and juices.
Catherine Bell Favorite Things
- Food – Burger and fries
Source – People
Catherine Bell Facts
- Catherine’s parents got divorced when she was only 2 years old and she was raised by her mother and her grandparents.
- As a child, she was a tomboy and loved to skateboard and play football.
- Apart from English, she is also fluent in Persian, which is her mother tongue.
- She dropped out of the college during her sophomore year to pursue a modeling job in Japan.
- After returning back to America, she decided to pursue a career in acting.
- Her famous show JAG was originally aired on NBC and she managed to grab a part in one of the episodes where she had 3 lines. The show was canceled by NBC before CBS started airing it. It was then that her character of Major Sarah MacKenzie was added to the script.
- Catherine was diagnosed with thyroid cancer in her 20s and she underwent a surgery to get her thyroid removed. She thinks that the scar she got on her neck after the surgery looks cool so she never hides it.
- Catherine has the tattoos of both of her children’s names.
- She has been featured on the FHM magazine’s “100 Sexiest Women in the World” where she was placed at number 84 in the year 2001, number 38 in 2002, and number 20 in 2004.
- Visit her official website @ catherinebell.com.
- Follow her on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook.
Featured Image by Fred Baker / www.dvidshub.net / Public Domain
Wow, I did not think she was that tall, she is 4 inches taller than me and outweighs me by 13 pounds!
Make that 28 pounds, need a new battery for my calculator! Wow, pretty Catherine could pick my scrawny little bod up and throw me clear across the room!