|Jennifer Jason Leigh Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 3 in|
|Date of Birth||February 5, 1962|
Jennifer Jason Leigh is an American actress who gained prominence with her role as Stacy Hamilton in a 1982 comedy film, Fast Times at Ridgemont High, and as Tracy in the 1981 horror-thriller film, Eyes of a Stranger. She started acting at a very young age and has been cast in a variety of TV shows and movies like The Men’s Club, Heart of Midnight, Last Exit to Brooklyn, Mrs. Parker and the Vicious Circle, The Hateful Eight, Annihilation, Thanks of a Grateful Nation, Weeds, and Atypical.
Jennifer Leigh Morrow
Hollywood, Los Angeles, California, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Jennifer attended the Palisades Charter High School in Los Angeles, California. She also went to Lee Strasberg Theatre and Film Institute.
She also took acting and dancing lessons at Stagedoor Manor summer camp.
Actress, Voice Actress, Former Model
- Father – Vic Morrow (Actor) (Died 1982)
- Mother – Barbara Turner (Actress-Screenwriter)
- Siblings – Carrie Ann Morrow (Older Sister) (Died 2017)
- Others – Harry Morozoff (Paternal Grandfather), Jean Kress (Paternal Grandmother), Alexander Turner (Maternal Grandfather), Pearl Pauline Zises (Maternal Grandmother), Reza Badiyi (Stepfather) (Director), Mina Badie (Younger Half-Sister) (Actress)
Jennifer Jason Leigh is represented by Untitled Entertainment.
5 ft 3 in or 160 cm
58 kg or 128 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Jennifer has dated –
- Robert Downey Jr. – Jennifer Leigh and actor Robert Downey Jr. were supposed to be an item.
- Kevin Spacey – She was once rumored to be dating actor, producer, and singer, Kevin Spacey.
- Steven Shainberg – Leigh and Steve Shainberg, a director and producer, had a short term relation.
- David Dukes (1982-1984) – Actor David Dukes and Leigh began dating in 1982. However, in 1984, they decided to part ways.
- Eric Stoltz (1985-1989) – Jennifer and actor, director, and producer, Eric Stoltz, started dating in 1985. In 1989, however, their romance fizzled out and the duo decided to end the relationship.
- Jason Patric (1992-1994) – Jennifer Jason Leigh started dating actor Jason Patric in 1992. After dating for 2 years, the couple broke up in 1994.
- Noah Baumbach (2001-2013) – Jennifer got married to filmmaker Noah Baumbach on September 2, 2005. The marriage lasted for around 5 years and on November 15, 2010, Leigh decided to end the marriage and filed for a divorce citing irreconcilable differences. They have a son named Rohmer Emmanuel (b. March 17, 2010).
Race / Ethnicity
Jennifer has Ashkenazi Jewish ancestry.
Leigh prefers to dye her hair in shades of brown and burgundy.
- Upturned Nose
- Bright Eyes
She has done endorsement work for various brands like –
- Gap (Print Advert) (2001)
- Marc Jacobs (Print Advert) (2006)
Leigh was raised in a Jewish household.
Best Known For
- Playing the role of Stacy Hamilton in the 1982 coming-of-age comedy film, Fast Times at Ridgemont High
- Having been cast as Dorothy Parker in the 1994 biographical drama film, Mrs. Parker and the Vicious Circle
Jennifer Leigh made her theatrical film debut in the 1976 drama film, The Spy Who Never Was. However, she wasn’t credited for her appearance.
She made her first credited theatrical film appearance as Tracy Harris in the horror thriller, Eyes of a Stranger, in 1981.
As a voice actress, she made her theatrical film debut by voicing the character of Bridget in the animated adventure comedy, Hey Arnold!: The Movie, in 2002.
First TV Show
Leigh made her first TV show appearance as Marcie in the crime drama series, Baretta, in 1977.
As a voice actress, she made her TV show debut as Amy in the animated series, King of the Hill, in 1998.
To play her character in The Best Little Girl in the World (1981), Jennifer had to reduce her body weight to 86 lbs. So, she underwent a strict health routine and followed a proper diet and specific workout routine.
Jennifer Jason Leigh Facts
- She was born at 12:33pm-PST.
- She took ‘Jason’ as her middle name to honor her father’s friend, Jason Robards.
- During the filming of Twilight Zone: The Movie, her father and 2 child artists got killed as a helicopter shot went wrong resulting in their death.
- At the age of 9, Jennifer got her first chance to act in a film.
- After Leigh backed out from Spread (2009), Anne Heche was cast as her replacement.
- She also auditioned for the 1978 film, Pretty Baby. However, Brooke Shields was selected to play the part of Violet.
- Jennifer Jason Leigh is a good friend of actress Phoebe Cates.
- She previously served as a model for photographer Gregory Crewdson.
- Jennifer Jason Leigh is not active on social media.
Featured Image by Gage Skidmore / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0