|Phoebe Cates Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||July 16, 1963|
Phoebe Cates is an American actress known for appearing in popular films like Ridgemont High and Gremlins. She is also a popular model and has graced the covers of magazines like Seventeen, Elle, and British Vogue. Phoebe has done endorsement work for brands like Mini Cup, Asahi Beer, and Oxy Wash.
Phoebe Belle Cates
New York City, New York, United States
Upper East Side of Manhattan, New York, United States
Phoebe Cates did her schooling from renowned institutes in New York City such as The Hewitt School, the Professional Children’s School, and The Juilliard School. She has also studied at the School of American Ballet, New York, United States.
Model, Actress, Entrepreneur
- Father – Joseph Cates (Television Director)
- Mother – Lily Cates (Model)
- Siblings – Valerie Cates (Sister), Phillip Cates (Brother), Alexandra Cates (Sister)
- Others – Gilbert Cates (Late Uncle) (Film Director), Nathan Katz (Paternal Grandfather), Nina Peltzman (Paternal Grandmother)
Phoebe Cates is represented by Berwick & Kovacik, Los Angeles, California, United States.
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
60 kg or 132 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Phoebe Cates has dated –
- Stavros Merjos – After meeting at the Studio 54 in 1979, Phoebe became romantically involved with the film producer, Stavros Merjos. They lived in an apartment in Greenwich Village.
- Kevin Kline (1985-Present) – In 1983, when Phoebe was auditioning for a role, she first met the talented actor Kevin Kline. However, their relationship took off only after crossing paths at a public theater in New York City in 1985. In spite of the 16 years age difference, they madly fell in love with each other and got married in New York City in 1989. They are blessed with 2 children, son Owen Joseph Kline (b. 1991) and daughter Greta Simone Kline (b. 1994).
Race / Ethnicity
She has Russian Jewish and Chinese-Filipino ancestry.
- Soft facial features
- Beautiful eyes
- Radiant smile
Phoebe Cates has done endorsement work for the following brands –
- Mini Cup
- Asahi Beer
- TV Guide
- Oxy Wash
Her religious views aren’t known publicly.
Best Known For
Her gorgeous looks as a model and for giving memorable performances in films such as Fast Times at Ridgemont High (1982) and Gremlins (1984).
She released her first album titled Paradise in 1982.
In 1982, she made her theatrical debut in the film Paradise as Sarah.
First TV Show
In 1979, she made her first TV show appearance as herself in the Models and Photographers episode of Fashion.
Her workout routine and diet plan are unknown.
Phoebe Cates Favorite Things
Phoebe’s favorite things are unknown.
Phoebe Cates Facts
- Cates started acting at the age of 17.
- In 1978, she had a terrible knee injury which ended her dance career.
- As a model, she has graced the covers of many prestigious magazines such as Seventeen, Elle, British Vogue, and Interview.
- In 1984, Phoebe was named as one of the 10 Most Beautiful Women of America by Harper’s Bazaar.
- In 2005, she opened a boutique in the Upper East Side of New York City called the Blue Tree.
- Visit her official merchandise website @ bluetreeny.bigcartel.com.
- She does not have any social media account.
Featured Image by Greg Hernandez / Flickr / CC BY-2.0