|Tamannaah Quick Info
|5 ft 3.5 in
|Date of Birth
|December 21, 1989
Tamannaah, also known as Tamannaah Bhatia, is an Indian actress best known for predominantly working in the South Indian film industry. Her portrayal of the character of Avanthika in the Bahubali series made her a well-known name in India. The actress has a strong fan base with more than 7 million followers on Instagram and more than 4 million followers on Twitter.
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Tamannaah attended the Maneckji Cooper Education Trust School.
- Father – Santhosh Bhatia (Diamond Merchant)
- Mother – Rajani Bhatia (Housewife)
- Siblings – Anand Bhatia (Older Brother)
5 ft 3½ in or 161 cm
50 kg or 110 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Tamannaah has dated –
- As per an article in July 2018, Tamannaah is in a relationship with a USA-based Physician.
- Abdul Razzaq (2017) – RUMOR
- Vijay Varma (2022-Present) – In January 2023, actors Vijay Varma and Tamannaah were rumored to be dating together after they were reportedly seen kissing at a New Year party in Goa on December 31, 2022. In June 2023, she confirmed her relationship with Vijay in an interview. Their relationship started during the filming of Lust Stories 2. In August 2023, she enjoyed a small vacation with Vijay in the Maldives.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Sindhi descent.
Tamannaah has done endorsement work for brands like –
- Celkon Mobiles
- Chandrika Ayurvedic soap
- LEVER Ayush
- Head & Shoulder
- Malabar Gold & Diamonds
Best Known For
Portraying the character of Avanthika in the magnum opus Bahubali series (2015, 2017)
Tamannaah made her theatrical film debut in Chand Sa Roshan Chehra as Jia in 2005.
First TV Show
Tamannaah made her first TV show appearance in Comedy Nights with Kapil in 2014.
Tamannaah keeps herself in shape by working out on a regular basis. As per her Instagram, she also indulges in yoga, mainly the ‘Surya Namaskar’. Her workout regimen is focused on different parts every day.
As per a video in 2017, Tamannaah used to drink vegetable juice every morning. Her diet included small amounts of food every 2 hours. In February 2018, she was being guided by her nutritionist, Rashi Chowdhary as she took to Instagram to encourage people to eat egg yolk. Her diet also involves eggs and white rice.
Tamannaah Favorite Things
- Actor – Hrithik Roshan
Source – YouTube Video
- She has been acting since she was 13. She was scouted at her school’s annual function.
- Her name was Tamanna but she changed it to ‘Tamannaah’ for some numerological reasons.
- Tamannaah got her first break as an actor at the age of 15, starring in the Hindi film Chand Sa Roshan Chehra. The film did not do well commercially at the box office.
- In 2005, she also made her Telugu debut in the film Sri and made her Tamil debut in 2006 in the film Kedi.
- Before her debut in the Tamil industry, she made an appearance in the 2003 Tamil romantic comedy film Enakku 20 Unakku 18.
- She was featured in Lafzon Mein music video of the singer Abhijeet Sawant in 2005 at the age of 16.
- Tamannaah is one of the highest-paid actresses in the South Indian film industry.
- In 2017, she was presented with an honorary doctorate for her contributions to the Indian cinema, from CIAC, in association with the KEISIE International University, South Korea.
- In 2017, she launched her own jewelry line known as ‘Wite n Gold’ in the form of an online jewelry venture — witengold.com.
- She became the first Indian actress to be nominated at Saturn Awards for the “Best Supporting Actress” category.
- In her free time, she likes to sit and do nothing and she even said in an interview that she does not need television or any device to keep her entertained. She also likes reading books in her free time.
- In October 2020, she was tested positive for coronavirus. After undergoing treatment at a hospital in Hyderabad for almost a week, she recovered from the virus.
- In July 2023, it was assumed that she was wearing the world’s 5th largest diamond on her hand during a photoshoot. However, according to Tamannaah, it was a bottle opener.
Featured Image by Baahubali Movie / Flickr / Public Domain