|Vijay Varma Quick Info
|5 ft 11 in
|Date of Birth
|March 29, 1984
Vijay Varma is an Indian actor and theatre artist who has worked predominantly in Hindi films such as Gully Boy, Manto, Gang of Ghosts, Pink, Baaghi 3, Super 30, Monsoon Shootout, Chittagong, Ghost Stories, Baaghi 3, Yaara, and Raag Desh. In addition to that, the actor has also been cast in shows like A Suitable Boy, Mirzapur, OK Computer, She, and Cheers-Friends, Reunion, Goa.
Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh (later in Telangana), India
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Vijay Varma studied at the Film and Television Institute of India (FTII), a film institute under the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting of the Government of India and aided by the Central Government of India.
Actor, Theatre Artist
5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm
70 kg or 154.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Vijay has dated –
- Tamannaah (2022-Present) – In January 2023, the actors Vijay and Tamannaah were rumored to be dating each other after they were allegedly spotted kissing and hugging each other at a New Year party in Goa. In June 2023, Tamannah confirmed her relationship with Vijay in an interview. They had started dating on the set of Lust Stories 2 (2023). In August 2023, the couple spent some off time in Maldives.
Race / Ethnicity
Vijay Varma is of Marwari descent.
Vijay Varma Facts
- In 2012, he made his Hindi film debut by playing the character named Jhunku (Subodh Roy) in the historical war drama film Chittagong, based upon events of British India’s Chittagong Uprising. The film’s lead cast included Manoj Bajpayee, Nawazuddin Siddiqui, Rajkumar Rao, and others.
- Alongside the likes of Amitabh Bachchan, Taapsee Pannu, Kirti Kulhari, Angad Bedi, Tushar Pandey, Vijay Varma co-starred as Ankit Malhotra in the critically-acclaimed Hindi-language legal thriller film Pink in 2016.
- He made his Telugu film debut as Warangal Siva, a gangster who owns Siva Shakti Travels, in the 2017 action comedy film MCA (also known as Middle Class Abbayi).
- He enjoys playing video games.
- Vijay Varma was cast as Moeen Arif in the 2019 Hindi-language musical drama film Gully Boy, a coming-of-age story about an aspiring street rapper from the Dharavi slums of Mumbai. This role got him nominated at the 26th Screen Awards as well as at the 65th Filmfare Awards in the “Best Supporting Actor” category.
- He has played the dual role of Shatrughan Tyagi and Bharat Tyagi in the Amazon Prime Video Hindi-language action crime thriller series Mirzapur.
- In 2020, Vijay Varma appeared as Rasheed in the BBC television drama miniseries A Suitable Boy. It stars Tabu, Ishaan Khatter, Tanya Maniktala, and Rasika Dugal.
- In June 2023, in an interview, he revealed that he changed 14 houses in Mumbai in the last 10 years because of the money constraint.
- In June 2023, he revealed that during his first Cannes trip, no designer knew him and they were not ready to help him with the main event’s outfit. He finally wore a Zara tuxedo suit which was gifted by his friend in which he looked like a “Marwari Johnny Depp“.
Featured Image by Vijay Varma / Instagram